Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Americans held by, working w/ al-Qaida killed

She-ra

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House says U.S. counterterrorism operations killed American and Italian hostages held by al-Qaida, as well as two Americans who were working with the terror organization.

It says the U.S. recently concluded that American Warren Weinstein and Italian national Giovanni Lo Porto, hostages held by al Qaida, were killed in a January operation in a border region of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

The White House says it also believes two other Americans were recently killed in a counterterrorism operation in the same region.

The White House believes that Ahmed Farouq, an American who was an al-Qaida leader, was killed in the same January operation that resulted in the hostages' deaths. And it has also concluded that American Adam Gadahn was likely killed in a separate U.S. mission.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a6f3732eb1994b4db56a84885210a1f5/white-house-americans-held-working-al-qaida-killed

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thanato

• aztek

• She-ra

• Rafterman

It is war. People die in wars. Plenty of innocent people died in WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the US Civil War, the Spanish Civil War, the American Revolution, the War of the Roses, War on drugs, and any other war you care to name. I think the least number of innocents killed might be in the six-day war, just because it was so short.

It is war. People die in wars. Plenty of innocent people died in WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the US Civil War, the Spanish Civil War, the American Revolution, the War of the Roses, War on drugs, and any other war you care to name. I think the least number of innocents killed might be in the six-day war, just because it was so short.

......perpetual war... etc. yadda yadda yadda

......perpetual war... etc. yadda yadda yadda

You're right. Next time we will let the evil win without lifting a finger. ;)

Unfortunate but the strike didn't kill them, thier captors did.

it did.

President Obama personally took responsibility Thursday for the death of an American and an Italian hostage killed in a U.S. counter-terrorism operation in January, but his words appear to be little comfort to the family of the American, who said the U.S. government as a whole has been "inconsistent and disappointing" for years in their time of need.

Weinstein was killed along with Italian aid worker Giovanni Lo Porto in a CIA drone strike in mid-January in Pakistan's tribal area, a U.S. official told ABC News Thursday.

"I want to express our grief and condolences for the families of two hostages," Obama said Thursday from the White House briefing room, noting that at the time, the U.S. believed no civilians were present at the site.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=30550713

Edited by aztek

it did.

President Obama personally took responsibility Thursday for the death of an American and an Italian hostage killed in a U.S. counter-terrorism operation in January, but his words appear to be little comfort to the family of the American, who said the U.S. government as a whole has been "inconsistent and disappointing" for years in their time of need.

Weinstein was killed along with Italian aid worker Giovanni Lo Porto in a CIA drone strike in mid-January in Pakistan's tribal area, a U.S. official told ABC News Thursday.

"I want to express our grief and condolences for the families of two hostages," Obama said Thursday from the White House briefing room, noting that at the time, the U.S. believed no civilians were present at the site.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=30550713

I understand te explosion physically killed them, but they wouldn't be dead if they had not been taken hostage. I lay more blame of the deaths on the captors then on the drone 'pilot'