Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA predicts alien life discovery soon

Chief scientist Ellen Stofan stated that we are likely to find evidence of alien life within 20 years.

Her comments came during a public panel in Washington D. C on Thursday in which NASA scientists had been discussing the likelihood that mankind will discover conclusive evidence of microbial alien life in the near future.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/280199/nasa-predicts-alien-life-discovery-soon

• Like 1

Usual old tosh from NASA. Why it is that today they come up with another prediction of finding alien life in the next 20 years appears to be based on nothing more than personal belief.

• Like 1

there probably is other life in this cosmic soup . Discover it soon? i dunno.

• Like 1

Usual old tosh from NASA. Why it is that today they come up with another prediction of finding alien life in the next 20 years appears to be based on nothing more than personal belief.

Is NASA due to request more cash any time soon? That may be a reason for this announcement!

• Like 1

Maybe they have found some...and will leak some flimsy evidence sometimes soon. But don't get your hopes up....no Klingons...no..Grey's....

• Like 2

I was also promised flying cars.

And the taste of disappointment keeps me up long into the night.

I mean technically they do exsist now

I'd love to see microbial life on Mars, that's be phenomenal. But I'll believe it when I see it, unfortunately...

I'd love to see microbial life on Mars, that's be phenomenal. But I'll believe it when I see it, unfortunately...

Problem is, there will be ppl that will state, that WE brought them to Mars, unless they go Beep Beep Beep, are green, and talk Marsian...

...what I mean is, UNLESS they are SO different from life here on earth, that there are no doubt :)

Problem is, there will be ppl that will state, that WE brought them to Mars, unless they go Beep Beep Beep, are green, and talk Marsian...

...what I mean is, UNLESS they are SO different from life here on earth, that there are no doubt :)

Well sure, but even if we did bring microbial life to Mars, that's pretty phenomenal that they can survive without help or special enclosures. That's probably a more relevant discovery, in fact.

Regardless, people claiming that we brought microbes with us would have to prove the claim, it wouldn't need to be necessarily disproven. Burden of proof is in the one making the statement, after all.

Ahhh 20 years, the stock standard non-committal attention seeking time period. There should be a word for it in the dictionary.

• Like 3

Impossible, if they discovered life, they'd lose all throw funding, QXContinuum said so.

• Like 2

If it's outside of our solar system and around another star, then it's absolutely amazing. Inside the solar system, then not so much. Debunkers, detractors, and dismissive types on this site will claim it's just simple microbial life that was probably earth based and was blown off by a meteor impact, and managed to survive just like microbes do in extreme environments here on earth.

Edited by Atuke
  • Like 2

If it's outside of our solar system and around another star, then it's absolutely amazing. Inside the solar system, then not so much. Debunkers, detractors, and dismissive types on this site will claim it's just simple microbial life that was probably earth based and was blown off by a meteor impact, and managed to survive just like microbes do in extreme environments here on earth.

To be fair, a solar circuit of viable life would be a marvelous thing to behold.

And having proof that life is just that tenacious to make its way along the cosmic winds would have a certain beautiful poetry of its own.

• Like 5

Excellent comments! Anyone think this is a little convenient considering all the talk about " The Disclosure Files"? Sounds like they are setting it up real nice.

• Like 1

Excellent comments! Anyone think this is a little convenient considering all the talk about " The Disclosure Files"? Sounds like they are setting it up real nice.

That was what I was hinting...starting small....like "Well...we might be finding this...and maybe..."

I can't believe all the negativity about this!?!?! In the last few years we have discovered that not only are planets in the "habitable zone" not rare, they are common and then we discover that many of the tiny moons orbiting gas giants have miles of salty oceans underneath protective ice mantles. Couple the last with the fact that in the last twenty years we have discovered that not only is sunlight not necessary to support life but that the black smokers, located under miles of ocean, that support thriving colonies of life may have been the cradle of existence that carried the planet through epochs like the Permian extinction (not to say that is what happened but the smokers exist outside what is happening on the surface).

This is all very new knowledge and must enter into the equation when considering the probability of life off this planet. How many gas giants in our galaxy posses Europa like moons? 80%? Even 20% would be a massive number and then add in all the planets in the habitable zone of their stars and to think life doesn't exist out there has gone from long shot to almost unthinkable that it doesn't. Weird that the peddlers of woo are so negative that science is going their way.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 4

"I think we're going to have strong indications of life beyond Earth within a decade, and I think we're going to have definitive evidence within 20 to 30 years," NASA chief scientist Ellen Stofan said Tuesday during a panel event on water in the universe." ELLEN STOFAN. The Irish have a word for this sort of statement. I believe it starts with a "B".

They may, or they may not. We don't know if life exists outside the Earth. But it seems likely and worth the effort. Setting a timeline however is usually disappointing.

Edited by Sundew

Scientists in the United Kingdom have already proven the existence of microbe life. It was all over the internet news last year. Here is a link to one of the many articles about it:

http://www.express.c...f-life-in-space

LINK - Scientists Find Proof of Alien Life? Well, Not Quite

• Like 1

Mate - that would be strong evidence that Panspermia is possible so still exciting news for us droll types who like to make sure before we crack the Champers.

I doubt it is entirely an imaginative idea, I reckon it would be based on the future space telescopes, what they are capable of, and expectations for future observations based on past approaches and missions. It is probably wrong, but it is a start. Thanks to the media, these predictions are announced too seriously. I reckon it is an educated guess, and as most people point out, probably wrong. It gives us goals to seek.

Microbial life is what most are banking on from what I read, Im Talking about the Whole Enchilada ! E.T. wit /grits and Teeth ! maybe not too big of teeth !

such a blunt prediction ! Nasa predicts alien life discovery soon .... Like based on what ? someone went to the washroom and while releasing he/she felt like..OMG it will happen?

I also predict in the next 46 seconds, two crickets will have intercourse after which 678 small crickets will hatch in the next exactly 14 days but 47 of them will die in their first 19 minutes while all other will survive ...

Edited by qxcontinuum