Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Embryonic Twin' Inside Woman's Brain

She-ra

It was worrying: the young woman started having difficulty comprehending things she read and heard, and when many people were speaking in a room at once, she found it hard to understand what was happening.

Doctors soon discovered a tumor in her brain. But when she underwent surgery, the surgeon found something startling. The tumor was actually the woman's "embryonic twin."

Read more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/22/embryonic-twin-brain-tumor-yamini-karanam_n_7114898.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

Wow!! That's just...no words, I have no words at all for this... crazy!! :o

• Like 2

No. No. No.

• Like 2

Wow! Thats sick! and so awesome....it had bones and hair! grosssssssss!!

• Like 1

Could you imagine being this woman? Oh yes, the headaches...things are hard to understand? Oh we found an embryo in your brain...that's all... :unsure2:

• Like 1

I came across this article today regarding the "embryonic twin":

Although these tumorsicon1.png can originate during embryonic development, they aren't embryos, and they are not a person's "twin." They arise from germ cells, which are the cells that go on to later develop into a person's gametes (such as sperm and eggs). At early states, germ cells have the ability to turn into any cell in the body.

This article goes on to say this should not be called a *twin* and elaborates on why. Read more here: http://www.livescience.com/50600-embryonic-twin-teratoma.html

• Like 1

I remember an old That's Incredible episode about a man who had a headache and went to a doctor and lo and behold, his twin had been growing inside his brain his whole life. I just looked it up and apparently that was bunk, as noted by this article here:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1314&dat=19801231&id=ScopAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Xe4DAAAAIBAJ&pg=2541,6829326&hl=en

But apparently this CAN be thing after all, so ... interesting.

• Like 1

That is horribly disgusting, but no wonder she was having difficulty concentrating.

• Like 1

Could you imagine being this woman? Oh yes, the headaches...things are hard to understand? Oh we found an embryo in your brain...that's all... :unsure2:

I couldn't imagine being the surgeon.

• Like 1

"Open your mind Quaid" -Kuato