Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can remote viewing predict stock prices ?

UM-Bot

A new experiment is set to test the effectiveness of remote viewing and precognitive dreaming.

The crowdfunded research effort, which aims to compare various unorthodox methods of predicting the stock market, is headed up by Professor Garret Moddel of the University of Colorado–Boulder and Dr. Julia Mossbridge of Northwestern University’s psychology department.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/281944/can-remote-viewing-predict-stock-prices

No.

• Like 4

No.

"Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

Betteridge's Law of Headlines is a thing of the past I guess.

I'll just have a look for you... :whistle::innocent:

Result!! and for a small fee I will tell you... :clap:

• Like 1

If it could programmer, system analyst and economist would not be very employable at Wall Street.

• Like 1

I'd ask the sister question: Are all rich people remote viewers?

• Like 1

My wife is always right also.

She says, "Am I right?"

And I say, "Yes dear."

It all depends on how a "hit" is defined. In the remote viewing I've seen a remote viewer attempted to claim that rhythmic and musical was a perfect description of a tornado.

Will the test be set up so that anyone can see that the results are decidable?

Will the test be set up so that the viewers cannot fall back on their usual excuses such as they happened to view an alternative universe?

• Like 1

I doubt a quantum computer could accurately predict,, as there are too many variables and we don't know all of them, for all we know when we have a bad crop of apples in a particular small farm in France, Apple shares dropp by 0.5%

Edited by godnodog

Obviously, by simple chance and the usual spread of coincidences, one 'method' will be a clear winner. If they have enough methods, then chances are that the winner's performance will be impressive... to someone who doesn't understand statistics and probability. I'd like to see all the controls they use, the nature of the analysis they apply, and also the repeated tests that show (or not..) that there really is one winning method... Me, I'd say the method will probably be - having a good knowledge of the market....

BTW, I thought I recognised one of the names, and I did. Julia Mossbridge is a member of ... the Institute of Noetic Sciences!!!! Woohhoooo, there's cred for you... </sarcasm> They are one of the organisations on Quackwatch's list... and the inimitable Dean Radin is also a member... When it comes to awful, biased, ridiculous and subjective experiments designed to give positive results, these folks are the masters of bad science...

Go on, ask me what I really think... :td: :td:

I'd recommend anyone taking this seriously look VERY carefully at how the experiments are setup. If past experience is anything to go by, OBjectivity will be out the window, and SUBjectivity will rule....

But I'll grant you this, crowdfunding is a brilliant idea! There's no end of gullible people being born every minute who will lap this up, and given she won't get funding from the mainstream, then why not! (a bit more sarcasm....)

• Like 1

Not remotely possible. (couldn't resist) If this were possible, wouldn't investment companies have known the derivatives market was going to crash, and maybe not have needed to be saved from insolvency by the taxpayers a few years back?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can a psychic give me winning lottery numbers?

Ha! If they could, would you think that 1) they would share that info, or 2) more of them would actually be winning lotteries?

No such thing as psychics, unless they actually enjoy tricking dumb people out of money instead of winning the big one. Guess if that's true, they couldn't be blamed for being lazy, could they?

I clicked on the crowd funding and it seems they cut their financial needs in half and now claim to be 105% funded at $26,000. I guess it became abundantly clear that the crowd was not going to pony up the 50K. Any money left over is going to be donated to the Seva foundation, which treats blindness.

There are labs notes on some of the sites but all are restricted to donors.