Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird...

lovewithcautionnn

So a few months ago my brother in law's niece committed suicide,

a few months before that i had given her some clothes that i didn't want anymore or that i didn't fit,

last night i opened my drawer and right at the top was one of the shirts i gave to her, i had opened that same drawer maybe an hour before that and it wasn't there,

i hadn't seen that shirt since the day i put in the bag to send to her, i'm 100% positive i gave it to her, how did it get back to my house into my drawer?

I know some people will think that this can't be real, but i know i gave it to her, i put it into the bag myself!

When i pulled it out of the drawer i froze cause i know it wasn't in there an hour before, no one would put it in there cause it wasn't even here in the first place.

I put it up to my nose and took a sniff, my heart dropped, it smelled like smudge, burning wood, and a herbal medicine. None of my clothes smelled like that.

Just thought i'd share, it's weird!

• Like 5

That's a good one.

Thanks for sharing.

Very sorry to hear about your families loss.

My family has had some similar stories about loved ones with "unfinished business", but nothing like actual objects turning up.

I wish i could be of more help.

• Like 1

My brother in-law's parents had a similar experience when their oldest son passed away they buried him with the fathers champion belt buckle and he had his sons name engraved on the back, that same belt buckle appeared in a dresser at their house a few years ago after their deceased sons birthday.

It's so weird, how can things like this happen?

I keep thinking about it.

• Like 1

Wow that's pretty freaky :/

So sorry about your loss.

• Like 1

Well these certainly do sound very weird. But as this is the internet and these are being told to us without us knowing anything else bar what you have said, it is going to be practically impossible to find the answer without speculating, and that speculation will be based on hearsay and no facts.

But good luck anyway, just do not believe all the theories which may get dragged out, keep logic ahead of fantasy.

• Like 1

Well these certainly do sound very weird. But as this is the internet and these are being told to us without us knowing anything else bar what you have said, it is going to be practically impossible to find the answer without speculating, and that speculation will be based on hearsay and no facts.

But good luck anyway, just do not believe all the theories which may get dragged out, keep logic ahead of fantasy.

Are you kidding me?? This proves my theory that when we die we actually move on to a fifth dimension!! Sorry now in all seriousness freetoroam has a very good point. If you want a true answer it's best to start scientific and rule out every possibility imaginable before considering the supernatural.

• Like 3

Are you kidding me?? This proves my theory that when we die we actually move on to a fifth dimension!! Sorry now in all seriousness freetoroam has a very good point. If you want a true answer it's best to start scientific and rule out every possibility imaginable before considering the supernatural.

Move to a 5th what? can i take my personal bits with me there, if not, I am staying put in this 1st dimension.

• Like 2

Move to a 5th what? can i take my personal bits with me there, if not, I am staying put in this 1st dimension.

Ok now try not to panic but we actually live in a 3d world so if your in the first dimension then I have just successfully contacted a sentient extra dimensional being!!!

• Like 3

Did someone mention The Fifth Dimension? http://youtu.be/oPK7ZF6jfJE

• Like 4

Ok now try not to panic but we actually live in a 3d world so if your in the first dimension then I have just successfully contacted a sentient extra dimensional being!!!

Me? a sentient extra dimensional being? :-* sounds impressive, what benefits does that give me as a errr....sentient extra dimensional being?

• Like 1

I know it happened, how did it happen? I don't know. I know I gave her that shirt and now it's back at my house, how did it get here? I don't know.

i can't think of any possible way it got here except for a living person bringing it back here, but no one did.

Guess I should stop questioning it, because I'll never know the answer..

It's weird but cool haha

Maybe she wants me to know she's around? I don't know.

• Like 1

I know it happened, how did it happen? I don't know. I know I gave her that shirt and now it's back at my house, how did it get here? I don't know.

i can't think of any possible way it got here except for a living person bringing it back here, but no one did.

It's weird but cool haha

Somethings will never be explained, in this case, if it can bring you some comfort from losing your brother in laws niece, then IMO its best to stick with the idea that she is with you in your heart. I will always believe my father is with me, there is nothing wrong with these feelings, its natural and makes it easier to continue within our own living years.

i wish you well, do not try to find an answer which is basically unexplained, just hold on to the memory and keep her close to your heart. Maybe one day you will find out how the shirt got there, maybe not, but take hold of the comfort side of this.

