Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Happy Friday the 13th UM!

She-ra

Friday The 13th 2015: Why Is The Day Considered Unlucky? History, Facts, Superstitions And More

The infamous day has finally arrived. As many will attest, Friday the 13th is widely accepted in Western culture as being the unluckiest day on the calendar. Still, while everybody knows the day isn’t the most promising one on which to buy a lottery ticket, few know why the day is considered so unlucky.

Read more here: http://www.ibtimes.c...ns-more-1845546

I've always thought of Friday the 13th as a lucky day for me. What are your thoughts?

I have never had anything bad happen to me on Friday the 13th, knock on wood, but I'm going to stay in today just in case.

Wish I could turn my signature back on, can't find it.

• Like 1

I have never had anything bad happen to me on Friday the 13th, knock on wood, but I'm going to stay in today just in case.

Wish I could turn my signature back on, can't find it.

If you go to your profile (in upper right hand corner) and click the drop down menu go to "My Settings". From there you will see functions to the left side of the page. Click on "My signature" and you should be able to put it back up from there :)

See? No bad luck here :D

• Like 2

It's my lucky day!!

Today is my departed mom's birthday. She was actually born on a Friday, March 13. She said the only bad luck she ever had on her birthday was when her mom passed on a Friday March 13th when she turned 42.

Is this one going to be any worse than the one last month? Mine turned out pretty good.

Reminded of the film "Friday the 13th" and the execution date of all the Knights Templars.

Reminded of the film "Friday the 13th" and the execution date of all the Knights Templars.

Yeah, thats how I learnt about the origins of Fri 13th, Templar betrayal by the Church...Talk about being stabbed in the back, nasty story.

there was a bad crash near where i live, a car hit a parked car and flipped over

Overall, was not a bad day.

Thank you very much! I actually saw Jason last night. I said hello we got drunk the end.

If you go to your profile (in upper right hand corner) and click the drop down menu go to "My Settings". From there you will see functions to the left side of the page. Click on "My signature" and you should be able to put it back up from there :)

See? No bad luck here :D

It allows me to add a signature there but not turn it on or off.

I called in sick and couldn't make it to work. Think I had the flu. At least I got to take it easy the rest of the day.

The next 13th of Friday will be November.

Generally i think it would be lucky for some and unlucky for others just like any other day !!

My cat is black, and I never had bad luck, I even found 10 dollar on the street once.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The last Friday the 13th was one of the best days of the year so far for me... I was expecting the worse and got the best.