Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Confessions of a feminist psychic

UM-Bot

Kathleen Meadows: I am a self-proclaimed feminist psychic living in British Columbia Canada. I’ve read in tea rooms, women’s shows, privately and online. Like everywhere else you find readers, most of the diviners offering Tarot readings online are women. This well known, yet little understood fact has sat at the centre of my research for more than 30 years. I’ve observed it in person and now with the advent of online readers, the evidence continues to mount.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article
  • Like 1

First, we should distinguish between the psychic and the mystic. Psychics exercise their powers according to their own free will. Mystics have experiences originating from a higher source which is not under their control. A very few people may be both. Psychic abilities have always functioned on a short-term basis (days, weeks or months) to give persons the data to avoid physical injuries or emotional traumas. It was always good to see in advance what was on the other side of the mountain. Mystics may be seeing events happening centuries in the future. I believe that in the beginning men and women were equally psychic. Men were later inspired to follow the path of technology and critical thinking to solve problems and tame the environment. As a result, their psychic powers were lost much more quickly than those of women.

To the extent that our environment temporarily becomes more problematic we should see an upsurge in psychic abilities among both men and women. There are a number of ways to artificially increase a person's latent psychic ability.

One thing worth mentioning is the noticeable increase in psychic abilities since the UFO era began. Remote Viewing is a new technique this generation that enables the viewer to go back and forth in time in a way never known before. The strongest psychics will have the advantage of alien influence, especially the human-alien hybrids when they appear, although they may claim to be normal human beings. Uri Geller, for example, had an experience with a UFO as a child.

And yet, zero psychics have ever been proven to have actual abilities over what can be attributed to pure chance. Uri Geller has also admitted that he was an illusionist and a fraud. One would think with all these psychics and such, at least ONE would have been verified as being authentic. Just ONE...

• Like 2

Advances in quantum physics and the notion of quantum entanglement have led scientists to a less negative view of fringe areas such as psychic powers, mysticism, UFO experiences, ghosts, time slips, etc. Unfortunately, the unknown can't be reduced to rules governing what is already known. Psychics will not be verified by methods presuming a materialistic world view or normal human motivations - it's a real turnoff. It has taken us a while to establish the existence of the tiny electrical field of the human body, the genetic code, and the different functional areas of the brain. We can look forward to better, more precise scientific instruments to determine what is actually going on in the brains of these distinctive persons. Science will be finally catching up to understanding these people who have existed within all human cultures over many millennia.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think it all goes back to the fight or flight instinct. Women have adapted an incredible ability. To see danger before it happens.

Advances in quantum physics and the notion of quantum entanglement have led scientists to a less negative view of fringe areas such as psychic powers, mysticism, UFO experiences, ghosts, time slips, etc. Unfortunately, the unknown can't be reduced to rules governing what is already known. Psychics will not be verified by methods presuming a materialistic world view or normal human motivations - it's a real turnoff. It has taken us a while to establish the existence of the tiny electrical field of the human body, the genetic code, and the different functional areas of the brain. We can look forward to better, more precise scientific instruments to determine what is actually going on in the brains of these distinctive persons. Science will be finally catching up to understanding these people who have existed within all human cultures over many millennia.

Just no.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 1

I've never understood Online readings... Basically can't they just tell you whatever they want and not have to flip even a single card? Couldn't they ask some questions and then go off pre-written responses?

I've never liked psychics. I've always believed they were dealing with some other information source. Such as a demon, or spirit. I do believe in the miraculous however and prophecy is part of that miraculousness. Even then it is not the person doing anything, but power moving through that person from somewhere else... God, Satan.....

And then of course the vast majority of them are just frauds. The better ones even get TV shows.