Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Comet is coming

Justice please

What I wonder is why some folks are so keen on doomsday? We seem to get these doomsday predictions quite frequently.

• Like 1

Hello everyone I have read recently that a comet of 2.5 miles long will hit the Earth on September 15-28. I don't know much about this but I wrote Nasa and they told me nothing was coming. Do any of you know anythng about it?

https://www.youtube....h?v=A4c0NS4jLNA

Peace,

Justice

It's not a real comet. It is a made-up scenario used to train people on what to do if a real comet arrives. The only way it can do any damage is if you make up a scenario to go with it.

Doug

• Like 2

What I wonder is why some folks are so keen on doomsday? We seem to get these doomsday predictions quite frequently.

People always seem to figure they'll survive, or that everything bad will go away.

• Like 1

People always seem to figure they'll survive, or that everything bad will go away.

Thank you all for so many positive messages. It is true I don't know why people get kicks out of making someone feel so bad. Thank you all and take care.

• Like 1

Christians have been waiting for this for years, Jesus will be there at the final Barbecue and after that everything is gonna be just rosie.

Hello everyone I have read recently that a comet of 2.5 miles long will hit the Earth on September 15-28. I don't know much about this but I wrote Nasa and they told me nothing was coming. Do any of you know anythng about it?

Peace,

Justice

Hey, Justice, if you are still around, I'd love to know *how* it was that you came to read about this. Were you browsing youtube, if so, what were you searching for? If not and someone sent you this,. have you replied to them to tell them to stop spreading scary and false stories..?

Again with the comet? If there was a comet going to hit us so soon we'd already be able to see it with the naked eye. Even a 2.5 mile wide comet wouldn't be extinction level for humanity. A 2.5 mile wide asteroid though......

Edited by DieChecker

I am a NASA Asteroid Head.

Nothing is coming. JCPL has no record of a comet/asteroid coming to earth.

Even if it did, you'd know where to go. 2.5 mile wide asteroids usually break when they hit our atmosphere, or only effect 250 miles in every direction. Say it hit in Washington DC, if you lived in New York, or Indiana, or Ohio, you'd not be harmed. You'd not be harmed anyways if you didn't live in DC.

So, don't fear anything...I've gotten emails like this, and I could have been the one to reply to you. You'll be fine..

It's so annoying when we get asked this, I have to tell me teen and my husband everyday.

Again with the comet? If there was a comet going to hit us so soon we'd already be able to see it with the naked eye. Even a 2.5 mile wide comet wouldn't be extinction level for humanity. A 2.5 mile wide asteroid though......

An asteroid with 2.5 mile wide diameter wouldn't be catastrophic either. It'd only effect 2,500 miles in each direction. A comet? 250 miles in each direction. There would be nothing to worry about either way depending on where you lived. And, you'd have enough time to evacuate. If there's a serious issue, check our website. We'd have a lot of posts about it. (I work for NASA. I'm the head of Asteroid/Comet/Meteor research.)

I would wager that this will be the next doomsday scenario... gamma rays...

Check out this 2 minute video from NASA. Love it! :sk Can't believe they're being so provocative.

http://www.nasa.gov/...counter-in-2018

It is possible. But, it's not going to happen in our lifetimes. It's predicted to happen...almost 2,000 years from now. But not close enough to destroy Earth. The things we really need to be paying attention to, is the California drought. Are they going to be here in 100 something years? What happens when there's not going to be snowcaps on mountaintops thanks to climate change? Anyways, the government isn't the blame for the changes. A climate change is supposed to happen every 4 billion years, and we were due for one 4 years ago, about when it started. Nature's going to pound down hard this year, that's why Mid-Eastern U.S.A (where I live), has been getting so much rain. A 25% cut in water consumption in CA. Wow.

So, no worries. cx :clap:

Orson Welles eat your heart out! we got youtube today.

• Like 1

Who is throwing snowballs (comets )at us , these predictions happen at least 3 times per year..bohica

It is possible. But, it's not going to happen in our lifetimes. It's predicted to happen...almost 2,000 years from now. But not close enough to destroy Earth. The things we really need to be paying attention to, is the California drought. Are they going to be here in 100 something years? What happens when there's not going to be snowcaps on mountaintops thanks to climate change? Anyways, the government isn't the blame for the changes. A climate change is supposed to happen every 4 billion years, and we were due for one 4 years ago, about when it started. Nature's going to pound down hard this year, that's why Mid-Eastern U.S.A (where I live), has been getting so much rain. A 25% cut in water consumption in CA. Wow.

So, no worries. cx :clap:

Uhhhh... they said 2018. Are you thinking of the same gamma ray burst?

An asteroid with 2.5 mile wide diameter wouldn't be catastrophic either. It'd only effect 2,500 miles in each direction. A comet? 250 miles in each direction. There would be nothing to worry about either way depending on where you lived. And, you'd have enough time to evacuate. If there's a serious issue, check our website. We'd have a lot of posts about it. (I work for NASA. I'm the head of Asteroid/Comet/Meteor research.)

I think 2500 miles in every direction would be something to worry about. That's basically taking out a continent if it is hit.

Not to mention the Nuclear Winter like effect of all the dust and smoke thrown into the atmosphere. Being killed immediately may not be an issue for 80% to 90% of the worlds population but the after effects will wipe out most of those remaining, IMHO.

Many researchers estimate the asteroid that took out the dinosaurs at around 2.5 miles in diameter.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/04/080410-sea-meteorites.html

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

The effect of an impact reaches far beyond the immediate impact site. https://en.wikipedia...ki/Impact_event

As the head of NASA's Asteroid/Comet/Meteor research department I am surprised, and a little disappointed, that I have to tell you that. :whistle:

A climate change is supposed to happen every 4 billion years, and we were due for one 4 years ago, about when it started.

As the Earth is only about 4,5 billion years old, and it is supposed to happen every 4 billion years, shouldn't the next one be in 3,5 billion years ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3

Christians have been waiting for this for years, Jesus will be there at the final Barbecue and after that everything is gonna be just rosie.

As a christian myself, the thought of being part of the generation that is involved in the Rapture is an awesome thought. It would even be better than living during the time Christ walked on the Earth. Why wouldn't christian's be excited about the possibility of witnessing the Rapture ? As bad as things are on Earth right now, it's still an exciting time to be alive if you're a child of God (saved) !

The effect of an impact reaches far beyond the immediate impact site. https://en.wikipedia...ki/Impact_event

As the head of NASA's Asteroid/Comet/Meteor research department I am surprised, and a little disappointed, that I have to tell you that. :whistle:

As the Earth is only about 4,5 billion years old, and it is supposed to happen every 4 billion years, shouldn't the next one be in 3,5 billion years ?

As the police say when they pull you over..... We're going to need to see some ID. I think maybe Paradoxxial is making stuff up.... NO WAY!!...On the internet....

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

As the police say when they pull you over..... We're going to need to see some ID. I think maybe Paradoxxial is making stuff up.... NO WAY!!...On the internet....

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

As a christian myself, the thought of being part of the generation that is involved in the Rapture is an awesome thought. It would even be better than living during the time Christ walked on the Earth. Why wouldn't christian's be excited about the possibility of witnessing the Rapture ? As bad as things are on Earth right now, it's still an exciting time to be alive if you're a child of God (saved) !

:rolleyes: