Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The ghosts of St. Michael's Mount

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:43 PM

news icon rGiant killers, angels and ghosts are just part of the charm of St Michael's Mount, writes David Wilson. In England, if you head for the Cornish coast, five kilometres east of the town of Penzance, you will find what enthusiasts call the jewel of Cornwall: St Michael's Mount.

This 8.5-hectare island is small enough to take in easily, but also dramatic, thanks to the castle perched on top.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: theage.com.au

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Great Big Sea

Great Big Sea

Poltergeist

• 2,459 posts

• We should respect a person not because who they are, but what they do with their life, is the way they earn our respect.

Posted 27 November 2004 - 07:24 PM

Even by the standards of immortals, St Michael has a dazzling resumé. He supposedly works against temptation and on behalf of ambulance drivers, artists, bakers, bankers, boatmen, medical technicians, paratroopers and paramedics. He also moonlights for Spanish cops, sailors and radiotherapists, among others. In his spare time, he lobbies for Texas, Florida and, of course, Cornwall (and you thought you were busy).
Funny. tongue.gif

Wish there was more ghosts in this one today that's why I clicked on the link.

"This is probably the strangest position I've been in on this show." Adam Savage.

"Notice how he says "On this Show." Kari Byron

Mythbusters.

#3    wonkydog

wonkydog

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE(Rommie @ Nov 27 2004, 08:24 PM)
Even by the standards of immortals, St Michael has a dazzling resumé. He supposedly works against temptation and on behalf of ambulance drivers, artists, bakers, bankers, boatmen, medical technicians, paratroopers and paramedics. He also moonlights for Spanish cops, sailors and radiotherapists, among others. In his spare time, he lobbies for Texas, Florida and, of course, Cornwall (and you thought you were busy).
Funny. tongue.gif

Wish there was more ghosts in this one today that's why I clicked on the link.

View Post

I used to work as a guide on St Michael's Mount when I was a student. A long time ago. I used to have my lunch on my own in a little room just off the hall. I used to quite like it in there and couldn't wait to eat my sandwiches in that little room overlooking the sea. And then I was told it was haunted, and there had been poltergeist activity in there. Suddenly I didn't look forward to my lunchbreak any more. But I never did see or feel anything paranormal in all my time there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users