Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you ever met an angel?

1donjuandemarco

I met an angel,... No specific dates but I'll put the experience in context,....I'm married but my wife and I live in separate states. She lived with her daughter and her husband in Florida and babysat her grandchildren and my step grandchildren. Her daughter is my stepdaughter and my step grandchildren. I live in Tennessee and traveled back and forth several times a year. This incident occurred in the last half of the year well before any chilly weather. I was within a few days of heading back down to Florida but I wanted to attend a baseball game that my grandson was to play. I live in Tullahoma,tn. And had to travel to Murfreesboro, tn. To attend this game. My trip to Murfreesboro requires that I travel to Manchester,tn. And then follow interstate 24 west about 27-32 miles to get to Murfreesboro. Right before getting on the on ramp to the interstate I saw a U.S. Army soldier with a traveling bag about to step on the on ramp to the west ramp. I was a proud USArmy military policeman from 1976-1979 and I knew exactly what a U.S. army soldier looks like so I decided to give him a ride and find out what I could about this gentleman. He and I chatted on the ride to Murfreesboro and he told me that he had just ets'ed and that he'd been in Afghanistan and that his gf had left him while he was away serving our country and that she had sold his harly Davidson and that he did not even know where to find her. He said that he was trying to get to a friends home on the other side of Memphis,tn. To try and get his life back on track. He also said that he had cleaned a Waffle House restroom and parking lot 3 days prior to get something to eat and he was just trying to make it where he was going. I had no doubts in my mind that he was gonna make where he was going. He had told me that his name was Jeffrey Loving. At this point we were coming up on the first of four exits in Murfreesboro and he told me that I could just take the first exit and let him out. Obviously he had never been through Murfreesboro,tn. as this was an industrial exit. There were no retail establish menus anywhere near here. I told him that I knew for a fact that this was not a good place to get out. I told him that I would not feel good about letting him out here and that I knew a much better place for him to be. We travel farther down the interstate a few miles to hwy 96. I said that this would be a much better place for me to let him ou as there were plenty of retail establishments from shopping ctrs to restaurants and motels. When I got off the interstate I went to the first light and made a turn where there were several restaurants and motels real close by. I pulled in an empty packing lot adjact to a Cracker Barrel restuarant and told him I wanted him to listen to what I wanted to tell him,.....I told him that I along with many other people appreciated what he had done not only for me but everyone in this country. His contribution and sacrifice is and will be something that he can now and forever more be proud. I wrote down my name and telephone number and gave it to him and asked him to call me whenever he got back on his feet. Before I let him out I told him that what I was gonna do next would not be up for discussion and that he should make the most of it and try to measure the benefit against the cost and pulled my wallet out and gave him a hundred dollar bill and I said try and make to where you are going with some of this left over. I told him that he should get a good meal and find a nice place to spend the night, get a shower, get some sleep and that he should be well rested before heading back out. He said THX, got out and head toward a motel and I left with a good feeling about the in counter and went to my grandson's baseball game,....after the game I went back to Tullahoma and did not get on the road to Florida for a couple more days,....when I travel from Tennessee to florida(and like I said I make the trip several times a year)I travel the same route there and the same route back,....every time,....the trip each way is about 530 miles. If I start out with a full tank of gas I can make the trip with the gas in the tank. On this trip I'd made the trip to Murfreesboro right after I'd filled the tank with gas which meant that I'd have to put some gas in the car before I made to my destination. Valdosta, Georgia is about 480 miles from Tullahoma and Manchester,Tennessee. Like I have said previously that every trip to and from Florida I go the exact way. Except this trip,....I had to get gas. I usually get off at like exit 13 I think take a right and follow the signs to my destination. This time it was early in the AM, dark,... Looking for a gas station I missed my usual jump off exit and went to the next one which happened to be well passed Valdosta and when I got off it was dark. I knew I'd have to back track so I took a left to go over the interstate and when I could take another left to finish up my backtracking which ended up being about 10-12 miles,....almost out of gas I was finally seeing street lights and sidewalks,....being almost out of gas I had to find an open gas station and soon. So I saw a convenience store on my right(closed of course) but I pulled over about 20-25 feet from the sidewalk parallel to the street so that I could access information on my phone as to the nearest OPEN gas station. I was there a few minutes searching the Internet for gas stations nearest me, when out of the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of what appeared to be a street lady with shopping cart and all,....here it is around 3 to 4 or so in the AM, dark, no one on the streets, quiet, no traffic and I see this street lady,...well she meanderd toward the car, it was warm and I had both front car windows down and she said howdy,....I said well hello there, how are you this morning?,....trying to cover my nervousness as best I can,...by that time the street lady was about 7 feet from my window and she looked just like what ones imagination would tell you that this is a street lady with shopping cart and all,... She spoke and said ya know if I had 23 dollars I could get me a room for the night,....I thought for a few seconds and said back to her that I did not have too far to go and that I could let her have 17 dollars. I pulled the 17 dollars from my wallet and gave it to her. She was saying thank you so much,....after a few seconds my thoughts ran back to the prior incident a few days before and I said Ya know this is the second time in less than week I've help somebody out and Ya know it makes Ya feel really good,....then the strangest of things happened,....the street lady took a couple steps toward my window,....leaned toward me,....looked me in the eyes( this street lady was about in my window) and said,.....IT WAS-JEFFERY LOVING WASN'T IT,.....? My jaw about bounced off the floorboard of my car,....she turned and said thanks again and good night and pushed her cart back toward the sidewalk,....I sat there somewhat dumbfounded for what seemed like forever but I finally pulled myself together put my car back in drive and proceeded to find that open gas station,....I think that there is hardly a day goes by that I do not think about that encounter,.....out of all the times that I have made that trip,....the ONE time I do not go the same way I ALWAYS go,....travel 480 miles or so,....take a random wrong turn( more than one) happen to stop at a random convenience store and just happen to run into a street lady that randomly comes up with the exact name of a person that I came in contact with a few days prior,.....think about this,....I have a better chance of winning a lottery that I haven't even played( even one that I did play at maybe 875,000,000,000-1,000,000,000,000,...that's 875 billion-1trillion to 1 than I do of meeting just a person that I come into contact with that knows the name of someone that I came into contact with a few days prior,.....The Only Explanation That I Can Come Up With Is That I Met An Angel,.....what do you think,....?

