Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Piazza San Marco -Meeting place?

historyjunkie

While the mona lisa is arguably Leonardo da vincis most famous painting...in the codex leiceister during his travels back and forth from Florence to Milan

could it be the Piazza San Marco is where he met this woman?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jaylemurph

• Jon101

• Kenemet

• historyjunkie

Popular Days

It would seem unlikely, Venice would be a considerable detour on the route between Milan and Florence. Moreover the codex was apparently written from 1506- 1510, while the commissioning, (and commencement at least), of Mona Lisa was in 1503.

Lisa del Giocondo, ( the subject of Mona lisa), was a woman who lived in a time when society in Italy was quite cloistered for women, and the painting was apparently commisioned by her husband- I imagine that Leonardo made a few detailed preliminary sketches of her in Florence and then never met her subsequently, and almost certainly never in private.

I am curious as to the reasons and the reasoning behind your query.

I am curious as to the reasons and the reasoning behind your query.

He is almost certainly making a cack-handed attempt to publicize what is equally certainly his self-published novel/ "mind-blowing new theory" "history" book.

As you point out, his basic unfamiliarity with the basics of period culture suggest this is not likely to be a /good/ book.

--Jaylemurph

Maybe he's going for time traveling cannibal trans-gender alien teenagers but I might be wrong

I'd like to be wrong, several suspicions prevail though.

1. She was an Alien/Ascended Master/Illuminati, (they haven't mentioned it to me though),/Time Traveller and the piazza is a vortex/nexus allowing travel betwixt dimensions/dementia.

2. Alchemy.

3. Harbringer of doom, possibly including one or all of the above, resulting in the encoding of 'Nollidge', that only the op has the ability to decode, hidden in Mona lisa

4. Fulcanelli.

And just in case - Draconic beings.

Edited by Jon101

If I'm not mistaken, Leonardo preferred males to females.

He did! He was especially given over to ginger twinks.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

Well, given that the wife of Francesco del Giocondo would surely not want her "affair" public I doubt there would have been any public meeting places... even if Leo would have been bi (because we know from his own writings that he had feelings for his own sex). So, no certainly not.