Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Big Bomb

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 07:42 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/03/11/sprj.irq....moab/index.html

geez.  that is one big mean bomb.  a cloud 10, 000 ft. high?                                                    

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#2    JoJoBinks

JoJoBinks

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 09:23 PM

Holy Mother Of #$(#$#$*#$ AND $#*#*&$*#&**&#@(!!!!!

Psychological effects?! I am ready to surrender Right Now! All of Florida just did!!
Its got to be dropped from a C-130?!??!?!?!?!?!??!! WTF *#$**(#&@(*#&$!!!!!!!! What it wont fit in a B-1?!? B-52?!?

And I like how they said that the Earthquake people said it caused no seismic activity. Wouldn't that suck.

HEADLINES: A TEST WITH A NEW BOMB CAUSED A MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE AND FLORIDA SUNK INTO THE OCEAN TODAY...........................

I guess they are getting ready for China in case they decide to invade all of Asia, middle east, and Europe. With 200 million troops they'd just have to leave a million behind in each country for security. ohmy.gif                                                  

#3    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:04 PM

Man that's just crazy.  You bet it's a deterrent, no bunker is safe laugh.gif
Let's just hope it works.                                                  

Nothing to see here.

#4    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:58 PM

the test went as planned.  i read an interesting note on the bomb, its a 10.5 megaton bomb- the a-bomb we dropped on Hiroshima was a 15 megaton bomb.  that is one mean ass bomb.                                                    

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
at what time i might,

- me, 1997

#5    JoJoBinks

JoJoBinks

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 11:27 PM

Satire:

Clinton- Lets send a bunch of black clad Ninja's in there, oh that will scare em all to bloody hell!

Bush- (laughing at Clinton's idea) Ok boys, we are gonna build this huge bomb, and call it the MOFOoab(MOAB for the media). Then before we go to war with the next terrorist state, we'll test it in Florida and make sure the cloud goes up so high they can see it half way across the world. Sorta like them Roadrunner cartoons.

General- Ok boss, how big should we build this thing?

Bush- Whats the biggest plane we got can drop that MOFO-oab?

General- C-130

Bush-  Aight, Lets do this Yo!

General- Word!!!

(Rest of the staff) WHAZZZZZAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Ok that might of been really stupid but it made me laugh for a second writing it so I am posting it. And the author of said satire claims no responsibility of anything that may have been directly or indirectly impacked said life or lives in general.
Subtitle: I dont Give a F**% if you liked it or not!  biggrin.gif                                                  

#6    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 11:40 PM

supposedly, they taped the test and sent a copy of it to Iraq.  they want to use it to scare troops into surrendering.  

so your satire has some truth to it Jojo smile.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
at what time i might,

- me, 1997

#7    Tioria

Tioria

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 01:45 AM

NOthing like hearing a loud boom in the middle of going to work. It was loud. I live 5 min from Eglin AFB. But we had no earthquake heheh.
I didn't see the plume of smoke though,  I have been trapped inside work all day long.
Not too mention the site was about 20 min away from where I live.

However, on Sunday we had a plane crash into 2 houses in  Valparaiso enroute from New MExico, there was an article about it. I think it was in CNN as well. Eglin is all about being in the news lately.

Posted Image

#8    JoJoBinks

JoJoBinks

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 02:05 AM

I lived in Titusville for a year, is that near there T?

Anyways I LOVE IT:

We test the MOFOoab..........Then say well, we MIGHT extend the deadline a LITTLE BIT..........for Iraq...........AND!!!!!!! We dont need no stinking allies like we dont need no badges to take you out and go to war!!!!!!!!!!

LOL and I love that those troops tried to surrender before the war starts.......Hey I am not against Iraq. I am sure they are good people. But I am against Iraq at the same time cuz if you take a country like a human, the brain is Saddam and needs to be killed or removed at the least.

Barry Maguire's 'Eve of Destruction' song comes to mind at the momment.

#9    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 12 March 2003 - 09:11 AM

The bomb at hiroshima was 5 Kilotons of TNT

1000 kilotons = 1 megaton

So where did u come up with 15 megatons!!??!

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#10    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,201 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 March 2003 - 11:39 AM

According to Google - The Hiroshima bomb was somewhere between 10-20kilotons, and the bomb mentioned in the article is 18,000pounds, which is about 8-10 tons.

The new bomb is over a thousand times less powerful than the Hiroshima bomb, but still packs one hell of a punch.                                                  

#11    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 03:27 PM

i meant KILOTONS.  sorry, sometimes my memory fails me when i read these articles.  also, we don't use the metric system of measurement often in the USA and those prefixes all blend together in my mind smile.gif

it was a 10.5 kiloton blast- which is only slightly smaller than the Hiroshima bomb.  

the destructiveness is not based on the weight of the bomb, Saruman,but rather the amount of TNT that the explosion equals.  

thanks for waking me up, Dowdy.  a 10.5 megaton blast is like one of those huge Russian hydrogen combo bombs.  there would be no Florida panhandle if they dropped a bomb like that wink.gif

Attached Files

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
at what time i might,

- me, 1997

#12    Shack

Shack

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 06:35 PM

The biggest bomb the russians detonated was a high altitude 52 megaton airburst - more or less to demonstrate that they could build a bomb that big, and they weren't scared to let it off.

The power of a nuke also has to do with the speed at which it detonates - they are much more efficient, exploding from what boils down to a single geometric point in space. to use your example - the hiroshima bomb was equivalent to approximately 15 thousand tons of TNT. while it occupied a single bomb, you'd need many a truck to haul that amount of TNT around, and if you piled it all together, it would not produce the same kind of destructive force that the atom bomb did, purely because it would take longer to detonate, and its explosive impulse would be much more dispersed, erupting from a gigantic mountain of explosives, and not a single point.  This is why when ammunition factories explode, they do a lot of damage but they tend not to wipe out the surrounding area.

it would still be a f*****g big explosion though, no doubt about that.                                                  

#13    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 18 March 2003 - 06:58 PM

Here's a link to a site that shows a video of the bomb drop and explosion;

CLICK HERE

You'll need Real Player to view it.                                                  

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#14    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 03:30 AM

omg, i hate realplayer.  why is it that they update that stupid thing every week and try to con you into downloading a newer version?  my version is now out of date and they want me to download another one?  i refuse.  it took me a week to figure out how to keep the last version from doing things i didnt want it to do.   can you believe the version i downloaded 3 months ago doesnt have the capability to play this clip?  hmm.  

anything that attempts to slip by little features when you set it up on your computer isnt worth using at all.  i swear, just installing realplayer is a pain, you have to seek and destroy all those useless features they try to bury away from your view.  

that being said, does anyone have a vid of this in a 'real' format?   laugh.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
at what time i might,

- me, 1997

#15    loganXman

loganXman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 314 posts

• I go or i wanna go..

Posted 19 March 2003 - 03:58 AM

same here DS mad.gif                                                  

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand.
That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
We shall flow a river forth to Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomie Partris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."
-Boondock Saints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users