Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Big Bomb

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 19 March 2003 - 05:38 AM

here is some more info on the nuke that russia did

Russian Nuke

although it doesn't say on the site, the shockwave circled the earth 3 times ohmy.gif                                                  

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#17    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 03:12 PM

i did a research paper in college on the lingering effects of radioactivity from these nuclear tests- let me just say it would convert you to an environmentalist very quickly.  most of the cancer cases around the world can be traced back to these above ground nuclear tests- the radioactivity peaked in the 60's and has been declining since.  you probably have radioactive materials scattered about your home right now from these tests, no matter where you live in the world.  

this Russian bomb shows how idiotic people can be.  we may never know how many people its really killed or maimed just by being tested.  

oh yeah, i almost forgot the scariest part.  the way that radiation falls from the atmosphere is quite up to chance and sometimes it 'pools' into what they call a 'hotspot'.  that is where the radiation all falls down into a tiny area due to the wind currents carrying it far away and then dropping it down to earth at once.  these hotspots exist in all parts of the world and the radiation levels can be VERY dangerous and most are never discovered.  often, a whole town will have a dramatically high rate of some serious birth defect or cancer before the hotspot is discovered.  even when authorities find the hotspot, they may never tell you about it because there are so many of them and they dont want to create panic.  your backyard could be a hotspot and you may never know its killing you and your family.

also, some people claim nuclear energy is safe and clean.  not so at all, if you live within 50 miles of a nuclear plant you are exposing your family to very dangerous levels of radiation.  governments have come up with a way to keep you believing that you are safe by classifying radiation exposure on some vague number that represents your exposure level over a period of time.  what they fail to mention is that a person can only be exposed to a certain amount of radiation in their lifetime and that radiation exposure is cumulative- your body can only take a certain amount before it causes harm.  most of us are already at the high edge of that cumulative exposure just by living on this earth and also from X-ray machines, radioactive devices, etc.  if you live near a nuclear plant, the amount of radiation is said to be safe as a constant exposure, but if your body is at its peak, you will get cancer from it.

have a nice day  biggrin.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#18    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 19 March 2003 - 05:46 PM

Pathetic to see that people are still developping bombs like that..  dry.gif

An then there are some countries that are maing those bombs but sh** their pants when other countries also try it, and succeed.. I will not call nay names, but everyone knows who I mean...sad.gif

But still, the explosion of a nuke is one of the most beautiful and devastating things I ever saw. (no, not in real.. tongue.gif )

Odin                                                    

#19    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 06:21 PM

ya, and then there are little scrawny countries of mountains and ice who depend on the protection of larger nations.  they have no real power of their own, be it culturally, economically, or militarily but they make good ice skaters.  

their people are resigned to making condescending remarks about the very people who provide their protection.   laugh.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
at what time i might,

- me, 1997

#20    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 06:29 PM

ahh dammit, i thought you were from Norway, Odin.  

let me rephrase my comment:

ya, then there are little countries with windmills and tulips that have no power of their own, other than drawing all the drug addicts and men looking for a good time to visit their country and to contract a sexually transmitted disease from a legalized whore.  

the rest you can take from the last post.   laugh.gif

*btw, i am just making a joke*                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
at what time i might,

- me, 1997

#21    Shack

Shack

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 12:10 AM

The dutch are way too laid back to make nukes mellow.gif  biggrin.gif

thermonuclear weapons are the arms of the uptight.                                                  

#22    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 20 March 2003 - 12:43 AM

I think the Dutch are more lovers than fighters.  
               But I'm sure they do both if necessary.   smile.gif                                                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users