Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ascension through music?

Luxord

post-104277-0-42362900-1424744550_thumb.Recently in my life I have experienced euphoria and extreme levels of excitement, happiness, bliss, joy, and degrees of love and compassion to the point that I cry sometimes through the act of listening to music. Every time I feel these emotions it is like I rise in vibration so much that I have much greater clarity about myself and everything external. Not only that, but through listening to music I had my first psychotic episode (I recently talked about my second one in my other forum post "Help! my reality is physically unstable." this post refers to my first one. just to clear any confusion). I went from being severely depressed to intensely and shockingly happy so much that I literally broke my perception of reality. it was mind shattering. The reason for this I believe, is that a popular channeler named Bashar frequently tells people that reality is an illusion. that you are the creator of it in almost all, if not all, aspects. that you are (This is the important part) shifting through billions of parallel realities in order to create your experience of movement and reality. Because of this, you are actually able to perceive these shifts if you make a big enough difference in which ones you are shifting through. This is what happened to me. I was able to see that difference. I experienced and perceived a huge shift in the energy in my reality and my senses were heightened to the point that every minute difference in frequency around me I could see clear as day. When people talked, it was like a movie. Their words had so much energetic information in it that you could hear and see in this state. the idea that the universe is alive also played a part in this. I was exposed to events of synchronicity that contained messages for me. this happened along with these heightened senses. the whole experience was so overwhelming I broke down crying in class at school; twice. I will admit this WAS a psychotic episode with everything in consideration, such as me being depressed for 3 years and being in extreme emotional pain, coupled with severe headaches everyday. The main point I want to convey to you is that maybe it is very possible to ascend through music.

What do you think? I will answer any questions to the best of my current ability. Here is a (hope this is okay to do, but it seems relevant) link to a video of Bashar speaking in a seminar

just so you can get an idea of what he is like for when I mentioned him in the story. Edited by tomatoedrama
  • Like 2

Hi ere. I'm new here as well and your story was fascinating. I would not say to those extremes but all my life I have been rather easily emotionally affected by music. It is one of the reasons I love music so much. It's as if you can feel the emotion of a piece and react on some empathic level. Even if I am not sad, there are songs that will make me cry and experience that emotion in that brief time, and the same goes for joy etc... I use music when I write to help me conjure up and strengthen the emotion that I want to write under to help the creativity flow better.

Recently I have been going to a Tibetan singing bowls meditation which is something a good friend put me onto, and I notice that some of the tones generated create a physical sensation within my body, as if the frequency is hitting some sort of internal resonance. And the locations within my body change with different pitches. This has given me a new appreciation for sound in general and I am fascinated to learn more. I do believe sound, as frequency and energy, can affect things and people.

I am also partially of the belief that reality, or parts of it may be not as real as we think it to be, and that you can quite possibly affect some things in your life with the knowledge of that, SO all in all I can possibly understand gaining a heightened sense of awareness, or of the bigger picture through sound. My opinions and beliefs on the state of reality are always in flux as I continue to learn and grow as a person. :)

However from experience with people I know, there may be something of a bi-polar nature to the emotions you are feeling, especially the way you say they have railed to extremes. I'm not trying to say the entire experience is explained by this. It may be a combination of things, or the spiritual journey may be setting something off. But maybe also seek a thorough evaluation to take care of any physical or chemical imbalance causes that might be exacerbating the situation.

Hope you don't mind me putting my two cents in. :)

• Like 1

I cried a couple of times when listening to Anthony Romero the pianist.

Music is one of the most important parts of my life. I listen to everything, seriously. I've heard songs that have made me feel every emotion. Anger, hatred, apathy, melancholia, despair, etc.

Most of the major changes in my life and outlook on life in general is based upon something I have heard over the years. When I was younger I was raised on old country by my father, which I still love (hence Townes Van Zandt being my profile pic) and my mother raising me on classic rock.

In middle school I started experimenting with more heavier bands and then high school came and I found myself obsessed with at first hardcore, then deathcore, then death metal and black metal.

After high school I leveled out and became appreciative of all the music I had heard over the years. And if I am in a certain mood, I guarantee I have an artist/band I can listen to to fulfill that mood.

