Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do I feel like I belong

Nix84

Hi there,

I live 20 mins outside the city, in the suburbs, but I go to town a lot. It has happened to me a lot, over the past few years that whenever I'm in town I get this cozy feeling like I belong there almost like it is home? At first I thought it was just because I have happy memories of going out and working in the city but then I've had those same experiences in another town but I don't get the same feeling when I return there.

It's a silly question really but I've never been this drawn to a place and I was just wondering if there was perhaps some explanation for it other than me being slightly nuts :w00t:

because I have happy memories of going out and working in the city

Probably this right here. I suppose it's one of your first pleasant experiences in the city. So you feel more at home there.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to UM...

You observation might be somewhat akin to the phenomena that a lot of sports fans get... They tend to root for the nearest "Big league" team... Perhaps because the city is near to you, and you visit it frequently, you feel

"attached" to it.. You identify with it and are a "fan" of it...

Or perhaps it's something else entirely....

• Like 2

Hi there,

I live 20 mins outside the city, in the suburbs, but I go to town a lot. It has happened to me a lot, over the past few years that whenever I'm in town I get this cozy feeling like I belong there almost like it is home? At first I thought it was just because I have happy memories of going out and working in the city but then I've had those same experiences in another town but I don't get the same feeling when I return there.

It's a silly question really but I've never been this drawn to a place and I was just wondering if there was perhaps some explanation for it other than me being slightly nuts :w00t:

I had a similar thing happen to me.

We moved to a small town in AZ.

Everywhere I went people looked familiar.

I mean they were dead ringers of people I have known throughout my life.

It was "Deja-vu all over again" as Yogi Berra once said.

To tell you the truth, it was a little freaky. After a while I got over it for some reason.

I don't know if the human mind sees things it wants to see or what.

I've also had feelings of reincarnation, but that might be another topic.

Ah thank you Taun, what do you mean something else entirely?

I meant that it is entirely possible that I was totally wrong and had no idea what I was talking about (however unlikely that may seem to everyone else :whistle: )

Any advice a person gets on-line should be taken with caution - and a healthy grain of salt... We are just casual observers of other peoples lives - even more removed

by means of only knowing a persons on-line personality... The vast majority of us mean well - and may actually give sound advice - but weigh any advice you get carefully...

• Like 1

Haha thank you just thought perhaps you had another theory. I'm so curious it's the strangest thing!

• Like 1

Haha thank you just thought perhaps you had another theory. I'm so curious it's the strangest thing!

It may seem strange to you, but is very common. You relate, like, feel safe and welcome there...you do not get the same feeling in another town because.....its not this Town.

Do not confuse yourself with anything other than how humans feel and react in certain areas, its nothing spiritual....just you being human with natural feelings when in certain environments.

Hi there,

it could be that being in a town is more mentally wired into use there days,almost taboo to live in the woods

it could be that being in a town is more mentally wired into use there days,almost taboo to live in the woods

Lol, the suburbs does not mean living in the woods.

• Like 1

I lived in L.A: for one year and I felt like I don't belong there, the feeling was so strong that I almost went crazy, so I moved away back to the city, where I lived before, and which I don't like so much, but at least I don't have "that" feeling there... so I guess it might be intuition.

Edited by hellwyr

You probably just enjoy cities and the press of high population centres. It's not that uncommon. Good for you for finding a homey space.

• Like 1