Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Genital Mutilation ‘On the Increase in Europe’

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16    CatAstrofix

CatAstrofix

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

• There is no truth, just perceptions.

Posted 27 November 2004 - 12:43 PM

In my education, we ofcourse are instructed to be tolerant towards the foreign habits and customs and over all we have to be "accepting", since as a socialworker we should be standing by our customers, be on their side. This is though example where no tolerance or accepting will be shown. Already we've been told, that when we go to work or work-training, in a situation like this we have to be absolut. It's a duty to tell anyone who plans something like this, that it's dangerous, painful and illegal. If they were to go through with it anyway, there will be punishment. It violates the child-protection laws so no vows of confidentiality apply there.

#17    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 12:48 PM

why shouldn't you be tolerant? tongue.gif

#18    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,522 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 02:08 PM

Well, male circumsicion doesn't affect sexual abilities at all.
As a matter of fact, some say that circumsized penis causes females to enjoy sex more than with un-circumsized one wink2.gif.

Also, it is done in many places from health perspective (like the US, where about 50% of the males are circumsized for health reasons).

Female circumsicion, pn the other hand, is nothing but torture. It is done to prevent women from enjoying sexual relations, and thus make is un-reasonable that they will cheat on their husbands. It's also make them nothing but a baby-machine, with no joy from the procces. disgust.gif

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#19    vimjams

vimjams

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• it Itches

Posted 27 November 2004 - 02:35 PM

Circumsized or not its all the same.

O really...Like to see what you stir your tea with when the spoons are all dirty (?)

Vimjams
ph34r.gif  original.gif

Posted Image

#20    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 02:44 PM

puhlease, its fact that circumcision desensitises the penis and alters the way in which it functions during sex

O really...Like to see what you stir your tea with when the spoons are all dirty (?)

like to have substandard sex? tongue.gif

#21    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,522 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:01 PM

Bathory, this is rubbish.
Circumsized men function during sex the same way as un-circumsized men, and probably enjoy it the same (I wouldn't know, being that I have been un-circumsized for only 8 days... whistling2.gif).
Anyhow, I don't know how anyone can state things as a fact.
Did any of the researchers circumsized themselves to actually know?
Or did any of the circumsized researchers miracously de-circmusized themselves to see how would it feel with that peace of skin on? blink.gif

I doubt it.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#22    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:18 PM

it damages nerves in the penis, it forces the glands to harden and DESENSITISE, like it or not, your willy isn't what it could have been:P

Did any of the researchers circumsized themselves to actually know?
Or did any of the circumsized researchers miracously de-circmusized themselves to see how would it feel with that peace of skin on?

by that same logic researchers would have to remove their own clitoris's in order to check if they can no longer have sexual pleasure.

I know it touches a nerve but the reality of it is that circumcision damages the penis, intercourse doesn't function in the naturally intended way and relies solely on friction, i'm not saying you can't have sex, i'm not saying you can't enjoy sex, but as it stands it isn't as sensitive.

*find the puns, win a million dollars*

#23    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:09 PM

it damages nerves in the penis, it forces the glands to harden and DESENSITISE, like it or not, your willy isn't what it could have been:P

How can it damage nerves in the penis when its the foreskin that is taken away. This is not going to decreases sexual pleasure.

like to have substandard sex?

Above statement shows nothing but immaturity.

Edited by Lottie, 27 November 2004 - 05:16 PM.

#24    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(Erikl @ Nov 27 2004, 08:08 AM)
Well, male circumsicion doesn't affect sexual abilities at all.
As a matter of fact, some say that circumsized penis causes females to enjoy sex more than with un-circumsized one wink2.gif.

Also, it is done in many places from health perspective (like the US, where about 50% of the males are circumsized for health reasons).

Female circumsicion, pn the other hand, is nothing but torture. It is done to prevent women from enjoying sexual relations, and thus make is un-reasonable that they will cheat on their husbands. It's also make them nothing but a baby-machine, with no joy from the procces. disgust.gif

View Post

You got that right. These women are brainwashed by their culture into accepting and believing that this is the thing to do. I have material on Africa and this practice to share with you.

"As a result of recent publicity on FC/FGM, it is likely that most researchers and others concerned with violence against women currently have some awareness of the physical procedures that occur during this painful, unnecessary operation. However, for those who may lack this information, Rahman and Toubia clearly summarize the four types of FC/FGM delineated by the World Health Organization (1996, p.6). The first of these categories, termed "Type I," or typically "clitoridectomy," consists of " excision of the prepuce with or without excision of part of the clitoris" (p.7). "Type II," sometimes termed "excision", involves "excision of the prepuce and clitoris together with partial or total excision of the labia minora"(p.8). "Type III. (commonly referred to as infibulation') _consists of_ excision of part or all of the external genitalia and stitching/narrowing of the vaginal opening" (p.8). Finally, "Type IV." includes any "other procedures that involve partial or total removal of the female external genitalia and/or injury to the female genital organs for cultural or any other nontherapeutic reasons" (p.8).

