Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth's Mysterious Hum Explained

She-ra

Even planets can get a bad case of tinnitus, according to a new study that explains Earth's mysterious, never-ending hum.

Scientists have long known that earthquakes can make the Earth sing like a bell for days or months. However, in the late 1990s, seismologists discovered the world also constantly vibrates at very low frequencies even when there are no quakes. This so-called microseismic activity is too faint for humans to feel.

Read more here: http://www.livescience.com/50473-earth-mysterious-hum-explained.html

• Like 4

The moon rings like a bell when you hit it with an object. They say this could be because the moon is hollow. I personally think that the moon is so dry and filled with metal minerals that allow for it to ring so loudly and clearly when hit. As far as I know though, because there is no seismic activity and definitely no ecosystems or any natural life at all on the moon, there is no frequency signature emanating from it like the planet Earth has.

http://www.nasa.gov/exploration/home/15mar_moonquakes_prt.htm

That is the link to a NASA article on the moon ringing like a bell.

All objects have a frequency no matter what size they are. Each human has a frequency as we are filled with moving matter, blood, heart beats, electrical pulses, so on and so forth. So, these ocean waves and volcanic activities tend to create a median frequency with the scattering of spikes when big quakes hit, but generally, if you recorded the entirety of the Earth into an audio file, there would be a definite range of frequencies that the planet "hums" at.

• Like 3

The moon rings like a bell when you hit it with an object. They say this could be because the moon is hollow. I personally think that the moon is so dry and filled with metal minerals that allow for it to ring so loudly and clearly when hit. As far as I know though, because there is no seismic activity and definitely no ecosystems or any natural life at all on the moon, there is no frequency signature emanating from it like the planet Earth has.

http://www.nasa.gov/...nquakes_prt.htm

That is the link to a NASA article on the moon ringing like a bell.

All objects have a frequency no matter what size they are. Each human has a frequency as we are filled with moving matter, blood, heart beats, electrical pulses, so on and so forth. So, these ocean waves and volcanic activities tend to create a median frequency with the scattering of spikes when big quakes hit, but generally, if you recorded the entirety of the Earth into an audio file, there would be a definite range of frequencies that the planet "hums" at.

You do realize that the quote 'ringing like a bell" doesn't mean that the moon was actually ringing like a bell, right?

• Like 2

WRONG!!! believe it or not but i can here it (i think its because i hang out with my dog a lot and just as much i hang out with my old dog since childhood), its just the sum of all the sounds on the planet resonating, if you can hear far enough you would know that voices summing up in the distance start sounding similar at about a half mile away they should really remember that access energy from sound gets diverted and spreed thinner and thinner in the air until you cant hear them anymore, they should just think for once

WRONG!!! believe it or not but i can here it (i think its because i hang out with my dog a lot and just as much i hang out with my old dog since childhood), its just the sum of all the sounds on the planet resonating, if you can hear far enough you would know that voices summing up in the distance start sounding similar at about a half mile away they should really remember that access energy from sound gets diverted and spreed thinner and thinner in the air until you cant hear them anymore, they should just think for once

2cs87q0.jpg

I'm having a very hard time understanding what you are saying.

2en435u.jpg

• Like 2

Trolololololololololol - At least I hope for the sake of humanity, because you hanging out with your dog and making assumptions is somehow a more accurate method of discovering what this hum is rather than a scientific exploration into its cause.

• Like 2

Well it can't be a 2 stroke... must be a hybrid. However my cat has a 2 stroke engine.

2cs87q0.jpg

I'm having a very hard time understanding what you are saying.

2en435u.jpg

well basically i am saying that its every sound on earth spread thin through the air

Trolololololololololol - At least I hope for the sake of humanity, because you hanging out with your dog and making assumptions is somehow a more accurate method of discovering what this hum is rather than a scientific exploration into its cause.

hearing it is a more accurate method its just like when you put your finger in water and you know its wet even if no one has scientifically explained it to you, besides think about it from a objective perspective it makes way more seance and actually includes what they are saying just that it's like when you ask someone how to make sugar water and they say pour sugar in a cup and skip the most important part about adding water

Roughly five years ago I began hearing what sounded like a low, rhythmic drone, much like what you'd hear from a far off radio with the bass way up or the loud tv/radio of a neighbor on a lower floor of an apartment.

But I am not sure if it the sound is legit or just another development of my tinnitus. Odd thing is that I do not hear it all the time so..who knows.

This vibration is from the push of dark energy, all of my pets agree.

Edited by TripGun

Roughly five years ago I began hearing what sounded like a low, rhythmic drone, much like what you'd hear from a far off radio with the bass way up or the loud tv/radio of a neighbor on a lower floor of an apartment.

But I am not sure if it the sound is legit or just another development of my tinnitus. Odd thing is that I do not hear it all the time so..who knows.

My tinnitus changes pitch occasionally for a few seconds then goes back to it's higher pitch whine, sort of like electric lines in a alley, if any of you have experienced that. Some days it's barely perceptible other days it's loud enough to be quite annoying. Like today.

helloo!!!is because this is a prison for yor mind never forget that,thi low vibration field prison to keep all animals and nature under this low future

This and the sound recorded from that asteroid make me wonder if distant planetary bodies can be "listened in on" to determine thier composure or rotation or detect oceans.

The Earth's heart is beating

Speak for yourself.

Harte

I have read about this phenomenon a lot here. Does the explanation the scientists are providing explain the rhythmic drone so many people hear or are these two separate phenomenons?