Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus was crucified and died on a Thursday

Peace Crusader

Believe it or not, Jesus was crucified and died on 1 BC 08-17, a Thursday. No other day of the week except Thursday. The spirit of Ama revealed only 08-17, but in my study using mainly the Holy Bible, I found the year to be 1 BC.

If it happened.

• Like 3

At what time?

• Like 2

My counting has him crucified on Wednesday, for what it's worth. Thursday is still a day out :)

• Like 1

I'm with the "if it happened" crew, with all due respect.

• Like 5

It's all about faith to those who believe.

I just don't know if it happened or not.

One thing that is certain though (in my humble opinion) it cannot be proven one way or the other.

Edit: Misspelling

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 1

I believe it DID with all my being but I very much respect anyone who even thinks it possible!

• Like 1

Is the specific day of the week it happened really significant in any way? I havent read the gospels in some time, but i seem to remember thinking it was the days leading up to a sabbath

Believe it or not, Jesus was crucified and died on 1 BC 08-17, a Thursday. No other day of the week except Thursday. The spirit of Ama revealed only 08-17, but in my study using mainly the Holy Bible, I found the year to be 1 BC.

You brought this up in 2007 and 2011, and no one seems to have believed you then... is there any particular reason why you are bringing this up again now?

• Like 5

You brought this up in 2007 and 2011, and no one seems to have believed you then... is there any particular reason why you are bringing this up again now?

Hmmm. 2007, 2011 and 2015... I predict that he will bring it up again in 2019.

• Like 2

Is the specific day of the week it happened really significant in any way? I havent read the gospels in some time, but i seem to remember thinking it was the days leading up to a sabbath

Yeah, it was the day before the Sabboth, and the Romans went out to break Jesus's legs so he'd die before sundown, so the Jews would be happy with no work being done on Saturday. But, he was already dead. One of them stabbed him in the side, into the heart, to make sure he was dead and the fluid around the heart, and blood flowed out, proving he was dead.

Historically the Jewish Sabboth was Friday at dusk to Saturday when the first stars came out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat

• Like 1

Yeah, it was the day before the Sabboth, and the Romans went out to break Jesus's legs so he'd die before sundown, so the Jews would be happy with no work being done on Saturday. But, he was already dead. One of them stabbed him in the side, into the heart, to make sure he was dead and the fluid around the heart, and blood flowed out, proving he was dead.

Historically the Jewish Sabboth was Friday at dusk to Saturday when the first stars came out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat

Right, that was my understanding of the whole shebang

If it happened.

@Border Collie

Yes, it happened. It states in John 20:29, "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

At what time?

@ealdwita

At exactly 12 noon. That was when the Roman centurion pierced him with his spear to prove that he was brave and also that Jesus would surely die. The spirit of Ama revealed this to us (plural).

What was the phase of the moon?

@SpiritWriter

It was dark. There was no moon for it happened on 3760 Av 30, the last day of the month. It was not on the 14th as most believe when the moon was full. The high day sabbath referred to was the New Moon Festival or Rosh Hodesh (John 19:31).

• Like 1

@rashore

Could you please repost what I did in 2007 and 2011? I know that it is true because I have proven to myself that the date 08-17 is correct. I have proven also that it was not in about 33 AD when Jesus was crucified and died, but in 1 BC. Also, it was not in spring when the crucifixion happened, but in summer. I found six proofs from the Holy Bible that it happened in summer (two each in 2009 and 2014, and one each on 2012 and 2013).

@SpiritWriter

It was dark. There was no moon for it happened on 3760 Av 30, the last day of the month. It was not on the 14th as most believe when the moon was full. The high day sabbath referred to was the New Moon Festival or Rosh Hodesh (John 19:31).

First there is rest for the dead and then there is resurrection. Three days it was dark.

What was the phase of the moon?

Passover's middle of the lunar month; add a couple days to call it waning full.

Edit: 'Scuse me, my mistake, the end of Passover would make it waning gibbous entering a waning crescent.

Edited by Magnanimus

First there is rest for the dead and then there is resurrection. Three days it was dark.

@SpiritWriter

You are talking about what happens when one dies. Yes, for the first three days, the dead person does not know that he is already dead. He is just sleeping (as you say, 'it was dark', 'rest for the dead'). After three days, he wakes up and finds himself already dead. His soul has left his physical body. And you call this as 'resurrection'. The crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Jesus had nothing to do with the phase of the moon. How about if a person dies during new moon or full moon?

@ealdwita

At exactly 12 noon. That was when the Roman centurion pierced him with his spear to prove that he was brave and also that Jesus would surely die. The spirit of Ama revealed this to us (plural).

@SpiritWriter

Actually the ninth hour by Roman watch, so unless the sun decided to rise at three or four in the morning by our keeping, think closer to three in the afternoon, but don't swear by the exact time. Sundials aren't exactly accurate, even close to equinoxes and on and during the third hour would have the same functional meaning to the authors.

The Passion and Crucifixion kicked off immediately following the Passover Seder; that's in the third week of the month of Nisan. Av, which spans July and August, wouldn't have brought the party to Jerusalem, there's not a high holiday to warrant it. The absolute scantest argument you can make for the month of Av is that it was the month that both the Temples of Solomon and Herod were destroyed and the Jews twice expelled from the country, based on Christ's metaphor of His body being the Temple that would be destroyed and rebuilt.

Christmas in July sales don't mean that we're actually celebrating Christmas in July. A Temple destroyed in Av doesn't mean Christ's body was crucified in the same month.

• Like 3

1 BC? when was he born then?
  • Like 3

Actually the ninth hour by Roman watch, so unless the sun decided to rise at three or four in the morning by our keeping, think closer to three in the afternoon, but don't swear by the exact time. Sundials aren't exactly accurate, even close to equinoxes and on and during the third hour would have the same functional meaning to the authors.

The Passion and Crucifixion kicked off immediately following the Passover Seder; that's in the third week of the month of Nisan. Av, which spans July and August, wouldn't have brought the party to Jerusalem, there's not a high holiday to warrant it. The absolute scantest argument you can make for the month of Av is that it was the month that both the Temples of Solomon and Herod were destroyed and the Jews twice expelled from the country, based on Christ's metaphor of His body being the Temple that would be destroyed and rebuilt.

Christmas in July sales don't mean that we're actually celebrating Christmas in July. A Temple destroyed in Av doesn't mean Christ's body was crucified in the same month.

I'm going to agree with Magnanimus. The date and time, and even the year are pretty well nailed down by various major factors. Minutia isn't going to change those major facts enough to change the month, or year, or even the hour.