Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We are children in some ways

markdohle

We are children in some ways

I believe we are children in some ways. Or we lost it and need to get it back. Faith is not a relief from the struggle of all the 'why's' of life, it does however give some kind of path that actually gets more opaque as one travels down it. None of our pious ideas come true, we are not protected from whatever happens, bad things, good things, love or hatred.....they happen. Perhaps down deep it is our reactions that allow us to return to a childlike position, not a childish one.

Trust is a choice, a hard one, the deeper we go into faith, the darker it seems to get. Why is that? Christian mystic give an answer, it works for some, kind of works for me......in the end, we just get through the day, and my faith gives me a compass, though the road again is over some kind of abyss.....death most likely.

When we die, what do we take with us (?).....we are seeds yet to be planted, our death is the time for that. Perhaps to trust in the the process (whatever that is) is the way to go deeper and to come out on the others side a 'child', what that looks like I have no idea.

For me Christ on the cross shows me my soul, my life, as well as the souls and lives of all mankind and creation.....I do not believe it is a dead end, but something 'other', in a way that is impossible to imagine.

When I was seven, I got a knife out of my mother’s kitchen and went out to our small freshly plowed field. I looked at the knife and wondered if I should kill myself or not….in the end I thought it stupid and put the knife back. I of course never told my mum (or anyone for that matter) about that. I guess something in me decided to trust, even if I did not know at the time what it was. My faith gives an ever growing inkling, but it is just inkling, something I nourish and try to grow.

Why would you wonder to kill yourself while so young. Did you know at that age what death really was, or was it something you didn't really understand? So sad to think that you as a child could think that way.

So glad you didn't.

• Like 1

We are children of the stars, our bodies contain Carbon, Nitrogen and Oxygen atoms, which were created from previous generations of stars. Each one of us represents a different way for the universe to experience itself, until that is our purpose in life is done and then we shall die.

Why would you wonder to kill yourself while so young. Did you know at that age what death really was, or was it something you didn't really understand? So sad to think that you as a child could think that way.

So glad you didn't.

Not sure if I understood, in any-case I thought it stupid and put the knife back....I am glad I didn't as well ;-).

Peace

mark

keep going!

Well I have made it for 66 years, believe I will stay the course my friend.

Peace

mark

Not sure if I understood, in any-case I thought it stupid and put the knife back....I am glad I didn't as well ;-).

Peace

mark

I am just relieved that you did think it stupid. You gained the experiences of a whole lifetime based on that one decision! Good for you.

• Like 1

My experience with faith & trust seems to be the opposite of yours. It fills my life with light and ease, not darkness. I've never expected that having faith would make my life trouble-free, but it does make those troubles easier to bear & deal with, especially if I see them as something I can learn from in one way or another. Those troubles have led me to develop perseverance,courage, personal responsibility, compassion, how to let go. It's an odd c ombination of accepting adult responsibility for my life while at the same time maintaining a child-like trust that it will all work out. Or maybe I'm just a perpetual optimist. Either way, it works for me.

• Like 2