Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

witchcraft of athens, texas

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#31    HollisterShane

HollisterShane

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:03 AM

yes.gif yep! Also I forgot to mention, Henderson County is number three for devil worshipers and wicca and all that other junk in the world. Scary huh?! yes.gif

#32    Kip

Kip

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:47 AM

http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/ghosts1/txghosts.html

Found this on google but cant get it to work on my old dial up.  Someone else might have better luck.

#33    Hans Dolbrook

Hans Dolbrook

opemmind1963

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:03 PM

texas is probably a hotbed for santa rio and that other mexican voodoo. thumbsup.gif

Edited by openmind1963, 23 May 2005 - 09:04 PM.

Posted Image

{" Everyone needs to feel safe but hell; might as well blame the trailer park for attracting lightning bolts and tornados. I mean, I had a hand in certain things. But everybody's got free will... I just give them enough rope to hang themselves."-Lucas Buck}

#34    RedRaider9981

RedRaider9981

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

• "The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter" - Mark Twain

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:12 AM

I have lived very close to Athens, TX for 13 years in the nearby town of Mabank (We are about an hour SE of Dallas, Athens is about an hour and 20 min). I began hearing the rumors and stories when I was in junior high, and I can vouch for the rest of the people on here in that YES, they are all TRUE.

I have been an amateur paranormal investigator for several years and have visited Fullers Park on many occasions both during the day and at night. My friends and I have taken over a hundred pictures inside the park and the surrounding area. In one of our photographs of the monkey cage, we counted over 100 orbs, and they did not look happy...

I could go on and on about all the legends of the area and of course the hot spot Fullers Park in particular, maybe another time, but I will say that I have for sure never been as scared in my life as I was the night me and my best friend went in there late one summer night in June 2003. We were walking down the trail and had just gotten past the graves a ways when we both heard something and stopped dead in our tracks. We immediately started shining our 5cell maglights all over the adjacent tree line. We distinctly heard loud heavy footsteps coming toward us in the woods, but whatever it was was walking on 2 feet because it only took 1 distinct step at a time, and it moved very slow as if it was trying to sneak up on us. It was so quiet that night you could have heard a pin drop, so we immediately zoned in on where it was coming from. What was so scary was that it was that the sound was so close to us that we could have almost reached out and touched whatever or whoever it was, but yet we never saw a thing. We stood there for several minutes shining our lights all over the place, listening to its steps get closer and closer to us. It must have been only 10-15 feet away from us tops, but we never saw so much as a leaf move. Needless to say we took off running back up that hill just as fast as we could, jumped in the car, and hauled ass out there.

To this day I have never been back. I can also say that I have seen the devil worshipers come out of the woods with my own eyes, and they had some kind of dead animal strapped to a gurney type cart thing. Fullers Park is pure evil and something is seriously wrong about Athens, Texas...

"The only 'normal' people in this world are the people you don't know very well" - Rodney Daingerfield

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy" - William Shakespeare, "Hamlet," 1601

I can't believe I bought a '59 Eldorado to go with my Elvis records...

#35    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:30 PM

Here is a small fact. If they are devil worshipers then best to stay out of there way!
That old saying..... out of sight out of mind! think about it! innocent.gif

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#36    Apparition

Apparition

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• There is no place on the ground for someone who belongs in the sky.

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:29 AM

I lived there briefly with my dad where i made a few friends who all said the exact same. That there were devil worshiping cults and witches everywhere. I never saw it first hand but we went to the local legend there called the Elephant Graveyard or Fullers Park. It was the site of a circus some time ago and if you go in there are cages for animals and such still inside, kind of fun. Just wanted to mention that the town is full of local urban legends. People say if you go way back into Fullers Park thats where the rituals and junk are held.

Edited by Apparition, 31 July 2005 - 08:31 AM.

That whisper in the trees? . . . It's not the wind.

#37    signman

signman

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• nobody cry when Jaws die

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:10 PM

on the subject of satan worshipping and Texas, has anyone seen the 1975 film "Race with the Devil", starring Peter Fonda and the late, great Warren Oates? It's just recently been released on dvd in the U.S., and it deals with a vacationing couple driving through the backwoods of Texas only to encounter a pack of Devil-worshippers. A great film, full of shocks and paranoia. One of my desert island picks; check it out! Selah

#38    digophelia1228

digophelia1228

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:25 AM

yes.gif yep! Also I forgot to mention, Henderson County is number three for devil worshipers and wicca and all that other junk in the world. Scary huh?! yes.gif

Devil worship and Wicca are not the same at all. Wiccan don't even believe the devil exists. According to the Wiccan Rede (one of the highest Wiccan codes of behavior) "'An it harm none, do what ye will". In other words, Do what you please as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. If you do some research you'll find that Wiccans place a lot of emphasis on peace and respect for others. (here's a good link: http://www.witchway.net/wicca/what1.html)
Also, the pentagram in itself is not evil: only when misguided people use it for evil.

I myself am not a Wiccan, but I AM a pagan, and it bothers me when we pagans are confused with the evil associated with devil worship. Technically Satanists are a Christian sect, because they have splintered off of Christianity by choosing to follow the devil instead of God. However, they still acknowledge the existance of the christian God, they have just chosen to follow his nemesis.

