Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can gold be extracted from human waste ?

UM-Bot

Scientists have proposed a rather unorthodox way of prospecting for gold and other valuable metals.

Over the last few years techniques have been developed to use the waste we flush down our toilets for everything from powering a bus to producing drinkable water, but now experts have revealed that sewage might also contain significant amounts of precious metals such as gold that could be extracted and reused.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...rom-human-waste

Let's try to keep the comments on this one constructive and sensible please folks. :tu:

• Like 2

Hey Bob, long time no see! Whatcha been upta?

Oh extracting gold from poop.

Hahahahahaha, so you are still an alchy I see.

• Like 3

What am I missing? I don't think I eat significant amounts of precious metals, so where is the gold coming from?

• Like 1

What am I missing? I don't think I eat significant amounts of precious metals, so where is the gold coming from?

Good point! But sell your gold now before the market is "flushed" with it. (Sorry, had to do it!) :whistle:
  • Like 1

Just find someone who drinks a lot of Goldschlager.

• Like 1

Just find someone who drinks a lot of Goldschlager.

I've known a couple people that drink enough of that stuff that their poo might be worth something. And then there is the fashion of adding gold to food to make it more expensive, like gold leaf on chocolate, or gold flecks on tacos, or whatever.

The Philosophers turd. I know that we all have trace elements in us (Humans), and it stands to reason that they (Trace elements) could be recovered. Doesn't make it any less funny though, just saying.

Edited by ancient astronaut
  • Like 1

I'd bet there is a lot more gold in a town's landfill/dump there there is in the sewer plant.

There be gold in them there hills.... of garbage.

• Like 1

The Philosophers turd. I know that we all have trace elements in us (Humans), and it stands to reason that they (Trace elements) could be recovered. Doesn't make it any less funny though, just saying.

Yeah, isn't there some joke about gold-plated turds, lol!

• Like 1

Human poo, priceless.....

For instance, you can give your fiance a poop-gold engagement ring. You should pray that she never finds out.

Edited by Foil Hat Ninja
  • Like 1

I also heard that we can make chocolate cake and brownies from poop.

Now that is just plain wrong, what is next ? Beer ?

"We" can't, but I won't stop you. Just tell me what bake sales you might be attending.

• Like 1

What I don't get is how gold gets into our system to begin with. Surely we don't create it on the way down.

You can...now if you want them to be eatable there is a long and involved process of making them that way that pretty much involves turning them into fertilizer and then growing the stuff you make food outta with them.

What I don't get is how gold gets into our system to begin with. Surely we don't create it on the way down.

Read the article.....human use nano-particles in shampoo and other products to stymy our stinkyness. When we wash, boom, down the drain go very-very-very tiny amounts of these things....offa everybody, every time they bath or wash their hands.

Edited by bubblykiss

My wife ****s a gold brick on occasion. There's your answer.

Harte

• Like 1

QUOTE-

"metals in human poo are "worth millions", say scientists."

Honestly, that's the biggest load of s**t I've ever spread out on my kitchen counter and examined

with a magnifying glass.

Edited by shrooma

Why yes! As a matter of fact, I am digging for gold!

• Like 1

Now that is just plain wrong, what is next ? Beer ?

the new gold logger.... lol though Likely vodka, you can make vodka out of anything...

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

The amount of energy needed to extract gold from sewage makes the whole operation not worth it.