Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are spirits drawn to stairs?

splint

Share your thoughts or research you may have found on the subject.

Thank you.

• Like 1

They are?

I have seen a few fall down the stairs because of spirits, but thats another subject. :whistle:

• Like 9

If spirits were indeed real then they would have no need of stairs considering they are used only by real, living beings like people and cats.

Stairs are just a man-made construct.

• Like 3

Is this an example of what you mean ?

P3060011-590x442.jpg

"If spirits can fly why is there a stairway to heaven" NoteverythingisaconspiracyTM

:P

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 8

Is this an example of what you mean ?

P3060011-590x442.jpg

"If spirits can fly why is there a stairway to heaven" NoteverythingisaconspiracyTM

:P

Where did you find that evidence? this is the real thing!!! :yes: I`m impressed.

• Like 2

Stairs are just a man-made construct.

So are the spirits which walk on them. :whistle:

• Like 4

Where did you find that evidence? this is the real thing!!! :yes: I`m impressed.

Divine inspiration* !

*) Aka google image search

• Like 2

So are the spirits which walk on them. :whistle:

Heh..yeah. That too. :yes:

• Like 2

I have not had an experience of ghosts on stairs. I have lived in enough houses with stairs and never had a "feeling" or sighting or have heard anything unusual on stairs.

But...there are plenty of stories of ghosts on stairs, pushing people downstairs.

I think stairs are like hotels. Its a place where people are coming and going and leaves an "imprint of energy".

Stairs probably report their share of sightings because your eyesight is at a different level, either down at your feet or up. This makes it easier to " see" something out of the corner of your eye.

• Like 2

I have not had an experience of ghosts on stairs. I have lived in enough houses with stairs and never had a "feeling" or sighting or have heard anything unusual on stairs.

But...there are plenty of stories of ghosts on stairs, pushing people downstairs.

I think stairs are like hotels. Its a place where people are coming and going and leaves an "imprint of energy".

Stairs probably report their share of sightings because your eyesight is at a different level, either down at your feet or up. This makes it easier to " see" something out of the corner of your eye.

Or an imprint of imagination.

I am interested in the spirits pushing people down the stairs bit. Could you provide a link to any of these, thankyou.

ps: please do not provide links which involve insurance policies or alcohol.....thankyou again.

• Like 2

Maybe ghosts are just jerks who see a good opportunity to push people

So why is it that nearly every supposed encounter with a ghost is a violent one? It is just like religion, every invented deity possesses the worst that humanity has to offer; sadism, cruelty, bullying behavior, manipulation, etc.

Either the ghost is extremely violent or is some sage that has some wonderful enlightenment to bestow. Furthermore, if a supposed ghost can rattle and slam doors, move objects and whatever then why is it suddenly incapable of writing notes on paper or using a keyboard?

• Like 1

So why is it that nearly every supposed encounter with a ghost is a violent one? It is just like religion, every invented deity possesses the worst that humanity has to offer; sadism, cruelty, bullying behavior, manipulation, etc.

Either the ghost is extremely violent or is some sage that has some wonderful enlightenment to bestow. Furthermore, if a supposed ghost can rattle and slam doors, move objects and whatever then why is it suddenly incapable of writing notes on paper or using a keyboard?

599419.jpg

• Like 1

599419.jpg

True, true. But mine was merely rhetorical in nature.

I'm doing some research on some spirits right now. I'll let you know what I discover if I can remember it.

• Like 1

I had one ghost experience and it wasn't violent at all.
  • Like 1

I'm doing some research on some spirits right now. I'll let you know what I discover if I can remember it.

I like your style...

• 1 month later...

Share your thoughts or research you may have found on the subject.

Thank you.

Because not everyone has an elevator.

• 2 months later...

I'm just going through a few old threads...

If you are to believe the age-old 'story''...

Stairs represent the pathway between hell (the bottom) and heaven (the top) and they are somehow stuck in purgatory (the middle).

Stairs are symbolic of the soul's journey from their earthly life to find rest in their 'heavenly abode' (the 'Light').

....and that is why spirits are drawn to stairs.

*better late than never.

Edited by The Necromancer

Drawn to the stairs? They are reported within all the areas of a building. But I do have one strange encounter that I will share here.

I once delivered some goods to a business who were based inside a renovated old Mill. The place itself is infamous for all that is spooky. Ive heard tales about that place from legit people who themselves never want to return there. Anyhows, the day I visited I found the lifts to be out of order,so I had to use the flights of stairs. On my final trip down the twisting stairway I suddenly passed into what felt like a cold spot. It was a weird sensation that left me with the feeling that something had just passed through me. I stopped on the stairs and noticed that the cold sensation eased, I waved my arm up towards the higher steps and no longer felt the cold. That was enough for me :) I quickly made my way down and then tried to look normal on the ground floor as I rushed back outside to safety.

here's my own experience: whatever is drawn to stairs, it's in most cases toddlers with crayons.....

• Like 2

don't forget slinky ... slinky more than inspired a few if not plenty ghost stories too ~

• Like 1

I agree with Mark One. I don't think spirits are particularly "drawn to stairs".

However... If you are going to fall down, break your neck and die, then stairs are an ideal place to do it.

Also, the staircase has been traditionally used to 'make an entrance'. A good example of an emotionally-charged event, thought by some to create residual hauntings.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because they are symbolic of your trip to the heavens after death?

Because stairs are a common cause of fall related deaths?