• Like 3

paragraphs for the win... might try to sift through it later

• Like 6

Welcome to the forums. It can be nice to enter some line spaces to break up all the text!

• Like 3

Yes. I think so. I also don't believe in coincidences :)

You are very lucky to be rewarded for your good deeds and love for your fellow man/woman.

It comes back three-fold.

♥ ♥ ♥

• Like 3

Does my wife count?

I'm going to score some brownie points when I point this out to her later. :wub::D

• Like 3

I have met at least one. But sorry, I didnt read your post ... I stopped reading long blocks of posts with no paragraphs a while back.

• Like 1

Great story no good deed goes unnoticed. True good deeds are done like a heart beats. It just does...

• Like 1

The Only Explanation That I Can Come Up With Is That I Met An Angel,.....what do you think,....?

I'm sure you've already gotten the "entertaining angels unawares," bit before. That story actually lines up with a lot of angelic lore.

When angels transubstantiate--take on a material form--they tend to go one of two ways. If they're on orders, they usually appear as someone of middling authority; important enough to listen to, but not so much that people ask too many questions.

You see it in Genesis when Abraham entertained his noble "guests," before Gabriel and Uriel broke off to play with matches in Sodom. Theres also an account from the European Theatre in WWII where a group of soldiers settled in for the night in a bombed-out building, figuring that it'd be a low value target for any further attack. As they were dozing off, an officer with a medic's armband ordered them to immediately take up stations a few blocks away. The city took a short bombardment during the night and the skirmish kept them up the rest of the night. When the soldiers went back in the morning to gather up the rest of their kits, they found the building had collapsed after it was hit by a stray shell. Later when they tried to find the lucky officer who ordered them out to buy him a drink, they found out that the officer's unit was supposedly stationed in the Pacific.

Then there are stories like yours. Angels aren't perfect, they are capable of "sin," for lack of a better word, and they atone for it the same as we do. But where humans traditionally pray or fast or perform an act of penance, that doesn't much work for angels. We go on faith that our actions show contrition towards God, while angels know for a fact whether or not God approves of an act of penance, no faith involved. So for angels to perform penance or to better understand the mystery of faith, they humble themselves by taking on a mortal appearance and usually live at a bottom rung of society for a time, as in your story. Another example is in an accompanying story in Judaic mythology that follows the Sodom and Gomorrah bit, that tells of Gabriel having to live as a mortal for a year since he led Lot's family to safety when everyone in the city was slated for destruction.

• Like 1

Interesting.

Through lots of research and channeling I have come to the understanding that spirits and metaphysical entities live inside of us just as much as they can be found in every inch and crevice of the so called Universe. Angels from MY understanding are subordinate spirits that are beyond the physical and we encounter them in vast ways the same as we DREAM.

With that said, I have come across dozens of angels.

Edited by Khamical X

I'm new to this so I am not familiar with the etiquette involved here. So first I apologize for that. That being said I want to thank all that read and commented on my post.

• Like 1

I enjoyed reading your story and just maybe you should have asked that street lady if she sell Harley Davidson some time ago :) that is only thing which come to my mind.

• Like 1

A very interesting tidbit to read here. I could read your thoughts here, and think maybe you met a ghost, who knows. Or, there might be some other explanation. I will not say, I don't believe you, because a part of me does in some way. I hope you know what I mean. I think there is so much left up to interpretation.

I think you are a wonderful person for doing so much for the two people you talked about. (You could be their angel) :);)

I worry though, because you opened yourself up when you picked up a hitch hiker as to the hitch hiker could have risked himself doing it. Mostly so, when you told him his exist wasn't where you were going to drop him off. (I will take note to your appreciation to his service, as a wife of a military retiree, thank you. I also wonder if you would appreciate the Lee Child's Jack Reacher books, considering your background :) )

:tu:

Does my wife count?

I'm going to score some brownie points when I point this out to her later. :wub::D

Funny, I was going to say I married him! :D
  • Like 1

I'm new to this so I am not familiar with the etiquette involved here. So first I apologize for that. That being said I want to thank all that read and commented on my post.

You are perfectly fine. Some people just like a lot of spacing in paragraph's when they are very long. It makes it easier to read on their end. No worries.

You are very welcome. I truly hope you find the answers you are looking for :yes:

On the topic of angels, there are nine types. Here is a link for you to look at: http://people.howstu...gels.htm#page=0 Each of these nine groups are tasked with a different job, so to speak.

When it comes to lightworkers, this might help you: http://healing.about...ightworkers.htm Lightworkers are humans who choose to spread love and assist others to grow in positive ways.

How would I know?

PS: LOL DMM, I mean Charlie...I mean DMM...

Edited by She-ra
  • Like 1