Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biker Shootout In Waco

susieice

At least 9 are dead and more injured in a shootout between biker gangs Sunday afternoon in Waco, Texas. Police have the area cordoned off and were evacuating the mall where the restaurants are located. Reports are that more bikers are gathering at a local truck stop. The public is being asked to stay away from the area.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Waco-Shooting-Near-Twin-Peaks-In-Waco-304043711.html

• Like 6

Its all over the news here! 9 dead and 16 injured. Police are warning people to stay away from the area!

Edited by KariW
  • Like 5

Are you freaking kidding me?! I hope these people don't get away with this! Unbelievable.

• Like 3

Not sure what to say about this. :unsure2:

Anyone know more about the history behind the gangs?

• Like 5

I have no idea if this is true or not as this news story is just breaking: But it was reported there had been some minor conflicts between these gangs at this restaurant before, and that police were aware of the bad blood between the gangs.

Edited by KariW
  • Like 5

Not sure what to say about this. :unsure2:

Anyone know more about the history behind the gangs?

I could guess, but until the facts are known I shouldn't speculate.

My wife and I know that area.

• Like 4

(insert wry comment here from this disgusted Texan about Gub'ner Abbot and his pandering to the People Who Love Guns.)

• Like 4

You are wise ZZ. :tu:

• Like 3

As long as our good Governor, panders to the People Who Love Liberty, I'll support him! :clap:

• Like 9

That is just crazy putting people's lives in danger like this. Glad only bikers were killed.

I hope they don't have a repeat at the truck stop.

• Like 4

I have no idea if this is true or not as this news story is just breaking: But it was reported there had been some minor conflicts between these gangs at this restaurant before, and that police were aware of the bad blood between the gangs.

I also saw somewhere that the police had talked to the owners of this restaurant ( I think the name of it was Twin Peaks) because there were scuffles on a biker's night they hold there.

• Like 3

(insert wry comment here from this disgusted Texan about Gub'ner Abbot and his pandering to the People Who Love Guns.)

From what I heard, police confiscated knives, chains, clubs, a veritable arsenal of weapons.

• Like 3

I also saw somewhere that the police had talked to the owners of this restaurant ( I think the name of it was Twin Peaks) because there were scuffles on a biker's night they hold there.

I know the news channel we listen to, reported that the cops were on site before the shooting began.

• Like 4

Its all over the news here! 9 dead and 16 injured. Police are warning people to stay away from the area!

You aren't near there are you?!?!?!?!?!

• Like 3

You aren't near there are you?!?!?!?!?!

Not now but we used to live there She-ra.

It's a big city to us.

• Like 4

Do you know which gangs they were in? :unsure2:

• Like 3

Do you know which gangs they were in? :unsure2:

(Going to PM)

• Like 2

Philly news reported tonight that 5 different gangs were involved and that the police knew they were going to have this meeting there. They had talked to the restaurant owners, who refused to stop it from taking place. It supposedly started in a bathroom and moved through the restaurant into the parking lot. Something about recruitment of new members and territory from what I understood.

• Like 3

Well, Branch Davidians, Bikers, I guess it is time for the city council to "slightly" change the name by adding a "k".....

News today said over 200 are in custody and reports are coming in that bikers from across the country are on their way in. Police don't think this is over yet. Hope people take care and listen to the authorities.

• Like 3

Aw c'mon. Let the kids play. Who cares if they shoot each other they sound like they're pretty good shots and careful enough not to shoot uninvolved people. They're probably all really enthusiastic Son's of Anarchy fans.

and some people still insist they are clubs, not gangs,

Anyone who says that is an idiot. Yes, there are biker clubs and there most certainly are biker gangs.

• Like 5