Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When composing, posts not in reverse order?

ChrLzs

Maybe I tripped over a setting...? I've been away for a week or so, and have noticed a slightly annoying change. When I use the advanced editor, it used to show the posts in reverse order underneath the edit window, in other words I would see the most recent post at the top, then the second last etc.

Now, when I am editing, the posts appear is 'normal' order so the very first post appears.. I can't see the current context without opening another window...

Did I accidentally change something, or is this a new 'improved' feature? If so, I don't like it..

There haven't been any changes to the forum software in months.

I'm not aware of any way to reverse the ordering of the posts in the preview page either.

I'm going to think I'm crazy now... Is this a false memory I have? I'll wear it if necessary, but I'm sure the advanced editor screen used to show the posts in reverse order.. Anyone else?

Edited by ChrLzs

It's not a feature I use so it's not something I would have noticed, but looking at it now the posts do appear to be in reverse order on the preview when using the advanced editor page than what they should be.

The only thing I can think of is that a recent maintenance patch may have introduced a bug in to the forum code.

Unfortunately there isn't really anything I can do to fix it at the moment.

Ever since the Quick Reply and Multi-quote option has been added to the Forum I hardly ever use the Advanced Preview option. But I have a distinct memory of it being in reverse order (the first post I see is the last reply to the topic, the second one is the second-last, etc etc etc). I just checked my Advanced Preview screen and the first post I see is the OP then the next and the next.

I don't know how long this change has been around (as said, I haven't used it in quite some time), but it's definitely reverse to what it was way back when, and obviously since it's an issue now is perhaps a recent change of some kind?

• Like 1

sorting of the dates ?

or sort order default show status somewhere got a '0' rather than a '1'

~ :lol:

programmer talk from a friend ~ he's a coder he says :)

One thing worth mentioning is that in the next major Invision Board release, which is almost out of beta, the post preview page has actually been removed entirely because the quick edit box has been equipped with all of the options and tools that the preview page used to have.

This change appears to be designed to make it quicker and easier to participate in threads.

• Like 1

Thanks all - I look forward (tentatively) to the upgrade.. I just hope they have sacked the editor's programmer improved the editor. The stupid way it handles size codes in/out of quotes, is just ridiculous - I can't count the number of times I have had to go into the source code to tidy up all the rogue {size=3} and {size=4} codes, or to quickly stop typing when my cursor inexplicably jumps back one line, or to find bold or italic codes that are uncancellable except by manual edit....

I believe the editor has been completely redesigned so it will definitely be different to the one we have now.

• Like 1