Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Expected Realities

White Crane Feather

About a year ago i posted that I paid for a bagel sandwhich with my debit card only to find afterward when I went next door to get coffee that I never actually had that card. I had left it with my wife.

Well something like it happened again. I'm expanding the location of my business to a bigger facility. The new place is right next door just bigger. The new place got rekeyed. I had a new key for the new place I walked back to the old place and quite naturally I just unlocked it and opend the door. I just happen to notice that I actually used the new key to open the door at the old place. I was a little angry because for a minute I thought that possibly my lock was messed up and would accept any key. I shut the door and tried a random key. Nope it would not accept it. Perplexed I tried the new key again.... This time it would not work. I tried 9 or ten times to get it to open with the new key again. Only the old key would work on the old door as it should be.

WTF. It just happened to hit the tumblers or something

• Like 4

Interesting. On reflection, I have come to the conclusion that Expected Realities have never occurred in my life. This phenomenon has in the past caused me to be alternately angry, embarrassed, regretful, looking like a fool and appearing generally imcompetent in social situations.

Mysterious occurrances like yours I think may be metaphysical correlations to this universal Law of Expected Realities, that states that ER's never occur in real life. It is like an uncertainty principle. The probabilities that what one expects to happen will actually happen are so remote that these foolish expectations should always be ignored, and one should instead be prepared for the unexpected, which will in all cases be something unpleasant, if not apalling, and will generally be hazardous to one's mental health.

• Like 2

That sounds really weird. I don't think this is the same situation, but a few years back in college my friend asked me to give him my copy of my syllabus. I said sure and then started to look through my bag for it, and I looked up at him and said "I can't find it." and he said "What are you talking about, you just gave it to me." and I was dumbfounded because it was on his desk already but it seemed like three seconds passed from when he asked me and when I started rummaging through my bag.

• Like 3

About a year ago i posted that I paid for a bagel sandwhich with my debit card only to find afterward when I went next door to get coffee that I never actually had that card. I had left it with my wife.

Well something like it happened again. I'm expanding the location of my business to a bigger facility. The new place is right next door just bigger. The new place got rekeyed. I had a new key for the new place I walked back to the old place and quite naturally I just unlocked it and opend the door. I just happen to notice that I actually used the new key to open the door at the old place. I was a little angry because for a minute I thought that possibly my lock was messed up and would accept any key. I shut the door and tried a random key. Nope it would not accept it. Perplexed I tried the new key again.... This time it would not work. I tried 9 or ten times to get it to open with the new key again. Only the old key would work on the old door as it should be.

Yeah I remember that first story~ Totally bizarre!

Is it possible that it was already unlocked...and you just thought you unlocked it with the new key?

Edited by joc

That is kind of spooky yet cool!

I would love to pay for bagels

and then fins out I never used my card.

So in essence you have would a way to hack time and space

and get things for free?

Or it just happens it must be a glitch in the system...

but it is wonderful !

• Like 1

Is it possible that it was already unlocked...and you just thought you unlocked it with the new key?

This certainly sounds very plausible to me.

I haven't read your credit card one, but couldn't you have just been recalling a memory of paying with the other card at another time? It wasn't this time. I've experienced things like that before. Where the recollection of something I've done before takes the place of/precedence over the recollection of something I currently have done (the same action).

Especially if it is a place I go often or something I do often.

For example, where I park my car at the grocery. I'm sure (clearly recall) walking into the store from the left side of the parking lot, when that is another time I am remembering. Today, I had actually walked in from the right of the door.

Yes, this can happen. I've had lesser versions of it in my life. You must be pretty powerful. Only a sorcerer could bend reality like that with their mind in an everyday state. You do a lot of dreaming, don't you?

Yes, this can happen. I've had lesser versions of it in my life. You must be pretty powerful. Only a sorcerer could bend reality like that with their mind in an everyday state. You do a lot of dreaming, don't you?

No one can 'bend reality' sorcerer or otherwise. No one has the 'mental' power to change the reality of Physics. Sorry. ...and everyone dreams a lot!

Yeah I remember that first story~ Totally bizarre!

Well sure but these are commercial buildings. They pretty much shut themselves with a fire bar. But here is another bit. There are these new computerized key making machines. At LOWES. The key I was using was defiantly not one of those which is the only one On my key chain because I don't keep the originals with me. They are completely differnt Shape. In fact your analysis is the only possible material exsplanaton. But I know that door was loked. This was not human error. Maybe some random stickiness.

Edited by White Crane Feather

I haven't read your credit card one, but couldn't you have just been recalling a memory of paying with the other card at another time? It wasn't this time. I've experienced things like that before. Where the recollection of something I've done before takes the place of/precedence over the recollection of something I currently have done (the same action).

For example, where I park my car at the grocery. I'm sure (clearly recall) walking into the store from the left side of the parking lot, when that is another time I am remembering. Today, I had actually walked in from the right of the door.

No i posted that within minutes after it happened. The wonders of iPhones you know.

Edited by White Crane Feather

Except that you need a "dog" to to keep comercial doors unlocked. It's like a little Allen wrench to lock in the the push bar.

