Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Planets n' Our Lives

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Dr.Brain

Dr.Brain

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 03:12 AM

Here I am  dry.gif                                                  

#17    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 27 March 2003 - 09:39 AM

bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gifYEAY bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif

Its sooo lovely to see your friendly frowning face again  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

Oh yes that is a funky new avatar  cool.gif                                                  

Edited by Halo_Jones, 27 March 2003 - 09:40 AM.

#18    Space Moose

Space Moose

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 10:15 AM

If it is of your opinion that Saturn can block light from our sun from reaching this planet, perhaps you would be interested in a business proposition I have involving the former head-of-state in Nigeria.

On a more serious side however, the various celestial bodies do have an impact on our lives.  The moon of course causes the tides to come and go and the occasional eclipse can cause darkness during the middle of the day.  Perhaps this is what you were thinking of.

Other planets themselves really only contribute a minor gravitational pull on us and of course there is the possibility of life coming from one of them to our planet to check things out.  Even at that, you can live your entire life without ever knowing that other even exist and still enjoy a full and happy life.

Other planets are perhaps most important to us in terms of society and its technology.  For many, many, centuries humans (by that I mean Homo homo sapiens, we cannot be sure about other species) have used the planets as part of religion and mythology.   Planets have driven us to develop (or refine or at the very least use) mathematics, and we have more recently sunk billions into exploring other planets through long range space probes and earth-based telescopes.

I hope this helps with a greater understanding of why planets are important.  

#19    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 10:42 AM

and for the other side of the topic HERE'Sa link to a page with information on the way I garden. smile.gif                                                  

#20    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 03:11 PM

welcome back, Brain  biggrin.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#21    Isanguard

Isanguard

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 137 posts

• Yesterday is history,Tommorow is mystery,Today is gift

Posted 27 March 2003 - 07:23 PM

welcome back brain and where is ur buddy pinky  tongue.gif
u two are the coolest team--->pinky and the brain laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif                                                  

"Life is infinitely strange than anything which the mind of man could ivent."          

~ Sherlock Holmes ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users