Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Executes his computer in alley.

pallidin

A Colorado man's frustration with his computer boiled over Monday night, resulting in him shooting the machine eight times and receiving a citation from police.

Lucas Hinch, 37, of Colorado Springs, accepted his citation with good humor, police told the Colorado Springs Gazette. According to the paper, Hinch told officers that he hadn't realized that he was breaking the law when he brought the computer into an alley and blasted away.

Springs Police @CSPDPIO

Man executes his computer in alley behind his home. Cited for discharging a firearm in city http://ow.ly/LRraY via @CSPDDutyLt

Source: http://www.foxnews.c...g-his-computer/

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 5

Nothing wrong with Windows 8.1. I've used every single Windows from 3.1 and 8.1 is the best so far. Also, the dude probably had very dodgy stuff on his hard drives and was doing a ' permanent secure erase'.

• Like 3

Must have been using Windows 8.

If he'd only told the cop that, the cop might have shot it a few times himself...

• Like 5

Justifiable 'Putercide.

:clap:

• Like 2

good on him, maybe computers will behave themselves now!

• Like 7

If he'd only told the cop that, the cop might have shot it a few times himself...

Sorry Taun!! I didn't see this thread posted here :lol: I was laughing so hard when I posted it I probably overlooked it in the search. (the other one was taken care of)

@El - 'Putercide :lol:

• Like 2

Cue Gangsta music from Office Space.

I must admit, I've thought of doing it on occasion. I was thinking more of a sledge hammer solution, though. Or maybe throwing it out the window and trying to make it look like a suicide.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 4

Justifiable 'Putercide.

good on him, maybe computers will behave themselves now!

This fellow had the right idea! Kill the damn thing if it refuses to work! Kill it so it can't breed, then drown it in acid, then bury it, dig it up again, flame thrower it, run it over with a steam road roller, then shoot with a howitzer the bloody useless lump of hateful, spiteful, arrogant lump of technology so it will never, never ever again tell you it refuses to accept a flaming disc, won't run a bloody program you damn well know works all because computers are a pain in the.... :whistle:

Oh, beg your pardon. I seem to have gone all over angry due to previous issues suffered by a PC. Don't know what came over me.... :no:

Edited by Shayde
  • Like 4

I have problems and want to "destroy" my computer but I usually hold back. Because I know I'll regret it. =/ I hope the guy learns his lesson. Hopefully he'll hire a geek to fix it or walk away and come back later?

• Like 1

Changing to Windows is really something I regret the most. It is not so friendly with me. I guess not only with me because a lot has been commenting negatively on it. I wish I did not have to change. Using it is such a struggle.

• Like 1

I have a Galaxy S4 I'm fixin to hand down the same judgment to

• Like 1

I have problems and want to "destroy" my computer but I usually hold back. Because I know I'll regret it. =/ I hope the guy learns his lesson. Hopefully he'll hire a geek to fix it or walk away and come back later?

Yes, no argument there. That is the adult and calm way of dealing it.

But despite that, do you know how many customers, I kind of joke with, that I remark about actually rebooting my computer. I think I give them the mental image of me booting my puter into the parking lot. They laugh, because I come across as meaning it. ;)

Plus, I talk back to it, respond to it when it beeps, squeals, and whines. I then tell the customers it is unnecessarily yelling at me.

I digress. I see said individual in the OP showing no mercy while in the midst of his frustrations. Puters are not our friends!!!! *grrrrrrr*

Again.................... I digress. :devil:

When I received a new computer for Christmas 2 years ago I was first introduced to 8.0 I had to actually get tech help to figure it out and he kept saying - it's just like a smart phone - I wanted to say "an den"? I had never used a smart phone at that point either! I swore off Microsoft at that point. Next computer I buy will be an Apple. If I have to go to school to use it I might as well do it up right!

I took a fire axe to my old computer in the parking lot of my apartment. A fellow resident came out on the balcony across from my unit and cheered me on. It was a good feeling to destroy that old piece of crap...