Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists closer to curing the common cold

UM-Bot

Researchers have found a way to 'jam' the genetic code of the virus which affects millions every year.

The breakthrough comes courtesy of scientists at the Universities of Leeds and York who used computers to locate the code hidden within the ribonucleic acid structure of a virus molecule.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/277718/scientists-close-to-curing-the-common-cold

When scientists have a cure for cancer, call me. I don't care about any cure for a harmless cold.

• Like 1

When scientists have a cure for cancer, call me. I don't care about any cure for a harmless cold.

The article mentioned that this could be used with any virus, so more than just the common cold. Try flu and a few other nasties.

I am one who believes that some of these virus, have a place here on the planet. No one knows what other effects they have on the world and our surroundings outside the human body.

I tend to think that if some are wiped out, it leaves a gap in the system that might allow something even more virulent to manifest. Which could be a whole new ball game for mankind.

• Like 1

Researchers have found a way to 'jam' the genetic code of the virus which affects millions every year.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...the-common-cold

Wow...it sure would be awesome not to have to deal with colds and other viruses like the flu. I'm one of those people who catches every little thing, and it just hangs on for weeks.

Edited by ChaosRose

Common cold? Affects millions? Well there's an unexplained mystery for ya. At least it is for me. When it's a fact that anyone can consciously control their immune system, thereby avoiding common cold, how the heck can it affect millions? It's like getting wet from the rain cuz you were lazy/ignorant/stupid enough not to get an umbrella. Funny world we live in.

I just thought of this. I wonder how the drug companies will price the "virus blocker" as they will be losing billions in cold medication sales. :tu:

The makers of Kleenex will never let this happen.

Big Snot Rag crushes all who opposed their bottom line.

im a lucky guy, i got the flu/cold once every 2 years or so, but i would really buy this cure. i hate it when i'm "off" for 7days

Common cold? Affects millions? Well there's an unexplained mystery for ya. At least it is for me. When it's a fact that anyone can consciously control their immune system, thereby avoiding common cold, how the heck can it affect millions? It's like getting wet from the rain cuz you were lazy/ignorant/stupid enough not to get an umbrella. Funny world we live in.

it's a fact that anyone can consciously control their immune system

If you know how to do that, then teach the rest of us this skill. Better yet, teach all those people who are suffering from AIDS.

The idea of boosting your immunity is enticing, but the ability to do so has proved elusive for several reasons. The immune system is precisely that — a system, not a single entity. To function well, it requires balance and harmony. There is still much that researchers don’t know about the intricacies and interconnectedness of the immune response. For now, there are no scientifically proven direct links between lifestyle and enhanced immune function.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.health.harvard.edu%2Fstaying-healthy%2Fhow-to-boost-your-immune-system&ei=WNfUVKGGCcjeggSCnoCwCA&usg=AFQjCNFRVOpBJSHDondggsABJAvvjkOBBA&sig2=_8MQHLUchmCG5g2UZeQmNg&bvm=bv.85464276,d.eXY

Edited by ChaosRose

im a lucky guy, i got the flu/cold once every 2 years or so, but i would really buy this cure. i hate it when i'm "off" for 7days

I'm the same way, I get the flu once in 2-3 years....I almost never get colds now....when I was a kid I had colds, flu, and stomach bugs constantly though...It was miserable.

What's amazing is not that the cure is for the cold, but that it is a cure for a virus that has been incurable since it was discovered.

If a cure is found and IF available to the public, Just think how it will affect the cold medicine industry.

If a cure is found and IF available to the public, Just think how it will affect the cold medicine industry.

This. Any "cure" they find will be swept under the rug. They won't allow this to cut into the sales of "Big Pharma." :rolleyes:

This. Any "cure" they find will be swept under the rug. They won't allow this to cut into the sales of "Big Pharma." :rolleyes:

Obviously, big pharma would benefit, financially, from any cure for this or any other virus. j

it's a fact that anyone can consciously control their immune system

If you know how to do that, then teach the rest of us this skill. Better yet, teach all those people who are suffering from AIDS.

The idea of boosting your immunity is enticing, but the ability to do so has proved elusive for several reasons. The immune system is precisely that — a system, not a single entity. To function well, it requires balance and harmony. There is still much that researchers don’t know about the intricacies and interconnectedness of the immune response. For now, there are no scientifically proven direct links between lifestyle and enhanced immune function.

https://www.google.c....85464276,d.eXY

Woah! You live in a cave or something?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/05/140505155210.htm

To quote the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America

"Hitherto, both the autonomic nervous system and innate immune system were regarded as systems that cannot be voluntarily influenced. The present study demonstrates that, through practicing techniques learned in a short-term training program, the sympathetic nervous system and immune system can indeed be voluntarily influenced."

http://www.pnas.org/content/111/20/7379.full

And you want ME to TEACH YOU how to do it??? For heaven's sake, poor Tibetan monks have been trying to tell you for thousand of years. You just won't listen will you? Never noticed all they wear is a piece of loose robe?? Yes, you definitely live in a cave.

p.s. the page you posted suffers from an acute lack of sources and references. Heck, it doesn't even have a date on it! Looks archaic anyway. One clue is that it's still trying to tell you to boost your immune system, when we all know that it's conscious control we want, which is EXACTLY what Tummo yoga gives you. Harvard has a lot of catching up to do, or just take off all obsolete and misleading material from their website, it's an embarrassment.

By the way, if you live your life by the motto "in obsolete Harvard articles we trust", I recommend you read:

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/04.18/09-tummo.html

Maybe you can take something out of it, although, having read your private messages that prove your profound ignorance, I seriously doubt it.

Edited by Rolci

Woah! You live in a cave or something?

http://www.scienceda...40505155210.htm

To quote the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America

"Hitherto, both the autonomic nervous system and innate immune system were regarded as systems that cannot be voluntarily influenced. The present study demonstrates that, through practicing techniques learned in a short-term training program, the sympathetic nervous system and immune system can indeed be voluntarily influenced."

http://www.pnas.org/...11/20/7379.full

And you want ME to TEACH YOU how to do it??? For heaven's sake, poor Tibetan monks have been trying to tell you for thousand of years. You just won't listen will you? Never noticed all they wear is a piece of loose robe?? Yes, you definitely live in a cave.

p.s. the page you posted suffers from an acute lack of sources and references. Heck, it doesn't even have a date on it! Looks archaic anyway. One clue is that it's still trying to tell you to boost your immune system, when we all know that it's conscious control we want, which is EXACTLY what Tummo yoga gives you. Harvard has a lot of catching up to do, or just take off all obsolete and misleading material from their website, it's an embarrassment.

Maybe you can take something out of it, although, having read your private messages that prove your profound ignorance, I seriously doubt it.

It sounds like you might need to meditate.

Edited by ChaosRose

That's cute Rolci. Let me tell you a little story.

I'm 48 years old. I was raised by new age parents who believed everything you do. My mother ran a yoga studio for 30 years, was one of the west coasts leading teachers of transcendental meditation, she ate clean, she drank Indian mud, her house was as green as green could be, she went only to naturalpaths and holistic healers.

Her naturapath discovered she had high blood pressure, recommended a bunch of gravel and weeds and a new exercise program to control it which she adheared to like it was law. 6 months later she had a stroke and is now peranenetly disabled.

Over the course of 50 years she developed severe allergies as well, and now that shes finally seeing real doctors, they've discovered that she has some other problems that could have been managed decades ago. Ironically, her life span has been cut short by her belief that she could boost her own immune system.

Edited by MissMelsWell