Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs and the Spook Light..

Midyin

So I'm sure most of you here have heard of the Hornet Missouri "Spook Light"( http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spooklight ), and I'm sure a lot of you hear have heard all the crazy theories ranging from Ghost, to dimensional rifts, and even ETs, but here's a thought I had last night...

The Spook Light seems to be something that you can count on. It shows up at about the same time every nigh(so you can go see it like a tourest attraction), has been happening sense long before Automobiles or Electric lights were even invented, and despite the many years it had been studied; conventional science just can't seem to find an answer for it.

This makes me believe that it has to be something natural that we just don't understand yet, and that got me thinking about UFOs. Namely the ones that seem to just be a glowing orb(or a cluster of glowing orbs) of light.

Most people like to point at them and Say "ETs" or "GHOST!", but what if those UFOs and the Missouri Spook light both the same thing or at least stem from a similar natural source..

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

So if it shows up at about the same time every night, so why nobody was able to manage within the last 100 years or so to follow the road until the place

where the lights are originated?

• Like 2

If there is a mysterious light in the dark, then bring a telescope so that a better image can be observed. When I did this at Marfa Texas I was able to see that the "mysterious lights" everyone was drooling over was nothing more than cars in the desert. If there are mysterious lights in the area be it Marfa or the Spook lights, or anywhere else, then the mystery is only going to be lost as people look at non-mysterious lights and give them the label of mysterious.

• Like 1

I've been to the Hornet Spooklight a few times in the 90s with friends, some of whom had seen it when they were kids, saying it traveled the contour of the road.

The first time I got to go, we met somebody that apparently nicknamed himself "Billy the Kid" sitting in his car along the side of the road (with a few dozen other people), and showed us his field strength meter he had wired into his space-shuttle-looking dash, and told us about his grandmother who was a medium.

The last time we went, we saw a slow moving column or procession of white shapes, which looked like either cultists or KKK members, walking through a pasture right alongside the road about 2 AM. Turns out it was at least a dozen pure white horses. Strangest thing I ever saw. We also got micro-casette interviews with a couple of people, one who said they had seen the Spooklight a year or so previous. It flew toward them, hit the windshield and broke into multiple "pieces" and entered the van, lighting it up like daylight inside. Then the guy said "But we knew it was just headlights from the highway". We couldn't get him to understand the disconnect in those two parts of his recollection and still have no idea what that was all about.

For my part, other than a bonfire that flared up, disappointing everyone, made the last time I went, I never saw anything other than various lights here or there - nothing that behaved oddly enough for ME to say I saw "THE Spooklight". We saw a slick panel van with a big satellite dish parked at the Spooklight once, and after reading a newspaper article the next day about the Spooklight, we surmised it was a local news station crew, though I don't recall station markings on it and we never saw anybody.

The county sheriff arrived at the last one we went to in the 90s and told everybody parking on "Spooklight Road" was no longer allowed, and sent everybody on their way. I have no idea what's happened since the 90s.

• Like 1

So I'm sure most of you here have heard of the Hornet Missouri "Spook Light"( http://en.m.wikipedi.../The_Spooklight ), and I'm sure a lot of you hear have heard all the crazy theories ranging from Ghost, to dimensional rifts, and even ETs, but here's a thought I had last night...

The Spook Light seems to be something that you can count on. It shows up at about the same time every nigh(so you can go see it like a tourest attraction), has been happening sense long before Automobiles or Electric lights were even invented, and despite the many years it had been studied; conventional science just can't seem to find an answer for it.

This makes me believe that it has to be something natural that we just don't understand yet, and that got me thinking about UFOs. Namely the ones that seem to just be a glowing orb(or a cluster of glowing orbs) of light.

Most people like to point at them and Say "ETs" or "GHOST!", but what if those UFOs and the Missouri Spook light both the same thing or at least stem from a similar natural source..

Thoughts?

When you say "natural" I'm not sure whether you think that the ufo/spooklight phenomenon could be biological in origin. That's my conclusion anyway.

oooops, wrong topic

Edited by Jacques Terreur

If there is a mysterious light in the dark, then bring a telescope so that a better image can be observed. When I did this at Marfa Texas I was able to see that the "mysterious lights" everyone was drooling over was nothing more than cars in the desert. If there are mysterious lights in the area be it Marfa or the Spook lights, or anywhere else, then the mystery is only going to be lost as people look at non-mysterious lights and give them the label of mysterious.

I have yet to find any such "spook lights" that can't be explained through very mundane means such as this - cars, trains, aircraft, superior mirages, etc.

The Paulding Light in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan has been proven many times to be car lights seen on a distant highway, some 6-7 miles away.

http://www.pauldinglight.com/. Fact or Faked also did an episode on this light.

Local shops still tout it as a mystery because it brings the tourists in. It's a fun story, but there's nothing mysterious about it. Of course, this is but one of the so-called mystery lights seen around the world.

If the lights show up every night at around the same time, I'd immediately eliminate ghosts, ET's and UFO's.

Who has time to do that every single night? As to how this happened before electric lights/autos were invented, I have no explanation but I do not suspect paranormal activity