I do. More than most people can realize or comprehend.

• Like 1

No one can 'bend reality' sorcerer or otherwise. No one has the 'mental' power to change the reality of Physics. Sorry. ...and everyone dreams a lot!

I'm no sorcerer for sure. I am a shamanic practitioner though. My own spiritual path.. You understand.

• Like 1

Interesting. On reflection, I have come to the conclusion that Expected Realities have never occurred in my life. This phenomenon has in the past caused me to be alternately angry, embarrassed, regretful, looking like a fool and appearing generally imcompetent in social situations.

Mysterious occurrances like yours I think may be metaphysical correlations to this universal Law of Expected Realities, that states that ER's never occur in real life. It is like an uncertainty principle. The probabilities that what one expects to happen will actually happen are so remote that these foolish expectations should always be ignored, and one should instead be prepared for the unexpected, which will in all cases be something unpleasant, if not apalling, and will generally be hazardous to one's mental health.

Hmmmmm well i wouldn't think hazardous. There is another analysis. I was once told i was fringe person. That out of 7 billion people there is at least one who will exsperince a multitude of randomly crazy sycronistic events. In don't know. Statistically i can see the reality of this, it's just hard to accept that its me. Of course game theory should have it tapering off.

Deja vu is a fairly well-known phenomena. Less known is Jamais vu, the distinct feeling that a situation which you are familiar with actually feels completely unknown. There are a few other of these phenomena as well.

Most people acknowledge that the human mind is fallible, and pay token service to our minds just processing the data given to it by our sensory organs, but they never really think about it too much until it becomes rather blatantly obvious, like in these sorts of situations. Simply put, our brain recreates memories as needed. What we think of as a continues series of events is really not much more than a bunch of data events put together by our minds on the spot. If the data is wrong or the processor isn't working on all cylinders (processors work like combustion engines, right?), then the sequence of events is going to be wrong as well, and as we review them and find inconsistencies where we don't expect them, we are caught off-guard, not really accustomed to taking the reality we live in as anything other than for granted.

You happen to hit the right state of mind at the time I reckon, that semi daydream state where you are neither here nor there but in between, its where I have noticed all my weird stuff seems to be powered from....

Its a non thinking state that every one into meta physics aims for but takes an opposite path to try and accomplish, stopping the world of reason so that intuition can manifest...

Not an easy thing to do or recognize I find but magic happens when this state is achieved....

But then again, maybe something else happened .....dont know what though....

• Like 5

No i posted that within minutes after it happened. The wonders of iPhones you know.

You'll have to explain that for me. How posting it immediately, negates what I said. I am not arguing with you I genuinely don't understand.

Edited by QuiteContrary

You'll have to explain that for me. How posting it immediately, negates what I said. I am not arguing with you I genuinely don't understand.

I thought you were suggesting the first one was a memory thing. I don't use credit cards I only have one bank card.

• Like 1

Well sure but these are commercial buildings. They pretty much shut themselves with a fire bar. But here is another bit. There are these new computerized key making machines. At LOWES. The key I was using was defiantly not one of those which is the only one On my key chain because I don't keep the originals with me. They are completely differnt Shape. In fact your analysis is the only possible material exsplanaton. But I know that door was loked. This was not human error. Maybe some random stickiness.

Random stickiness...that is a possibility. Tumblers not all tumbling as they should. Or....

The Blue Men.

They are the ones who are responsible for resetting every single moment and making the changes in reality...moment by moment...the Blue Men rearrange reality to fit our comings and goings. Like that sock you can't find....you look all over for it...then ...one of the Blue Men has a Doh moment...oh know, I forgot to put that sock back...so he does...and then you turn around and there it is...right on the sofa were you left it.

It is the only other explanation....lol

Random stickiness...that is a possibility. Tumblers not all tumbling as they should. Or....

The Blue Men.

They are the ones who are responsible for resetting every single moment and making the changes in reality...moment by moment...the Blue Men rearrange reality to fit our comings and goings. Like that sock you can't find....you look all over for it...then ...one of the Blue Men has a Doh moment...oh know, I forgot to put that sock back...so he does...and then you turn around and there it is...right on the sofa were you left it.

It is the only other explanation....lol

Haha so that's where my socks go. What about computers and printers. How come it's a given That I always have to return them and get a new one the first time I buy it. Nothg ever works for me the first time except Apple products.

I can force myself to have an expectation.

Expectations can also automatically arise in my mind without any prior intent as I go through my daily life.

The second type are interesting because I too have noticed what I expect happens.

...lol...

Well....let's just say I know otherwise and we'll leave it at that.

...lol...

Well....let's just say I know otherwise and we'll leave it at that.

Is there any way you can arrange a demonstration?

We live in a universe made out of 1000s of relative states

Positive is relative to negative

Here is relative to there

Yesterday is relative to tomorrow

etc

Why do they exist and if we trace each relative state back to its cause what do we find? We find the initial cause of each was a thought or way of thinking. If there are no thoughts existing in our minds then nothing exists. So by altering your thoughts or thinking processes you alter how your reality works and what actually exists.

The reason being is you have tweaked some of those relative states.