Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is your brain addicted to sugar ?

Saru

I mostly prefer savoury to sweet.

I wouldn't say I'm addicted to sugar, I like the odd cake or biscuit occasionally, a little of what you fancy does you good.

When I was young however, I ate lots of sweets and other sugary things like biscuits and cakes to, so I guess I may have been addicted to sugar. I can remember there being very few obese kids in my school, and I'm sure that was because we were more physically active back then, compared to what the kids are now. Obesity in adults wasn't a problem either when I was a kid, because people got more exercise.

Edited by Oxo1
  • Like 1

honey ... now honey is an entirely different pot of sweet ...

I don't eat white sugar and I don't have a sweet tooth , but my doctor once told me that sugar, salt and fat are addictive , for the morbidly obese , or any one dieting, trying to cut out these 3 foods are a struggle if you have become addicted to them .

I guess I am addicted to sugar, but I exercise a lot and have never been over weight. Can not have coffee without sugar and can not stand that fake saccharin stuff.

Fatty foods would be a problem, but i am not addicted to fat.

• Like 1

I guess I am addicted to sugar, but I exercise a lot and have never been over weight. Can not have coffee without sugar and can not stand that fake saccharin stuff.

Fatty foods would be a problem, but i am not addicted to fat.

When I was younger, I couldn't drink tea or coffee without sugar, but later in life I found I could do without it. I don't find coffee tastes at all bad without sugar, in fact I would say it tastes even better, because you can taste the true taste of coffee.

If you eat lots of fatty foods, it's a good idea to eat blueberries, as there is proven scientific evidence that suggets, they are very good for protecting the body against the harmfull effects of fat.

• Like 1