Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is it that makes your knuckles crack ?

UM-Bot

Scientists have used an MRI scanner to solve the mystery of knuckle cracking once and for all.

For some people the cracking of the knuckles can be an appealing and stress-revealing process while for others even the mere thought of it can make them shudder and wince.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/280447/what-is-it-that-makes-your-knuckles-crack

• Like 2

Now that they've cleared this up, maybe they can get to work solving one of the truly great medical mysteries: pee shivers.

• Like 3

I hate the sound of knuckles cracking! The explanation just makes it sound so much worst! :wacko:

I just wonder how much grant money this project got?

It's bad for your joints, the fluid in between can't rejuvenate overtime and can lead to arthritis and other similar conditions.

The article stated the following:

The team also found no evidence to support the common notion that people with a regular knuckle cracking habit could damage the health of their joints in the long term.

I have known for years what happens when knuckles crack. I don't understand what the purpose of the study was since this is well known.

I can't believe it. I heard of something before seeing it on UM!

*fires celebratory confetti cannons*

Edited by Skeptic Chicken

I'll crack to that!!

I find a 25lb lump hammer works great to crack knuckles, works on bonehead scientist skulls also. Will you people get real!