Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

France: Hizbullah TV allowed to stay on air

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#31    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 26 November 2004 - 06:30 PM

Talon...I read some of Mill and I see I did study him...seems I forgot. What you have to say is interesting and what Mill says is fascinating and I totally agree_ only, how could a democratic society win a war like this war, international terrorism, without reverting back to "the tyranny of the majority?" I think you have to buckle down to win this war. I see this in the U.S. today as Mill says his own society was ruled by the "tyranny of opinion."

I agree with you on the political channel, but we are coming from a different world-view, here, now_since 911_ and I don't want Hizbullah to spread their poison. The more this poison 'airs' the bigger the troops we have to fight.

...and, frankly, I'm worried about losing.

Edited by Babs, 26 November 2004 - 07:12 PM.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#32    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 27 November 2004 - 10:19 AM

I agree with you on the political channel, but we are coming from a different world-view, here, now_since 911_ and I don't want Hizbullah to spread their poison. The more this poison 'airs' the bigger the troops we have to fight.

You take away free speech and theyve won.

So i take it you like communism now?

Communism is the perfect way to stop terrorism,.

Give the state utter control over the masses?..

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#33    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

• By Belenos and Toutatis!

Posted 27 November 2004 - 12:09 PM

I know that the following quote has been repeated over and over and over again in the last 3 years, but I just can't help repeating it once more..
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin was a man of honour, coming from an age where men still knew what honour really is. Perhaps we should remember History and its mistakes a bit more?

Posted Image
There are two kinds of idiots - those who don't take action because they have received a threat, and those who think they are taking action because they have issued a threat.
Paulo Coelho

#34    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 27 November 2004 - 03:28 PM

Interesting wun, but I don't have a clue really as to what you are talking about this time. grin2.gif  

I loved Ben Franklin...he is one of my favorites. wub.gif

Henry David Thoreau...

#35    zukie&jim

zukie&jim

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

• nothing PC about a sidwinder exploding in a hot tail pipe !

Posted 27 November 2004 - 03:52 PM

laugh.gif  cat.gif --humm--i wonder what kind of game shows they have on "hizbulla tv ?"

instead of --"who wants to be a millionair??" -- it might be--"who wants to keep their head !!"-- instead of --"fear factor"--it could be --hizbulla factor "--LOL

hizbulla version of MTV or VH-1 ? i wonder what a hizbulla VJ would look like ?

i wonder who is the hizbulla--'dick-clark "--?? laugh.gif

#36    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:04 PM

instead of --"who wants to be a millionair??" -- it might be--"who wants to keep their head !!"

Actually, Hamas ran a show (and still do, if I'm not mistaken) a couple of months ago called "who wants to be a suicide bomber" wacko.gif... that was extremly freakish show...

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#37    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

• By Belenos and Toutatis!

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(Erikl @ Nov 27 2004, 06:04 PM)
Actually, Hamas ran a show (and still do, if I'm not mistaken) a couple of months ago called "who wants to be a suicide bomber" wacko.gif... that was extremly freakish show...

View Post

lmao  w00t.gif  
Are you kidding or is it for real?
If it was for real, then it's...lol...I dunno how to call it.  

It reminds me of what they were saying about that "Joe Millionaire" reality show, that there could be a version about JC, called "Jesus the Nazarene", where there's "this guy in Judea, and there are 12 candidate disciples that compete"  laugh.gif

Edited by Asterix, 27 November 2004 - 04:20 PM.

Posted Image
There are two kinds of idiots - those who don't take action because they have received a threat, and those who think they are taking action because they have issued a threat.
Paulo Coelho

#38    girty1600

girty1600

MRS. FALCO

• 6,654 posts

• "Just because I don't care...... doesn't mean I don't understand!"

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:23 PM

Removing radical hatred towards a group of people from the airwaves sounds like a good idea and it would appease many. The result, I am afraid, would be detremental. Free speach or not, people will find a way to make their voices heard through another medium if nessisarry. I would rather change the chanel when the program came on than turn on the tv and see people flying airplanes into buildings,
again. sad.gif

#39    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:07 PM

exactly girty.