To many women, both circumcised and noncircumcised, these descriptions of procedures are painful to consider. There are additional hurtful components to this purposeful wounding. It is often performed on young girls, who characteristically lack the ability to provide informed consent. Typically, the unnecessary operation is completed without any anaesthetic to dull to pain. Also, it is not unusual for cutting instruments to be applied to more than one patient and to be used for more than one task, which can spread infection and create additional medical complications. With the current rates of HIV and AIDS infection in Africa, any practice that renders a segment of the population at greater risk of either debilitating infection or contact with blood products of others is a serious concern.

In addition to the physical health effects and accompanying pain, the procedure also may damage a woman's psychological well-beng. These harmful outcomes are documented by Rahman and Toubia (pp. 8-9), who also mention the cultural justifications motivating the women to continue the paratice despite the damaging effects on their daughters (pp.5-6). The "cultural" or "traditional" component to FC/FGM can create an additional difficulty. People may resent having their locally sanctioned activities criticized by outsiders, and this raises the possibility that cultural insiders may close ranks against external interference, which they may ignore completely if they view it as arrogant imperialism."

"Violence Against Women"...An International and Interdisciplinary Journal, Volume 8, Number 4, April 2002....Female Genital Mutilation: A Guide to Laws and Policies Worldwide by Anika Rahman and Nahid Toubia

I wouldn't want this culture to take over in my neighborhood. I really worry that the changes for the good of these women in these cultures will take many years, and if we don't win this war on terrorism it will come to our doorstep. That's if they let us live.  

These poor women are brainwashed and can't help themselves. It is so horrible to think what their men and their society can do to them. There are in-depth descriptions of this procedure out there, but I didn't want to make everyone 'sick'.

Edited by Babs, 27 November 2004 - 10:16 PM.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#25    Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

• A Fool's Paradise Is A Wise Man's Hell...

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:17 PM

I've actually seen this done (on video) to a  little girl, she was about five and it was done with some old razor blade.........I didn't see this here in the states, it was when I was overseas.  I can't believe how some people refuse to even entertain the thought that this is actually happening.  The people I've tried to tell about this either look at me like I'm crazy or I'm making it up....

And Bathory, I'm circumsized and my 'equipment' isn't impaired in ANY way......

"Art Vandelay", Marine Biologist, Architect, Importer/Exporter of Corn Chips and Owner of Latex Products Manufacturing Co. Vandelay Industries....at your service.

#26    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:19 PM

Yes, I can see why people can't believe it...it's UNBELIEVABLE.

....actually it's just like domestic violence, people don't want to believe that either, it threatens their world.

Edited by Babs, 27 November 2004 - 05:22 PM.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#27    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:22 PM

yes it is, you've lost a great deal of sensitivity in your tackle. I know its a horrible thought but thats the fact of the matter

#28    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,522 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 08:34 PM

Same here thumbsup.gif grin2.gif

yes it is, you've lost a great deal of sensitivity in your tackle. I know its a horrible thought but thats the fact of the matter

How would you know? huh.gif

Posted Image

#29    CatAstrofix

CatAstrofix

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

• There is no truth, just perceptions.

Posted 27 November 2004 - 10:08 PM

Why does this turn to men and their weenies? Do you understand what we are talking about here? What is done to girls, children, is that their genitals are cut off and they are sewed close. This exposes them not only to incredible pain, but in worse circumstances to serious infections that can in many cases take there lives. How it effects their lives is horrible: Every menstruation, having sex, giving birth...
This started as a "tribe" thing. Men from village A left to rob the village B. Men from village B went to rape the women of village A while the men were out, and to prevent this the women's genitals were mutilated (like it prevented rape). .. If some man in the forum feels threatened by the idea of removing the collar, I'm so so sorry, but please, do not compare it to this!

#30    Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

• A Fool's Paradise Is A Wise Man's Hell...

Posted 27 November 2004 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(CatAstrofix @ Nov 27 2004, 10:08 PM)
Why does this turn to men and their weenies?

View Post

Don't ask me Cat, somebody else startd it and I HAVE to defend my weenie.......it's not impaired in any way as some would think......but back to the Female Circumcision.....it's just intolerable.....

"Art Vandelay", Marine Biologist, Architect, Importer/Exporter of Corn Chips and Owner of Latex Products Manufacturing Co. Vandelay Industries....at your service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users