As a college student in Athens, I've never encountered or heard of any of the supernatural goings on of Fuller Park, and I live on campus. I have heard of the pipes and the road (the Loop is finished, by the way, so the pentagram is complete), and that is actually what I was searching for when I found this page. However, I asked my fiance about it (he's been here for one more semester than I) and he rattled off all the stories, and some about our friends and they things they've encountered there. I have to say, in the hour I've been researching it I've found about three different versions of the story of the monkey cages, and while I don't think any one of those stories is very factual, I do think there's something terribly wrong about that place. I've always been sensitive to emotions and auras, but in Athens (probably because of the pentagram under it tongue.gif ) I've been even more sensitive. I keep getting awful migraine-like headaches, and there didn't seem to be any cause for them. But as soon as I started hearing these stories, I knew. The stories themselves may not be very true, but the sick feeling in my guts when I hear the phrases "Fuller Park" and "monkey cages" is. Something awful happened in that park, and I have no desire to find out what.  no.gif

#39    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 27 April 2006 - 01:51 PM

Most Satanists are atheists. They don't worship some red-skinned guy with cloven hoves and a pitchfork.

eh?  blink.gif

Im an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#40    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:25 PM

Carolyn McCrary & Sherman McCrary, Ginger Taylor, Ray Taylor, and Daniel McCrary (1971-1972) aka "the McCrary Family" started out as a group of armed robbers in Athens, Texas and proceeded to become obsessed with kidnapping, rape, and murder.

Posted Image

#41    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:49 PM

I have lived in Athens my whole life, and have heard tons about fullers park.  I have never heard the whole story and hope to find someone one day who knows more than me.  devil.gif

Try the people listed on this site.
link

Posted Image

#42    Rosemary Campbell

Rosemary Campbell

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 03:27 PM

Why don't they just close off all the tunnel entrances, and post a don't tresspass sign and tell them a Huge fine will be leveled against anyone breaking those rules and I bet this will put a stop to the locals trying to hold Seances and things, and possibly doing a little witchcraft to scare each other.

Teens for example like to gather at these places, drink and do ugly things and try to scare up some mysterious forces.

People need to realize that they don't have to participate in these things at all because the Spirit World is all around us and spirits can visit us whether we do these rituals or not if they want to.

Its possible that some ghosts or spirits seeing what is going on might decide to do a little fun of their own and scare the daylights out of those doing these things.

#43    novaceleste

novaceleste

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 04:00 PM

Devil worship and Wicca are not the same at all. Wiccan don't even believe the devil exists. According to the Wiccan Rede (one of the highest Wiccan codes of behavior) "'An it harm none, do what ye will". In other words, Do what you please as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. If you do some research you'll find that Wiccans place a lot of emphasis on peace and respect for others. (here's a good link: http://www.witchway.net/wicca/what1.html)
Also, the pentagram in itself is not evil: only when misguided people use it for evil.

I myself am not a Wiccan, but I AM a pagan, and it bothers me when we pagans are confused with the evil associated with devil worship. Technically Satanists are a Christian sect, because they have splintered off of Christianity by choosing to follow the devil instead of God. However, they still acknowledge the existance of the christian God, they have just chosen to follow his nemesis.

As a college student in Athens, I've never encountered or heard of any of the supernatural goings on of Fuller Park, and I live on campus. I have heard of the pipes and the road (the Loop is finished, by the way, so the pentagram is complete), and that is actually what I was searching for when I found this page. However, I asked my fiance about it (he's been here for one more semester than I) and he rattled off all the stories, and some about our friends and they things they've encountered there. I have to say, in the hour I've been researching it I've found about three different versions of the story of the monkey cages, and while I don't think any one of those stories is very factual, I do think there's something terribly wrong about that place. I've always been sensitive to emotions and auras, but in Athens (probably because of the pentagram under it tongue.gif ) I've been even more sensitive. I keep getting awful migraine-like headaches, and there didn't seem to be any cause for them. But as soon as I started hearing these stories, I knew. The stories themselves may not be very true, but the sick feeling in my guts when I hear the phrases "Fuller Park" and "monkey cages" is. Something awful happened in that park, and I have no desire to find out what.  no.gif

First, welcome to UM! thumbsup.gif Second, I agree with you totally. Wiccan is not the "sinister" spiritual path that some make it out to be. People that say that don't know ANYTHING about it. Wiccans don't even believe in the devil, or demons! angry.gif

Wiccans follow their own path and believe in what they think is right. There are no rules to follow as some other religions. The only thing that might be considered a "rule" is ...
Do what you will, and harm none.
Harm none! How can that be sinister???

Not all who wander are lost.

#44    digophelia1228

digophelia1228

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:46 AM

First, welcome to UM! thumbsup.gif Second, I agree with you totally. Wiccan is not the "sinister" spiritual path that some make it out to be. People that say that don't know ANYTHING about it. Wiccans don't even believe in the devil, or demons! angry.gif

Wiccans follow their own path and believe in what they think is right. There are no rules to follow as some other religions. The only thing that might be considered a "rule" is ...
Do what you will, and harm none.
Harm none! How can that be sinister???

Thanks for the welcome.  grin2.gif

#45    Bird Flu

Bird Flu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 03:47 AM

I don't know if it's been posted already (skimmed the posts and didnt see it, but may have missed it) but I found the following link with some photos by googling fuller park...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/special/5365690/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users