Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thoughts on the Solstice

Grandpa Greenman

So a Merry Christmas to one and all it would seem :wub:

• Like 6

Much Love Brothers and Sisters!

This is my favorite time of year. I have the next 17 days with my wife and son. Beach, food, hiking, games games games, partying with friends, music, laughter, stories, all of the things that make life rich and amazing. Right now, our kitchen table is completely covered with my favorite board game of all time Talisman. Our neighbor is over and he my wife and I are currently battling the Ice Queen.

Life is short, enjoy what is most precious.

• Like 3

My thoughts on this Solstice..

May everyone survive the dark, and find the warmth of friends and family to carry you through the season. Have enough to eat through famine, and feast when the time is nigh. To be safe... dear heavens, be safe. To enjoy each other, be thankful for what Mama N gives, appreciate what Papa U teaches. To be illuminated by all things great and small, from the tiniest spark to the biggest bonfire.

May everyone get all that they need, and not get all they desire. To be secure, and still keep dreaming.

• Like 3

This time of year 'down' here, in the past, when pagan celebrations were common (like 8 years ago :) ) , we used to 'turn the wheel' with a prayer;

Please get summer over quickly ... please bring on the coolness * of ' the darkness of winter' .

* a coolness that allows t shirt and shorts in the day time and a nice fire at night.

• Like 4

This time of year 'down' here, in the past, when pagan celebrations were common (like 8 years ago :) ) , we used to 'turn the wheel' with a prayer;

Please get summer over quickly ... please bring on the coolness * of ' the darkness of winter' .

* a coolness that allows t shirt and shorts in the day time and a nice fire at night.

Your Pagan holidays down under are reversed to ours. We are doing winter and you are doing summer. On Feb 1 we are doing Imboc and you are doing Lughnasadh. Either way the wheel turns. In Florida winter is the best time of the year, shorts during the day and fire weather at night. Summers are mostly rain and unbearable heat, with threat of hurricanes. At summer solstice we are praying to survive the summer. lol

• Like 3

I love celebrating the turning of the wheel, the shifts from light to dark to light, from birth, death, re-birth, and I love that I am a part of that. It brings me comfort.

• Like 3