Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope Francis credited with performing miracle

UM-Bot

A relic containing the blood of a 3rd century saint appeared to liquify after the Pope kissed it.

The blood was that of St. Gennaro, a bishop of Naples who was thought to have been killed during persecution under the Roman Emperor Diocletian some time before the year 305.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/279671/pope-francis-credited-with-performing-miracle

Some sort of heat transfer or something? Weird. :unsure2:

I'm fairy sure someone will find a scientific explanation to this.

Did he "kiss it" to try to get it to liquify or did that just spontaneously happen?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have got to be kidding me? Are we in the 12th century?

"And for my next miracle, watch as I pull a rabbit out of this hat."

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 7

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have got to be kidding me? Are we in the 12th century?

"And for my next miracle, watch as I pull a rabbit out of this hat."

:w00t: That made me laugh!

I wasn't gonna say anything but...

• Like 1

Well it's about time he showed off some super natural ability!

Use magicians and Wizards have been doing these things for centuries !

its funny that i have seen this same miracle performed on Ripleys Believe it or Not. Has more to do with non-newtonian liquids.

• Like 1

It is indeed a conjuring trick that the cathedral performs every year.

And don't hold your breath for a scientific explanation.. The church has never allowed the samples to be independently analysed.

• Like 1

Don't Popes have to have a couple of miracles attributed to them before they can be canonized - made a saint -

and hasn't Pope Francis hinted that he might not be around for much longer...?

I'm sorry but I think this 'miracle' is a bit too convenient and a tad embarrassing ...

• Like 1

But can he guess which card I'm holding up? ;)

• Like 2

It is indeed a conjuring trick that the cathedral performs every year.

And don't hold your breath for a scientific explanation.. The church has never allowed the samples to be independently analysed.

Nothing suspicious about that!

• Like 2

Don't Popes have to have a couple of miracles attributed to them before they can be canonized - made a saint -

and hasn't Pope Francis hinted that he might not be around for much longer...?

I'm sorry but I think this 'miracle' is a bit too convenient and a tad embarrassing ...

Hi Bee,

A Catholic can only become a Saint after they die. When prayers for intercession are heard and 2 miracles are confirmed.

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 2

This is such a load of crock. "Seen by several witnesses". Who are the witnesses? Are they devout Catholics, waiting for a miracle and seeing imaginary friends everywhere they look? Or are they impartial observers? I'll believe it when he demonstrates it to a group of scientists in a controlled situation.

• Like 3

Hi Bee,

A Catholic can only become a Saint after they die. When prayers for intercession are heard and 2 miracles are confirmed.

Hiya - - - :tu:

re becoming a saint after death - that's why I said that he had hinted that he wouldn't be around for much longer - I think he said

a couple of years... if he needs two miracles then there will probably be another one soon ...?

Maybe not though - because it seems that Pope's can be credited with performing miracles AFTER death as well...

and then they can be made a saint...

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/30/world/europe/vatican-popes-sainthood/index.html

John Paul is said to have miraculously cured Sister Marie Simon-Pierre, a French nun stricken by Parkinson's disease, several months after his death.

The church says the second miracle occurred when a Costa Rican woman with a brain aneurism recovered after praying to John Paul

Hiya - - - :tu:

re becoming a saint after death - that's why I said that he had hinted that he wouldn't be around for much longer - I think he said

a couple of years... if he needs two miracles then there will probably be another one soon ...?

Maybe not though - because it seems that Pope's can be credited with performing miracles AFTER death as well...

and then they can be made a saint...

http://edition.cnn.c...hood/index.html

Hi Bee :)

I don't think miracles whilst alive count, its only after a person dies. Someone alive has to pray to that 'departed' person for intercession, then if a miracle occurs, the 'said' person then becomes "beatified." You need one more miracle to take place then your worthy of 'Sainthood.' So, this 'so called miracle' that's just been attributed to Pope Francis doesn't count.

Maybe he's just getting some practise in :lol:

http://www.catholiceducation.org/en/culture/catholic-contributions/the-process-of-becoming-a-saint.html

• Like 3

love this pope...i suspect his greatest work will be the legacy he leaves for future generations.

• Like 3

Guess which figure I'm holding up??? Anybody?? Can You Guess??? Betcha can't.

• Like 1

For his next trick, He (da Pope) will traverse space and time after guessing correctly at 3 card Monty.

Edited by ancient astronaut

I really love this Pope too, and perhaps it was a miracle, who knows.

Edited by woodsbooger
  • Like 6

he could have levitated, turned water into lager, spontaneously combusted.....but no....he made a liquid a little less viscous with the heat from his hand!

Things have gotten a little less exciting since that guy fed 5000 people with some sardines and a baguette!

• Like 4

What I find hard to believe is not "miracles" like this, but the certainty of what happens in the afterlife- the 72 virgins, time spent in purgatory, etc.

I can expect a bit of hocus pocus to sell the snake oil that is religion, but I find it hard to accept the certainty all religions have about the afterlife-it seems they have very definite views about something no one has ever reported back on.

• Like 2

What I find hard to believe is not "miracles" like this, but the certainty of what happens in the afterlife- the 72 virgins, time spent in purgatory, etc.

I can expect a bit of hocus pocus to sell the snake oil that is religion, but I find it hard to accept the certainty all religions have about the afterlife-it seems they have very definite views about something no one has ever reported back on.

Who would want 72 virgins?

Give me 2 fire breathing whores anyday

• Like 5

Hey what is a miracle, is that anybody believes this is a miracle......so technically he has done a miracle

• Like 1