Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was tape used to cover up Apollo 7 UFO ?

UM-Bot

A peculiar object was recorded high above the Earth by astronauts during an early manned mission.

The Apollo moon landings have been the subject of conspiracy theories for years and even to this day there are still some who believe that Armstrong's first steps on the moon never happened.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ed-up-with-tape

• Like 1

That's curious, because here are the pictures from Apollo 7 that the astronauts took - Courtesy from NASA's website.

Below you can identify the taped pictures and then there is the one that shows the 'alleged UFO' ?

If there was a 'duct tape' cover up..... why did NASA leave the picture of the anomaly? :P

Edit to say......if they/NASA had something to hide?

http://www.lpi.usra....mm/magazine/?07

Edited by Astra00
  • Like 1

The Apollo missions at this time used Hasselblad cameras, which use 120 roll film loaded into cartridges, or backs. These were preloaded with film so as to be interchangeable quickly as only 12 exposures are possible in the 6x6 cm square format. Tape is used to thread the start of the film through the leader spool and the end of the film is attached to the film spool with adhesive tape so that it can be rewound before removal for processing. The part of the film that was attached would not be exposed so, when processed just appears as the natural opaque brown of the film before exposure. Did you get all that?

I know this because I worked as a film processor and photographer for many years. NASA are not covering anything up with this, in fact they are also showing the ruined pictures also!

Edited by Torviking
  • Like 4

- The image showing the object is numbered AS07-07-1874 (magazine S) and the images with the tape are numbered AS07-07-1878 +

AS07-07-1879 so there are 3 images in between these but are not showing the object and not the tape.

- The object is located on the right side of the window frame of the Command Module, so the object (solid or not) can only be located in

between the cam lens and the window frame but not outside the Command Module.

bwline_zpseyddev3i.jpg

- The claim that the astronauts taped the cam lens to hide an object is ridiculous. If a real object had been monitored, a lot of images of the object had

been taken but not published.

Recapitulatory, the "object" seems to be a glitch on the film material itself, simply just that.

The "object":

blob2_zpsh2ckewyi.jpg

Edited by toast
  • Like 4

Check Luna Cognita and Martin Stubbs on youtube (secretnasaman)... there is few other video engineeres who exposes NASA lies

Check Luna Cognita and Martin Stubbs on youtube (secretnasaman)... there is few other video engineeres who exposes NASA lies

yeh well we have a nasa guy here too, why not just ask him?

• Like 3

Here are the current tallies from the source articles survey. :rolleyes:

Do you think this footage shows a UFO cover-up?

• YES
    54%

• NO
    46%

• Like 2

Check Luna Cognita and Martin Stubbs on youtube

No.

• Like 3

The anomaly looks an awful lot like the beak of Duck Dodgers to me... Coincidence? Hey thats just joicidence with a C...

No.

Mad.

It looks like the Enterprise NCC 1701D to me, does anyone else see the similarity?

• Like 1

OK -So NASA is covering up a UFO sighting. If the UFOs are here, why would Russia nd the other countries around the world agree to cover them up? To do so would be to work with the freaded USA. Russia, China, North Korea and other countries would never do that. You'd think one would blow the whistle by now just to make us look bad. Of course the pat answer to that one is "Global Panic!" All we have are blurry images and fakes. Since the "UFO" appears to be on the inside of the capsule, could it be simply a piece of trash that got loose?

• Like 1

Since the "UFO" appears to be on the inside of the capsule, could it be simply a piece of trash that got loose?

I agree,it could have been a piece of lint, paper or anything that was floating around in the capsule.

I feel that NASA actually used that piece (of whatever it was)...to throw us off the "real thing" that was covered up/removed.

Hence why "in my above post" they left the anomaly in one of the pictures ?? - Photo - A507-07-1874 - via link.

Below is another link, that I had found rather interesting.

The " UFO" looks nothing like the anomaly that has been discussed here.....something smells a bit off if you ask me and rather confusing :unsure2:

http://exopolitics.o...-michael-salla/

• Like 1

Looks like Walter stuck his chewing gum to the window again for safe keeping.

• Like 1

It looks like the Enterprise NCC 1701D to me, does anyone else see the similarity?

I also thought that.

I think it is just something on the film itself, nothing that was in space. Nothing here, move along.

That's curious, because here are the pictures from Apollo 7 that the astronauts took - Courtesy from NASA's website.

Below you can identify the taped pictures and then there is the one that shows the 'alleged UFO' ?

If there was a 'duct tape' cover up..... why did NASA leave the picture of the anomaly? :P

Edit to say......if they/NASA had something to hide?

That is very objective well thought out, well sourced and an excellent comment which raises a very pertinent question. Same with you next post, good contribution.

Have you abducted Astra????

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

That is very objective well thought out, well sourced and an excellent comment which raises a very pertinent question. Same with you next post, good contribution.

Have you abducted Astra????

haha... ;)

Hey! don't forget to vote.

• Like 1

Don't you think this has run its course? We've had enough now, conspiracy theorists go away , it's been debunked HELLO!m

Looks like Walter stuck his chewing gum to the window again for safe keeping.

You know, at first I laughed then I realised you have a valid point here :P

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like a shoe of that cat from story '' Cat in shoes '', nice one eh

Nowadays you can buy duct tape in all kinds of colors and with all kinds of designs on it. I'd find it very amusing if NASA used duct tape with UFOs on it to coverup the UFO's. But I'm EA.

NASA even has the delete DUck tape ! Stick it on the video`s and it deletes all the UFO`s !