Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The trillionaires are coming

F3SS

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/forget-billionaires-when-will-the-world-have-a-trillionaire-sooner-than-you-may-think/

Will We Ever See A Trillionaire?

YES! And probably a lot sooner than you'd think.

A "Global Wealth Report" that was produced by global Investment Bank Credit Suisse, actually predicts that the world will see 11 trillionaires in the next two generations! The report predicts:

"Future extrapolation of current wealth growth rates yields almost a billion millionaires, equivalent to 20 per cent of the total adult population. If this scenario unfolds, then billionaires will be commonplace, and there is likely to be a few trillionaires too - eleven according to our best estimate."

Think about that. A world where 20% of the population are millionaires and that being a billionaire is as common as being a real estate agent. Actually, this breakdown might already exist in certain parts of Monaco and Dubai.

Trillionaires are an absurd concept. What are some thoughts on the inevitable?

Edited by F3SS

From the op link. Puts it in perspective.

The richest person in the world right now (not counting Vladimir Putin, who might allegedly be worth $200 billion), is Bill Gates. If you take our word for it, Bill is worth $86 billion. Bloomberg's billionaire ranking pegs Bill at $85 billion. According to Forbes, Mr. Gates is worth $79.2 billion. Even if you take the average of the three numbers, $83 billion, that's still just 8.3% of $1 trillion. Gates, the richest person on the planet for the better part of the last 25 years, is $917 billion shy of trillionaire status.

Well according to the 4% retirement rule, if you make $40,000/year then you must save a million dollars (thus making you a millionaire) for your retirement. This pretty much places all of the middle class into the millionaire range if they save properly. As time goes on and inflation devalues our money, I can see this trend increasing.

• Like 2

Wonder if any of them might actually grow some morality and acknowledge that technology and globalisation (and of course tax minimisation) have stolen shifted wealth away from all those who once had the jobs that no longer exist (or were 'globalised' to the lowest paying country..).

If they did, perhaps it would be the beginning of the revolution where we change the structure of society (and make these ba$tards pay all the taxes they owe) and actually deal with the huge and ever-growing gulf between the rich and everyone else...

Globalisation meant a "fair playing field"? My ar$e.

</rant>

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4

perhaps it would be the beginning of the revolution where we change the structure of society (and make these ba$tards pay all the taxes they owe)

The truth is that we won't be making trillionaires do anything they don't want to do. What would they care?

• Like 1

I don't think there are going to be any trillionaires. I mean really look at Gates...80 billion...wow...that's a lot..but a Trillion is one thousand billion. It isn't going to happen..ever.

I like to think of a Trillion dollars though. Think of it with me for a moment won't you?

Let's walk out onto a football field...let's walk from one side of the football field to the other...and lay piles of money 5 yards apart so that we have 10 piles on the 1 yard line. Each pile is one billion dollars. Let's do the same thing on the 2 yard line, the 3 yard line...all the way down the field. Got the picture? Ten piles on every yard line of the football field all the way down, every pile having a billion dollars in it. That is one Trillion dollars.

Gates is on the 8 yard line...only 92 yards to go Bill!!! Run!! And what did Bill Gates do to be worth 80 billion? Sold computers to practically every person on the planet. What must one do then to make that trillion dollar touch down? I don't know. I don't think any individual can.

• Like 2

I don't think there are going to be any trillionaires. I mean really look at Gates...80 billion...wow...that's a lot..but a Trillion is one thousand billion. It isn't going to happen..ever.

I like to think of a Trillion dollars though. Think of it with me for a moment won't you?

Let's walk out onto a football field...let's walk from one side of the football field to the other...and lay piles of money 5 yards apart so that we have 10 piles on the 1 yard line. Each pile is one billion dollars. Let's do the same thing on the 2 yard line, the 3 yard line...all the way down the field. Got the picture? Ten piles on every yard line of the football field all the way down, every pile having a billion dollars in it. That is one Trillion dollars.

Gates is on the 8 yard line...only 92 yards to go Bill!!! Run!! And what did Bill Gates do to be worth 80 billion? Sold computers to practically every person on the planet. What must one do then to make that trillion dollar touch down? I don't know. I don't think any individual can.

Even in two generations it seems far fetched I agree. At least not 11 of them but who knows. Another similar source I read put the two generations at about 60 years and put their bet on some major breakthrough in private space exploration like asteroid mining. I think the idea is right but I'm not sure about the time frame. Who knows though with the rate of technology advancement. Lots more will happen in the next sixty years than the last.

Even in two generations it seems far fetched I agree. At least not 11 of them but who knows. Another similar source I read put the two generations at about 60 years and put their bet on some major breakthrough in private space exploration like asteroid mining. I think the idea is right but I'm not sure about the time frame. Who knows though with the rate of technology advancement. Lots more will happen in the next sixty years than the last.

They might even run into Trust issues with the Government...you know...Monopoly...being broken up..having to sell off assets, etc.

I'd settle on being a Thousandaire at this juncture! lol

• Like 2

With the rate of inflation that wouldn't even suprise me. A nickel use to be able to buy a candy bar now it's a dollar and some

It use to be a huge deal to be a millionaire now to be one of the super wealthy it's all about how much billions you have. So next step would be trillions I suppose

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

A millionaire used to mean someone who had a million dollars in savings. A very wealthy person. Today it's someone who might have enough for retirement.

If the doubling time for 7% compounding interest is 10 years, $60 billion today would be just shy of a trillion dollars in 40 years. $40 billion today would be comfortably over $1 trillion in 50 years. The uber-rich generally do better than the small-folk on their investments, so this is a reasonable assumption I think.

I think a big chunk of the wealth in today's market is going to vaporize creating what I'll coin Billionthaires because they'll only have billionths remaining of what they once did.

Man, Bill Gates could give every person in the USA $158 and still have over 30 billion.

Good for Bill, he's earned it. I have to wonder what goes through his head. Is it a race to be/stay on top? Is it a selfish thing - It's mine, mine all mine?

He has donated somewhere around 28 billion already, which is pretty cool.

• Like 1

Maybe there are trillionaires already, i would not be surprised.

Man, Bill Gates could give every person in the USA $158 and still have over 30 billion.

Good for Bill, he's earned it. I have to wonder what goes through his head. Is it a race to be/stay on top? Is it a selfish thing - It's mine, mine all mine?

You have to remember that when you get to that level of wealth, it's somewhat self-perpetuating. He could basically do nothing for the rest of his life and still make more money on a daily basis than 95% of the world's residents will make in a lifetime.

But, hey, that's what happens when you develop a product that revolutionizes mankind. And you are correct, he is giving away billions to some of the neediest folks on the planet and is grappling with trying to solve huge problems that plague humanity.

So as far as I'm concerned, keep up the good work Bill.

• Like 2

Maybe there are trillionaires already, i would not be surprised.

Some speculate that the Rothchilds are though there is no proof.

Windows is still st¥te though!

Windows is still st¥te though!

Windows is the greatest thing that ever happened with computers.

• Like 1