• Like 2

Could someone else have put it in your drawer?

If not then yes that is really mysterious. I guess spirits have a way of leaving messages to let us know they're still around.

I'm really sorry to hear of this loss.

• Like 1

Could someone else have put it in your drawer?

If not then yes that is really mysterious. I guess spirits have a way of leaving messages to let us know they're still around.

I'm really sorry to hear of this loss.

Ok I am going to slightly side step here...it would be logical to think that someone did put it in the drawer, maybe as a token of her memory.

As for spirits leaving a message, this i can not understand as to how this could happen. The shirt is a material, how could it be carried by a spirit without being seen? this would mean the shirt would be made to appear invisible or transported into another dimension and brought back to our world to be placed into the drawer...this is all far too sci fi fiction and if it can be done with a shirt, then that means that anything man made can be swept away into another world for transportation!!! Will never get my head round how that could be remotely possible.

• Like 1

I think the most obvious explanation is that someone put it there. Unless you were in the room/house the entire time, you can't really rule it out. Was the shirt a common colour or pattern? If so, you may have a second one. Or, maybe you're looking at a different shirt that you still own, but due to grief you are incorrectly remembering what the gifted one looked like. Grief can really mess someone up, after all, and a death in the family is always a bad time for everyone. As for spirits, I have to agree with Freetoroam; there is no evidence of spirits even existing, let alone moving stuff in the physical world. I'd aim for rational explanations before you start grasping for ghosts.

Is this the same neice you mentioned a while ago that talked to fairies? If so, it sounds like she had some un-resolved issues keeping her down. I'm sorry to hear that she's dead. Hopefully you'll find solace somewhere.

• Like 1

Ok I am going to slightly side step here...it would be logical to think that someone did put it in the drawer, maybe as a token of her memory.

As for spirits leaving a message, this i can not understand as to how this could happen. The shirt is a material, how could it be carried by a spirit without being seen? this would mean the shirt would be made to appear invisible or transported into another dimension and brought back to our world to be placed into the drawer...this is all far too sci fi fiction and if it can be done with a shirt, then that means that anything man made can be swept away into another world for transportation!!! Will never get my head round how that could be remotely possible.

Plenty of solid objects have mysteriously moved and moved by unseen forces.

You're making a load of assumptions about the spirits that they must be wispy and invisible. You mentioned "transportating" of objects similar to "Beam it up" Star Trek style. This isn't how spirits operate, and your view of the paranormal is too black and white. I wasn't even responding to you btw but asking OP a question.

You're making a load of assumptions about the spirits that they must be wispy and invisible. You mentioned "transportating" of objects similar to "Beam it up" Star Trek style. This isn't how spirits operate, and your view of the paranormal is too black and white. I wasn't even responding to you btw but asking OP a question.

Hold on for just a sec, you accuse another user for making assumptions but your understanding of how spirits operate is assumptions and guess work. Unless you have evidence that we can test and validate proving that spirits exist. Ask 10 ghost "experts" about spirits and you will get 10 different answers. Also gravity, wind, magnetism are all unseen forces that move objects that we can test and prove compared to the assumption of a spirit did it.

• Like 2

How can a "spirit" move a man made object, in this case a shirt, from one place to another without being seen during it transportation?

As for assumptions?? Shouldthisexist has explained that pretty well, as well as the unseen forces bit.

I apologize if I asked you a question, seemed to be an appropriate place to do it...on an forum where people debate things. :whistle:

• Like 3

It's weird but cool haha

I don't think we all will have all the answers in some mysteries that occur in our lives. I thank you for your sharing of your experience. (and my thoughts toward you for you loss as well). I feel I'll never explained the silver ring I found while staying at my brother in law's room at my inlaws. After asking everyone, including the first wife of brother in law, no one recognizes the ring. The house at the time was recently built with my inlaws the first residents. I have had various mysteries occur in my life, that hasn't been explained. Granted, I will think something extraordinary may happen, but I still have an urge for a mundane answer too. I know, the further times passes and there is not normal answer, it gets mind boggling.

I think there might be a mundane answer for your experience, but chalk me up to getting a little 'excited' at a possible paranormal reason. I think it's also a little comforting too if the one who passed is trying to communicate with you to not worry and such. And I'm not saying that that cannot possibly true, I'm just saying, there is still room for something like the immediate family probably retrieving after the loss and giving it back to your family, who one of them probably put it in your draw. Again, I'm saying possibly.

