Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient structures in America

jakesteele

Hi, I'm mainly a lurker, but I was watching Ancient Aliens on History and they showed an incredible temple built on top of a mesa in the southwest and they said the name 'sageria' or something like that. There are paintings where the people depicted have a distinctly Asian look. Does anybody know what I'm referencing?

• Like 1

You've watched Ancient Aliens?

Well there's your problem ;)

• Like 6

Now, I do seem to recall stories about Columbus seeing structures that reminded him of Mosques/Middle Eastern buildings.

Sadly, given my reading is eclectic and does feature a small library of the children of The Chariots variety....

• Like 1

Now, I do seem to recall stories about Columbus seeing structures that reminded him of Mosques/Middle Eastern buildings.

Sadly, given my reading is eclectic and does feature a small library of the children of The Chariots variety....

Chariots of the Gods? - Always a good read! :tu:

Edited by KariW

Hi, I'm mainly a lurker, but I was watching Ancient Aliens on History and they showed an incredible temple built on top of a mesa in the southwest and they said the name 'sageria' or something like that. There are paintings where the people depicted have a distinctly Asian look. Does anybody know what I'm referencing?

Given that several founding populations in North and South America arrived from Asia, it is not surprising that Asian characteristics are found within those populations.

Harte

• Like 2

Since the pre columbian population of North America numbered in the millions before the great dying brought on by the introduction of old world diseases, ruins of past cultures were encountered everyehere. Most have now been plowed under or built over.

• Like 4

Chariots of the Gods? - Always a good read! :tu:

I've never seen toilet paper spelled "good read" before. Must be some intriguing local dialect thing.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 7

I've never seen toilet paper spelled "good read" before. Must be some intriguing local dialect thing.

--Jaylemurph

To thick to make quality toilet paper though... and not being on a roll does not help either....

• Like 1

I have to say that some years ago I made the spur of the moment decision to go fishing and camping. Being out of kindling and fire starter and not having any newspapers about I needed to sacrifice a book or two - yep a few fringe books filled the need and one was Chariots. It burned well.

• Like 2

I have to say that some years ago I made the spur of the moment decision to go fishing and camping. Being out of kindling and fire starter and not having any newspapers about I needed to sacrifice a book or two - yep a few fringe books filled the need and one was Chariots. It burned well.

of course it did, as we all know, bull leavings burn really well.

• Like 2

Yahoo, I finally found it. I was mistaken about it being in America...it's actually in Sri Lanka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigiriya.

interesting, and beautiful, place jakesteele.. ( I googled up a little history on it.)

Yahoo, I finally found it. I was mistaken about it being in America...it's actually in Sri Lanka.

Whaaat ? Asian looking people in Sri Lanka !

What will ancient aliens come up with next !

> " The page "Sigiriya." does not exist. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search/Sigiriya. ???

• Like 1

ooops, hit the wrong button

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigiriya.

Quick, buy a GPS unit! :D

Actually, there is some thought of a Japanese-Zuni (Amerindian) connection, but not everyone is convinced. https://duckduckgo.c...zuni&t=palemoon

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

Its a great place and I can recommend that it is well worth a journey there. I was there two days before the Tsunamis his the island.

An interesting tidbit on it 'finding'.

By 1815 the island was annexed into the British Empire. In 1827, a young British army officer named Jonathan Forbes arrived for duty in Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and was "immediately attracted to the jungle by the novelty of elephant shooting." Forbes had befriended George Turnour, a British Civil Servant, who had been deciphering ancient Sri Lankan chronicles. As a consequence he was well aware of the fact that a lost city lay buried in the forests. While on an elephant shoot in 1831 Forbes stumbled upon the ruins of Sigiriya.

Forbes describes how he and his companions ventured through the thick undergrowth and clambered up the dislodged steps of a series of winding stairs that zigzagged up the side of the rock and onto a walled gallery (the Mirror Wall). They proceeded along this gallery for about a hundred meters before, giddy from heat and exhaustion, they were forced to withdraw. Forbes returned in 1833 to continue his exploration of the site, noting that the projecting rock above the galley "had been painted in bright colors."The of course were what was left of the Sigiriya Frescoes. Serious excavation of the site commenced in 1895. The photograph on the right shows the area near the Lion Staircase after initial clearing of the site. (The Lion Staircase was still buried under the debris in this photograph).

Quick, buy a GPS unit! :D

Actually, there is some thought of a Japanese-Zuni (Amerindian) connection, but not everyone is convinced. https://duckduckgo.c...zuni&t=palemoon

There also for some time a consideration that the Japanese influence a tribe in present day Ecuador. This idea was championed by the American archaeologist B. Meggers

http://apps.ohiohistory.org/ohioarchaeology/did-japanese-fishermen-discover-america-5000-years-ago/

Here's the quote the claim originates from:

Remarking on the position of the river and port, to which he gave the name of San Salvador, he describes its mountains as lofty and beautiful, like the Pena de las Enamoradas, and one of them has another little hill on its summit, like a graceful mosque. The other river and port, in which he now was, has two round mountains to the S.W., and a fine low cape running out to the W.S.W.

It's from the journal of his first voyage: Christopher Columbus 1451-1506 Bartolome de Las Casasc.1490-1558

He's describing the shape of a hill, not an actual mosque.

• Like 3

A couple of questions. Why the hell would you have that with you? And, why would you consider that a sacrifice?

interesting, and beautiful, place jakesteele.. ( I googled up a little history on it.)

Nice boobs.

Harte

--Jaylemurph

ROTFLMAO! Ain't that the truth! :lol:

Total BS, but still interesting!

Edited by KariW

Nice boobs.

Harte

Moved on from Vergina have we?

Moved on from Vergina have we?

Hey, I'm well-rounded.

Harte

• Like 1

Nice boobs.

Harte

Who exactly has nice boobs?

Look at me, asking this. And I used to be such a pure and innocent Moderator. You people have totally corrupted me.

I myself am not well rounded.

Vergina.

• Like 2