Music is a beautiful thing and I consider it an art, just as I do literature and film.

• Like 2

I agree that music is an art. I feel that it is an art that is special. Not only because of the emotinal aspects of it, but because it literally has a physical affect on you. You could say that music can physically and vibrationally contain the essence of certain ideas and emotions, or maybe even other things we don't have labels for. Atleast, that is what I believe is likely to be true. I love music and I appreciate its power and beauty. Anything that can help you feel so happy that you cry is valuable and special to me.

post-104277-0-96854200-1424797324_thumb.

Edited by tomatoedrama

'Ascension' depends on how the music is written and played

like here @ 2:30 onwards

Of course to 'get up there' one has to start from 'below' ... then its a case of slipping in other 'rising' themes and maintaining a 'plateau' .

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

Yes, I have quite a collection of Music and Music videos now that I use to stir the sea so to speak. But for me Music isn't so much about raising my vibrations, and it more a tool for scene setting, if that makes any sense to anyone.. Sure, a lot of the time it's about raising your vibe, but sometimes it's about placing you on the liminal (threshold) of the next level, or opening your senses to more..

Here's my latest find..

edit to add.. when music (art) and visual (art) come together like this your same something very unique.

Edited by Professor T

Hey there tomatoedrama!! Greetings and Salutations!!! :st

I hope if you have somebody to talk to. It could be just me, but I hope you see somebody about certain things, so you can find out if there is indication of anything more serious. Your story tears me up and ........ here.........(virtual hugs) (((HUGS)))

Now, I am so with you on the music and feeling it. Trust me, I so understand. I had a college professor, a professor in a music course no doubt, talk about not wanting music in his constant world and not part of his 'soundtrack'. Ok, what ever floats his boat, but I like that. I sometimes imagine various musical pieces floating around in my head as I go through my day.

I definitely feel my music. There is a tenor who every time hits some particular notes pushes my eyes into my head. The Robert Miles piece 'Children' gives me the chills. And I think music is a great part of our comfort and healing in our lives. Like I said, I'm so with you.

I don't know if I believe in "Ascension" as such... But I agree that music can definetly alter your mood and your outlook on things...

I love to sit in a darkened room, headphones on and listen to The Moody Blues "Core Seven" albums... Not thinking of anything, just letting the music and words paint pictures in my mind...

• Like 2

Yes, I have quite a collection of Music and Music videos now that I use to stir the sea so to speak. But for me Music isn't so much about raising my vibrations, and it more a tool for scene setting, if that makes any sense to anyone.. Sure, a lot of the time it's about raising your vibe, but sometimes it's about placing you on the liminal (threshold) of the next level, or opening your senses to more..

Here's my latest find..

edit to add.. when music (art) and visual (art) come together like this your same something very unique.

Thanks. That was great visually and relaxing. I like how they move rhythmically with force to the music. By the way, how do you embed youtube videos on a post? Edited by tomatoedrama
  • Like 1

I don't know how to embed but here is one of my favorite songs anyways.

Speaking of the music and visuals coming together and ascension, try this from 8:00 (hold on to your hat ! )

• Like 1

Thanks. That was great visually and relaxing. I like how they move rhythmically with force to the music. By the way, how do you embed youtube videos on a post?

use the share link in youtube, not the URL address in your browser to embed videos.. (the highlighted bit)

2wflm4o.jpg

I don't know if I believe in "Ascension" as such... But I agree that music can definetly alter your mood and your outlook on things...

I love to sit in a darkened room, headphones on and listen to The Moody Blues "Core Seven" albums... Not thinking of anything, just letting the music and words paint pictures in my mind...

Depends of your definition of ascension..

Ascension of mood, vibrations, spirit to a higher level.. yeah, that works with music..

Ascension of self into the clouds and beyond, Jesus style... Nah, I doubt even a collaboration of pink floyd and the Moody Blues could manage that..

• Like 1

Ascension doesnt exist it is just another newage invention.

Music can lift you up or bring you down it depends on how much you involve yourself emotionally.

• Like 1

use the share link in youtube, not the URL address in your browser to embed videos.. (the highlighted bit)

2wflm4o.jpg

Thank you.