Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Need help finding old kid's books

IronCrypt

Hello, I am trying to track down some books that I remember reading as a child concerning cryptozoology and other paranormal and mysterious events. These would have been from either the 80's or 90's. I've managed to find most of Daniel Cohen's and Michael Berenstain's books. However, there are a series of books that I cannot for the life of me remember the titles or author(s). The best way I know to describe them are by the covers: One of the books had a close up drawing of a Yeti I believe running down a mountain. Another had some type of sea serpent attacking a boat. The third had a drawing of the Easter Island statues. All of these books were related, however, I obviously do not remember the titles or series name. They had various entries in each book concerning Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Mokele-mbembe, giant anacondas, The Flying Dutchman, Hook Island Monster, etc. If anyone can be of any assistance I would greatly appreciate it!

Hello and thank you for your help. Unfortunately I did not see the books. I think I have tried every possible word or combination of words with google images hoping something would turn up as I've found other books that way as well. The images of "Exploration Fawcett" http://cryptidz.wikia.com/wiki/File:Fawcettoldschool.jpg and "Unexplained Mysteries of the World" http://www.uri-geller.com/pics/uem.jpg seem to resemble the type of artwork that these books featured. However I can't be completely sure since it has been so long. Thanks again for your help.

Just a couple of questions that will help:

1. What country were you living in at the time

2. Were they hardcover, paperback, or magazine type periodicals?

Cryptomundo sell old Cryptozoology books - if you browse the list on the left side of the landing page it might help to jog your memory as to the actually titles you are looking for: http://cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/arcturus-cz-bks/

Edited by keithisco

Just a couple of questions that will help:

1. What country were you living in at the time

2. Were they hardcover, paperback, or magazine type periodicals?

Cryptomundo sell old Cryptozoology books - if you browse the list on the left side of the landing page it might help to jog your memory as to the actually titles you are looking for: http://cryptomundo.c...rcturus-cz-bks/

Thank you. I will definitely take a look at those titles and see if anything comes to mind.

1.) USA

2.) Hardcover

It's probably a long shot but I thought about maybe trying to contact the library where I once checked these books out and see if perhaps they still have some sort of record on me from when I had a library card. But it's doubtful as I was a kid in the 90's the last time I used that library.

Thanks again!

Time Life Education; "Mysteries of the Unknown" (Complete 33-Volume Set) was a set of hardcover books produced at the rate of 1 per month that covered the late 1980's to the early 1990's - I don't think this quite fits your description, and I am having trouble finding images for the dust sheets...

E-Bay have a few dust cover images of various Mysterious books: http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=Mysterious+Creatures&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&satitle=Mysterious+Creatures&rmvSB=true

Edited by keithisco

• 5 months later...

I know this is an older thread, but I've included some photos from my personal library of books that may fit this description. Each is by a different author, but they are obviously all from the same 'series.' They are from the late 1970s and published by Raintree Children's Books.

post-156574-0-26654000-1438130756_thumb.

post-156574-0-77864500-1438130764_thumb.

• 8 months later...

I know this is an older thread, but I've included some photos from my personal library of books that may fit this description. Each is by a different author, but they are obviously all from the same 'series.' They are from the late 1970s and published by Raintree Children's Books.

Nice collection. From the description of the Sea Serpent attacking a ship it kinda sounds like The Great Sea Serpent, by A.C. Oudemans, though it is possible that it's just a different book with the same image used for cover.

• 3 weeks later...

Any luck yet?

The OP hasn't been back since Feb 07 2015. I think we can say we're done with this thread.

*Closed*

• Like 1