Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feds fight 'maternity tourism'

bubblykiss

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/03/us/maternity-tourism-raids-california/index.html

Los Angeles (CNN)Federal agents on Tuesday raided more than three dozen "maternity hotels" in Southern California where foreign women give birth, allegedly for the sole purpose of having a U.S.-citizen baby, authorities said.

As the 'merican 'mpire fades we now face a back lash against those who will soon replace us.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gromdor

• Indiogene

• Rafterman

• bubblykiss

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This will generate alot of controversy on illegal immigration and the 14th amendment which grants any baby born on US soil their right of citizenship. Also we have a racist fringe react to these news stories of "maternity hotels" for Asian (esp. Chinese) tourist or immigrant women in CA, a state known for a large Asian-American population in addition to a growing Latino population now surpassed non-Hispanic whites as the largest ethnic group. The "maternity hotel" is located in largely Chinese-populated Hacienda Heights, a suburb of Los Angeles...nearby towns in San Gabriel and Covina Valleys became Asian majority over 3 decades from massive immigration.

Why is it "scary" or "frightening" to read or hear about non-Caucasian immigrant women come to America to have a baby??? It's paranoid and racist to think this way: "Anchor babies" from Asians, Latinos or Muslim immigrants for the purpose of claiming US citizenship for the baby or resident alien status for the parents. You have white nationalist/supremacist groups shout "Black population growing faster than Whites" and "Native Americans now in the millions". :-/ The USA is a land of opportunity and a free country for all, but I don't support anyone abusing these rights...like a foreign-born woman comes here just to have a baby to be eligible for citizenship.

Edited by Mike D boy

I read a similar article earlier. The negative that I saw was that potentially China could send communist party members over, have US children and then groom them to run for various public offices when they get older that serve the interest of mainland China. I admit that this is in the realm of conspiracy theory but the thought of stuff like this occurred to me when Joc mentioned Ted Cruz running with his Canadian/American dual citizenship.

I read a similar article earlier. The negative that I saw was that potentially China could send communist party members over, have US children and then groom them to run for various public offices when they get older that serve the interest of mainland China. I admit that this is in the realm of conspiracy theory but the thought of stuff like this occurred to me when Joc mentioned Ted Cruz running with his Canadian/American dual citizenship.

That's quite the long con wouldn't you agree?

I know, I know. Too much of me watching "Salt", "The Americans", etc...

Edited by Gromdor

That's quite the long con wouldn't you agree?

The Chinese are famed for taking the long view of history, while western governments tend to look more short term.

This is not to say that I agree with the premise, just noting that it would not be out of character for the Chinese.