Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Supersonic UFO' filmed over Silicon Valley

UM-Bot

A very brief video clip has appeared online showing an object zooming at high speed over California.

The controversial four-second recording, which was allegedly filmed from a drone hovering over Silicon Valley on March 6th, has polarized opinions since being uploaded online.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/279004/supersonic-ufo-filmed-over-silicon-valley

So I'm guessing there is evidence of a sonic boom to support the claim?

Drone, says it in the main article

It says "filmed from a drone".

• Like 2

Why supsersonic? I see no shockwave or other indicators of a mach1+ vehicle. Also, if it was traveling at supersonic speeds, at that altitude, you'd be hearing about it on the news, believe me. A sonic boom is a very powerful shockwave and windows all down that things flight path would've been broken and people would've been terrified. So let's eliminate supersonic vehicle.

If you go to the original video located here

you'll get a better idea of what we are dealing with. I see a very high definition (4k) camera trying to record an insect, or fast bird, flying by with the illusion of high speed being the 4K camera trying to deal with a tiny, fast moving object like an insect. I doubt a standard or even 1080 high definition camera would've registered it. Edited by Merc14
  • Like 9

Looks like a close up of a bug to me.

• Like 3

That was Obama`s Air-Force One in Hyper-Drive getting back to the White House after a Night on the Town and rubbing elbows with the greys at Area 64. The New Hip place to Be and Be seen !

I'm with Greenmansgod on this one. Whenever we see a video like this, eventually it turns out to be a bug.

Unless all those people driving on that road come forward and unless many people claim they saw this, then it most likely is a bug.

It only appears to be flying really fast due to its size.

EDIT: Plus, it is out of focus, despite the cars, trees and buildings being recognizable just fine.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3

Didn any of you watch that docu-drama With Will Smith & Tommy Lee Jones ? That was some bad -A-Bugs ! :alien::no:

• Like 1

White aphids?

• Like 2

Seeder echoed my first thought, the camera tracked the object too accurately, I'm trying to imagine if I was at the controls of that drone, if I saw something moving fast, it seems to me it would be off screen (or nearly) before I could react.

• Like 1

Seeder echoed my first thought, the camera tracked the object too accurately, I'm trying to imagine if I was at the controls of that drone, if I saw something moving fast, it seems to me it would be off screen (or nearly) before I could react.

Plus the screens are quite small and cant be viewed at their BEST in daylight I expect

Edited by seeder

Why supsersonic? I see no shockwave or other indicators of a mach1+ vehicle. Also, if it was traveling at supersonic speeds, at that altitude, you'd be hearing about it on the news, believe me. A sonic boom is a very powerful shockwave and windows all down that things flight path would've been broken and people would've been terrified. So let's eliminate supersonic vehicle.

If you go to the original video located here

you'll get a better idea of what we are dealing with. I see a very high definition (4k) camera trying to record an insect, or fast bird, flying by with the illusion of high speed being the 4K camera trying to deal with a tiny, fast moving object like an insect. I doubt a standard or even 1080 high definition camera would've registered it.

If it was a flying saucer type craft, you would not have a shock wave anyway.

Edited by Starhunter

Actually I think it was the zoomed in edit of the video that tracks on the bug. In the original video, that can be found online, the camera doesn't move.

EDIT:

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 5

Whys that then? Dont ufos move through the atmosphere?

Wait...... I wonder.... I've seen a few of these kinds of videos where they were actually played backward. Could this be something SHOT from the drone??

s-NEWIMAGE43-large.jpg

Edited by DieChecker

Of course you would. Any physical craft will displace air and thus create a shock wave. Why would you think otherwise?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

From this link

If you put your attention on the road running right to left you will see a car travelling along that displays an unusual movement ratio, going forwards, then backwards then forwards in increments as the object flashes past....

The options will give you choices to play at various speed ratios...but normal shows the same behavior...manipulated comes to mind.

• Like 2

Explain.

Actually I think it was the zoomed in edit of the video that tracks on the bug. In the original video, that can be found online, the camera doesn't move.

EDIT:

yep, that's why I linked the original. It is so much more obvious in real time and I am sure ChrLzs, or someone, will explain better than I can the problems with processing 4K video.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

Yes, I saw that after I posted, my mistake.

• Like 2

Say, did you notice that the hill in the background at the end is shaped like a... pyramid?

• Like 2