And Hammerclaw: Thank you! One, I was hoping someone would mention the fifth Dimensions, and I enjoyed that little musical 'escape time' (I just boogied in my chair) :w00t:

How can a "spirit" move a man made object, in this case a shirt, from one place to another without being seen during it transportation?

As for assumptions?? Shouldthisexist has explained that pretty well, as well as the unseen forces bit.

I apologize if I asked you a question, seemed to be an appropriate place to do it...on an forum where people debate things. :whistle:

Woops I thought some of these posts and forums were designed to help people and give personal insights and views. I'm not on here to argue with other people.

Why would anyone in her family bring it back and put it in my dresser?

I asked everyone who lives here if anyone put it there, they all said no, plus i know i gave to her.

I don't know how spirits could move man made objects, i find it impossible, the only way i can think of it getting here would be for a living human to bring it here but no one did.

I didn't have another shirt like it.

On Sunday when this happened i did my laundry, i folded my shirts and put them in my shirt drawer, it was about 9 pm when i went to open the drawer and this shirt was right at the top,

no one ever comes into my room to look in my dresser so I don't see why anyone would put it in there, if they wanted to give it back they would have given it to me.

My Sister told the girls family and she also asked if maybe they brought it back and they said no,

I have NO idea how this could be possible.

I can't find an explanation for the experience my sisters inlaws had either (about the boy being buried with a belt buckle and it ended up back at his parents house). The only way it would end up there is if someone dug up the grave, opened the casket and the wooden box that the casket is in and took out the belt buckle which was dirty when the parents found it (it wasn't dirty when they put in the casket), brought it to the parents house, and put it in the dresser.. which would be a cruel thing to do to the parents.

I don't know how this happened but it did.

Woops I thought some of these posts and forums were designed to help people and give personal insights and views. I'm not on here to argue with other people.

They are and can be very helpful. Just because the word doesn't answer the question the way you would like it to be answered doesn't make it any less helpful. If you didn't want your ideas discussed and debated then why post on a forum that does such?

• Like 3

what makes this place great is we get to see all sides and lots of different views. just because someone does not adhere to your point of view, is no reason for an argument to ensue.. I ask perfectly reasonable questions, you seemed to have an insight into how a spirit could move an object from one place to another without it being seen, so thats why i asked you....as it happens, you do not have this insight.....so if anyone else can answer, i would appreciate it. (please note: assumptions will not be accepted as proof)

Thankyou.

• Like 3

Why would anyone in her family bring it back and put it in my dresser?

I asked everyone who lives here if anyone put it there, they all said no, plus i know i gave to her.

I don't know how spirits could move man made objects, i find it impossible, the only way i can think of it getting here would be for a living human to bring it here but no one did.

I didn't have another shirt like it.

On Sunday when this happened i did my laundry, i folded my shirts and put them in my shirt drawer, it was about 9 pm when i went to open the drawer and this shirt was right at the top,

no one ever comes into my room to look in my dresser so I don't see why anyone would put it in there, if they wanted to give it back they would have given it to me.

My Sister told the girls family and she also asked if maybe they brought it back and they said no,

I have NO idea how this could be possible.

I can't find an explanation for the experience my sisters inlaws had either (about the boy being buried with a belt buckle and it ended up back at his parents house). The only way it would end up there is if someone dug up the grave, opened the casket and the wooden box that the casket is in and took out the belt buckle which was dirty when the parents found it (it wasn't dirty when they put in the casket), brought it to the parents house, and put it in the dresser.. which would be a cruel thing to do to the parents.

I don't know how this happened but it did.

I don't know why someone would bring it back, but that's kind of irrelevant. The unfortunate reality is that your family members lying to you, or you forgetting something, is one hundred percent more likely than anything magical taking place. This is because we know for a fact that humans are capable of deceit and forgetting things, and we have no evidence to support the existence of spirits, ghosts, or anything like that. I agree that something odd has happened, but going "I don't know how it happened, therefore it was ghosts" is just not a great thought process. I (mostly) believe that you're not making the story up, but without any reason to believe it, I also refuse to accept that anything supernatural happened. Again, I'm sorry that your niece died, and I hope you can recover from the trauma that you must be feeling.

• Like 2