If the general public are properly educated by the state then theyll see through the bullshit.

babs what is there to not understand.

Communism controls everything that is broadcast in the country, takes away anything that denounces or contradicts the states wishes .

Exactly what ur proposing

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#40    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(jsf35rino @ Nov 27 2004, 09:52 AM)
laugh.gif  cat.gif --humm--i wonder what kind of game shows they have on "hizbulla tv ?"

instead of --"who wants to be a millionair??" -- it might be--"who wants to keep their head !!"-- instead of --"fear factor"--it could be --hizbulla factor "--LOL

hizbulla version of MTV or VH-1 ? i wonder what a hizbulla VJ would look like ?

i wonder who is the hizbulla--'dick-clark "--?? laugh.gif

View Post

laugh.gif  thumbsup.gif That's hilarious.

Henry David Thoreau...

#41    zukie&jim

zukie&jim

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:19 PM

cat.gif  i wonder what the ads are like ??

" act now to get your FREE box cutters ! 17 absolutely FREE virgins and a palace in the GLORY LAND !! BE a MARTYR NOW ! sign up at UNCLE OMARS !!

like my late uncle once said--"if it is on TV--it can't be worth a damnn."--LOL

grin2.gif  cat.gif

#42    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:25 PM

jsf...OMG!.. that is good!  w00t.gif  laugh.gif

Henry David Thoreau...

#43    zukie&jim

zukie&jim

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:40 PM

cat.gif  Uncle omar's camel sales ,  0 down ! no interest till ramadan !! got an old wife for a trade--no problem !!

check out this low milage single hump ! gets 30mpg (on water) !

just say " i saw you ad on hizbullah TV"  and get a free gift ! yes your own FREE -FREE FREE copy of Mahhad ishmaks "greatest hits"--cd  which includes songs like--

"i will go on a jehad for a two hump brown eyed female", and that forever classic "go home infidel "

hurry to uncle omars tent --act NOW !!!

all trades final--no refunds ! <--fine print cat.gif  grin2.gif

#44    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 07:17 PM

wun...I will have to mull this over. I'll get back to you. I hope Talon comes on  again and helps me decipher what 'I'm saying'. grin2.gif  I haven't read all there is to, on Mill, so I'm not sure that what I am talking about applies here.

Henry David Thoreau...

#45    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 08:31 PM

LOL jsf... laugh.gif....

exactly girty.

If the general public are properly educated by the state then theyll see through the bullshit.

babs what is there to not understand.

Communism controls everything that is broadcast in the country, takes away anything that denounces or contradicts the states wishes .

Exactly what ur proposing

That's quite damagougic of you to say that (just to make things clear here - I am not calling you a damagogue here, and I do not intend to insult you)...
There's a huge difference between banning inciting propaganda against certain group, and banning free speech.

History have shown us that even well educated people fall into the hands of racist propaganda when they are fed by it enough (Nazi Germany is a good example... I hope youre not suggesting that the Germans were un-educated at the time, not when Germany was considered to be the cultural center of Europe huh.gif).
Just like democracy isn't just about whatever the majority wants (because if it was, the majority could just have agreed to kill the minority groups, and this would be legal in such swisted democracy), and the majority desires does have to cope into the legal system of the country (and you would still consider such a state to be a democracy), so does freedom of speech has to be restricted when it comes to racism and violence.
Racist groups and violent groups should be banned, because they are a danger to society.
I'm not saying "let's arrest everyone who say something we don't like".
I'm saying, "let's not give known terrorist groups and racist groups spread their violent propaganda out".
Democracy has to defend itself, even in the cost of banning groups that are a menace to society (proven neo-nazis, known terrorist groups like Hezbollah, etc.).

Such restriction will not lead to total ban on freedom of speech, so stop making it sound like it will.
On the other hand, it will cause the society to be much more open to "alien" ideas, because no parts of the society are incited to hate "different" views.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users