Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tiny but spooky things going in my home

LostSouls7

Well lately things have been happening that are a bit spooky and unexplained.

First this summer we hear the voice of a person talking or yelling inside the house. There was no one there

just the voice along as if it was carried or floated into the room.

We looked at each other and I told everyone it must have been someone outside.

But they insisted it was inside.

Also at a quiet place we hike many people there were scared one afternoon as we heard the voice of a woman screaming but once again no one was there. And yes we all heard it because everyone was looking at each other trying to figure out where the voice was coming from.

Lately at around 2 am it sounds like the toilet is flushing on it's own.

What could be happening ? Is this a manifestation or writing to many scary things in my stories?

or it is something more sinister ?

• Like 3

As i'm sure you know, sound can carry in from outside and seem much closer than it really is.

A toilet flushing on it's own could be nothing more than worn out parts in need of replacing.

Have you attempted any recording/EVP in the house?

Give it a shot, maybe you'll pick something up.

• Like 2

As i'm sure you know, sound can carry in from outside and seem much closer than it really is.

A toilet flushing on it's own could be nothing more than worn out parts in need of replacing.

Have you attempted any recording/EVP in the house?

Give it a shot, maybe you'll pick something up.

I would agree with you on the voices but the worn out parts on a toilet? I've replaced many a toilet and toilet parts and they may keep running when worn out but I've never seen or heard them flush on their own.

• Like 1

I would agree with you on the voices but the worn out parts on a toilet? I've replaced many a toilet and toilet parts and they may keep running when worn out but I've never seen or heard them flush on their own.

when it flushes on its own, does it make a FWOOMPH! sound? is the water level lower afterwards?

The wind may be playing tricks on you. And maybe the cat accidentally flushed the toilet.

If I would put a title on this story it would be "The Mystery Of The Screaming People And The Haunted Toilet" :)

• Like 2

Back when i was a kid (queue soft music) our toilet tank would lose water slowly because the rubber trap was worn.

When the water level got low enough, it would begin to refill.

i suppose in hindsight that isn't a full on flush but it makes a similar sound.

Now, if we're talking the handle depressing and the tank fully emptying without human intervention...

That type of scenario is best left to an ordained plumber. :lol:

• Like 3

The wind may be playing tricks on you. And maybe the cat accidentally flushed the toilet.

If I would put a title on this story it would be "The Mystery Of The Screaming People And The Haunted Toilet" :)

Sounds like a perfect title for a Scooby Doo mystery.

• Like 2

Sounds like a perfect title for a Scooby Doo mystery.

Yeah and the toilet would be the master mind

• Like 1

Ive lived in a seemingly haunted house where the kitchen sink turned itself on full blast. Right in front of me the knob just turned on with nobody touching it. Hard to reason things like that though of course i dont know any more now than before how its possible. The light switched itself off and on and there were children's voices and tapping on the bathroom door so all those things could be related but you know theres a chance theyre not.

• Like 2

Ive lived in a seemingly haunted house where the kitchen sink turned itself on full blast. Right in front of me the knob just turned on with nobody touching it. Hard to reason things like that though of course i dont know any more now than before how its possible. The light switched itself off and on and there were children's voices and tapping on the bathroom door so all those things could be related but you know theres a chance theyre not.

Maybe homeless kids break in your house.

• Like 1

i gather by your post that you no longer live in the above house.

If you do, then what are you waiting for? Record, record, record.

Someone playing with you i guess, nowdays it is very cheap to do something like that.

Maybe homeless kids break in your house.

no... those kids are so quiet you'll never hear them. or see them. it's not about what you see after their visit, it's about what you don't see. like some of your property. possibly valuable. but not the ones that are in plain sight, things that you'll only find missing days, maybe weeks later. things you might even think you misplaced yourself...

Well lately things have been happening that are a bit spooky and unexplained.

First this summer we hear the voice of a person talking or yelling inside the house. There was no one there

just the voice along as if it was carried or floated into the room.

We looked at each other and I told everyone it must have been someone outside.

But they insisted it was inside.

Also at a quiet place we hike many people there were scared one afternoon as we heard the voice of a woman screaming but once again no one was there. And yes we all heard it because everyone was looking at each other trying to figure out where the voice was coming from.

Lately at around 2 am it sounds like the toilet is flushing on it's own.

What could be happening ? Is this a manifestation or writing to many scary things in my stories?

or it is something more sinister ?

Can I ask who 'we' is?

• Like 1

no... those kids are so quiet you'll never hear them. or see them. it's not about what you see after their visit, it's about what you don't see. like some of your property. possibly valuable. but not the ones that are in plain sight, things that you'll only find missing days, maybe weeks later. things you might even think you misplaced yourself...

Its either you are followed by mischievous spirits or those are some clever homeless kids.

Its either you are followed by mischievous spirits or those are some clever homeless kids.

not homeless. HOMELESS kids have better things to.do, like I hinted. (bored) kids that HAVE A HOME (nearby) are a possibility tho!

• Like 1

not homeless. HOMELESS kids have better things to.do, like I hinted. (bored) kids that HAVE A HOME (nearby) are a possibility tho!

If you hear the voices again, try to follow it. Maybe you'll get answers you wouldn't expect. Personally I would follow the voices. It would be nice to catch something paranormal in nature and auction it to the scientists for quick cash.

If you hear the voices again, try to follow it. Maybe you'll get answers you wouldn't expect. Personally I would follow the voices. It would be nice to catch something paranormal in nature and auction it to the scientists for quick cash.

no auction needed. anyone.who can definitely prove the existence of anything paranormal gets the $1 million standing prize from the skeptics association. it has to be scientifically verifiable though.

• Like 1

no auction needed. anyone.who can definitely prove the existence of anything paranormal gets the $1 million standing prize from the skeptics association. it has to be scientifically verifiable though.

That's a lot of money... You're not hearing those screaming voices lately have you?

Can we still call something paranormal if that something is verified by science?

yes unless the point of paranormal is to be a substitute for religion. which... it is for most people so I guess not!

the interesting thing is many religions actually actively welcome and promote the idea of physically and scientifically proving their claims to be true....

• Like 1

yes unless the point of paranormal is to be a substitute for religion. which... it is for most people so I guess not!

the interesting thing is many religions actually actively welcome and promote the idea of physically and scientifically proving their claims to be true....

There should be scientific laws for paranormal things.

If religion continues to do that, religion may be facing extinction right there.

I'm still concerned about the dude who posted this topic. Hope hes still comfortable using his toilet.

s.

If religion continues to do that, religion may be facing extinction right there.

let's hope so

• Like 1