Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Neil Tyson's 'StarTalk' Turns TV Talk Shows

She-ra

There's no absolute up or down in space, and plenty of celestial places where the physics of the extreme turns common sense inside out.

It makes a lot of sense, then, that television's only science talk show — hosted by astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson — should try to disrupt and distort the conventional fabric of the media universe. But will "StarTalk" TV achieve stable orbit?

Read more here: http://www.livescien...e-night-tv.html

Has anyone watched this show??

Neil Tyson knows this. His ideal guests are those with strong, colorful opinions viewable through the lens of science, but you have to already know their names. What if you found out that your favorite big-league celebrity is a closet science junkie? As host, Tyson's balancing act will be between probing the personalities for science sensibilities without getting too personal, lest "StarTalk" turn into "star-stalk." We asked Neil whom he wants most on the show

Forget what you think you know about Carlos Irwin Estévez — aka Charlie Sheen — who visited Neil's office on a trip to the American Museum of Natural History in New York. Sheen grilled his host for half an hour "about the Big Bang; about black holes, curved space, curved time," Tyson reported. "This is a side of Charlie Sheen I don't think people know! Did he have some science teacher he really liked? Is this a hidden interest of his? And he wouldn't be the cool, bad kid if people knew that he loved reading about astrophysics?" Though he's yet to book the man, Tyson is keen to do a "StarTalk" with Sheen.

Here's another article on the show that started April 20th:

http://www.fastcocreate.com/3045459/neil-degrasse-tyson-stomps-the-notion-of-left-right-brain-salutes-jon-stewart-and-explains-t

Edited by She-ra

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• She-ra

• aquatus1

Popular Days

I would love to see this, with celebrities as contributing scientific narrators, not just as straight men for Tyson.

• Like 1

I set my DVR to record this show. Some cool guests coming on. I set it to record the shows that have already aired too (repeats and first run). I think this will be very interesting :yes: