Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant asteroid to safely miss the Earth today

UM-Bot

Media reports of a close shave with a mile-wide asteroid have thankfully turned out to be exaggerated.

Known as asteroid 1999 FN53, the sizable space rock had been generating concern in recent weeks thanks to erroneous news stories claiming that it had been "worrying astronomers" and that it was going to "skim the Earth" later on today.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...the-earth-today

Too bad it missed, hopefully another one is on its way. The supposedly intelligent carbon-based lifeforms haven't worked out very well for this planet. Wars, global warming, 24/7 techno-stupor, mad rampant comsumerism, famine, etc.

Aw man... what am I supposed to stand on the street corner and holler at people about now?

Too bad it missed, hopefully another one is on its way. The supposedly intelligent carbon-based lifeforms haven't worked out very well for this planet. Wars, global warming, 24/7 techno-stupor, mad rampant comsumerism, famine, etc.

You could start with yourself.
  • Like 6

Those supposedly intelligent lifeforms managed to come up with the computer that you used to make that post and the network that made the rest of the world able see what a jolly fellow you are. :no:

• Like 2

Complains about 24/7 techno stupor on the internet... We have a genius!

• Like 2

Known as asteroid 1999 FN53, the sizable space rock had been generating concern in recent weeks thanks to erroneous news stories claiming that it had been "worrying astronomers" and that it was going to "skim the Earth" later on today.

I didn't even know of the existence of this rock until reading it on UM front page.

• Like 1

Giant asteroid to safely miss the Earth today? What? :blink: I missed that memo!!

It's just a matter of time, my friends - it's just a matter of time. I hope the scientists come up with a way to prevent the worst-case scenario soon because these objects are whizzing around everywhere up there and not all of them have been detected, of course. I guess it will be a case of firing nukes to knock them off course. So, they need to put in place such rockets and nukes. I hope it all works out.

Those supposedly intelligent lifeforms managed to come up with the computer that you used to make that post and the network that made the rest of the world able see what a jolly fellow you are. :no:

True, but also, collectively, that intelligence has a 'blind eye' for many things which are happening every day, every hour. While some of us use internet, some others are scared for their lives. Children die from hunger while some highly intelligent people are booking flights where they pay 3k$ for one meal during flight. Some of highly intelligent people take a spoon of caviar which is worth as much as village in Africa spend on food for a week, or even month... Syria, Libya, Palestine... What are children doing in that countries right now? How many people do care?

Care, compassion, desire to help to those in need without making millions of excuses for not helping... That is where this world is loosing greatly, while even donkey care for his goat friend.

Of course, thankfully, asteroid 'missed' us but it is true that only by feeling disasters on their own skin people do start to feel for others, before that it's just a ' blind eye ', and reasons why we should not help. Most recently we can hear '' they asked for it, they got it, it is their parents who are to blame... '' etc.

True, but also, collectively, that intelligence has a 'blind eye' for many things which are happening every day, every hour. While some of us use internet, some others are scared for their lives. Children die from hunger while some highly intelligent people are booking flights where they pay 3k$ for one meal during flight. Some of highly intelligent people take a spoon of caviar which is worth as much as village in Africa spend on food for a week, or even month... Syria, Libya, Palestine... What are children doing in that countries right now? How many people do care?

Isn't it great you can use your money how you want, such as (I assume) purchasing a computer/internet and criticizing others for how they spend their money?
Care, compassion, desire to help to those in need without making millions of excuses for not helping... That is where this world is loosing greatly, while even donkey care for his goat friend.
And a million more brilliant solutions from people who can barely help themselves. We all have our delusions.

Of course, thankfully, asteroid 'missed' us but it is true that only by feeling disasters on their own skin people do start to feel for others, before that it's just a ' blind eye ', and reasons why we should not help. Most recently we can hear '' they asked for it, they got it, it is their parents who are to blame... '' etc.

Sure we aren't perfect, but it was the whole "humans are stupid and deserve to die" comment I took offence at.

HA!!! I wonder how many Doomtards sold hier homes and uprooted the family to some dank, mold covered rat-hole in the hills.