Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best supported UFO cases

Shouldthisexist

Hi everyone,

I did a quick search and didn't see a topic recently about this so I decided I would try it out. I would like to discuss the most interesting and credible UFO cases. I'm not looking for proof of aliens mind you. I'm looking for cases that have solid evidence and can't be easily explained away. I would like to keep this as factual as possible, so well documented cases with some evidence or even investigating would be appreciated. I am curious to see how many if any at all are still occurring in recent years.

Hopefully we can find some new mysteries and maybe even help solve a few older ones!

Edited by Shouldthisexist
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

I did a quick search and didn't see a topic recently about this so I decided I would try it out. I would like to discuss the most interesting and credible UFO cases. I'm not looking for proof of aliens mind you you. I'm looking for cases that have solid evidence and can't be easily explained away.

Hopefully we can find some new mysteries and maybe even help solve a few older ones!

I need to do a thorough research on this subject,, while examining all the relevant documents and search the UFO sections on all the relevant websites available, please give me 30 minutes, i`ll be back.

• Like 3

I need to do a thorough research on this subject,, while examining all the relevant documents and search the UFO sections on all the relevant websites available, please give me 30 minutes, i`ll be back.

I had to edit a little bit, and 30 mins you say? You must be going for a masters in UFOlogy :)

• Like 2

How recent are you looking for? What would you consider as good documentation?

We'll recent is great but I'm open to all. Documentation I'm looking more for as follows

1) date and time

2) location

3) witnesses (amount of)

4) witnesses (testimonials)

5) radar or any other instruments they were picked up on

6) photographs

7) police reports or military statements

8) any scientific investigation into it

These are just a few things, I'm not saying it needs all 8+ but more things like that I feel can help make a more credible case.

• Like 1

Ie I'm just now reading it but the chiles-whitted case seems to be pretty well documented.

• Like 1

We'll recent is great but I'm open to all. Documentation I'm looking more for as follows

1) date and time

2) location

3) witnesses (amount of)

4) witnesses (testimonials)

5) radar or any other instruments they were picked up on

6) photographs

7) police reports or military statements

8) any scientific investigation into it

These are just a few things, I'm not saying it needs all 8+ but more things like that I feel can help make a more credible case.

The 1976 Iranian incident fits your criteria perfectly. https://en.wikipedia...an_UFO_incident

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

I was thinking of the Iranian incident too.

I read it before but I just did I refresher, does Jupiter really sound plausible? I was thinking ball lighting but idk about the changing colors and radar detection.

• Like 1

I read it before but I just did I refresher, does Jupiter really sound plausible?

Not really. Experienced pilots are used to seeing the planets, and other astronomical and terrestrial objects in different atmospheric conditions. They are also trained to make quick and certain identifications because their lives may well depend on them.

I was thinking ball lighting but idk about the changing colors and radar detection.

Given that a great deal of unexplained (but somewhat similar) phenomena seem to get lumped into the term "Ball lightning" that is not really much of an explanation.

• Like 1

I read it before but I just did I refresher, does Jupiter really sound plausible? I was thinking ball lighting but idk about the changing colors and radar detection.

Here are the main debunks I am guessing:

1. The people who reported the light and the General who saw it, all said it was like a star but brighter. That's a good description of Jupiter.

2. There was no surface radar contact (the airfield radar was down and the radar 250KM to the south saw nothing).

3. Only one aircraft was reported to maintenance as having electrical problems and that was the second one, the one that had reported a radar lock. It was a known hangar queen with a history of electrical gripes and radar problems.

4. The aircrew NEVER flew at night at that time. Never, so they were operating in a strange environment and may not have been used to seeing bright planets shining in a dark sky.

5. There were meteor showers all over the area that night.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 4

Here are the main debunks I am guessing:

1. The people who reported the light and the General who saw it, all said it was like a star but brighter. That's a good description of Jupiter.

2. There was no surface radar contact (the airfield radar was down and the radar 250KM to the south saw nothing).

3. Only one aircraft was reported to maintenance as having electrical problems and that was the second one, the one that had reported a radar lock. It was a known hangar queen with a history of electrical gripes and radar problems.

4. The aircrew NEVER flew at night at that time. Never, so they were operating in a strange environment and may not have been used to seeing bright planets shining in a dark sky.

5. There were meteor showers all over the area that night.

This maybe a extremely dumb question merc but could a meteor show up on a planes radar if they are close enough to it?

• Like 1

I think the most compelling cases are the two that involve people coming away with radiation poisoning. You can fake a sighting or a photo, but it would take serious balls to fake a life-long and potentially terminal illness.

Not really. Experienced pilots are used to seeing the planets, and other astronomical and terrestrial objects in different atmospheric conditions. They are also trained to make quick and certain identifications because their lives may well depend on them.

Given that a great deal of unexplained (but somewhat similar) phenomena seem to get lumped into the term "Ball lightning" that is not really much of an explanation.

Well I only postulated the ball lightning theory because of intense light and ball shape. Plus they are known to move.

So if the pilots are 100% accurate and it was moving and chased them, then that's why it bothers me to blame Jupiter. Also I'm not familiar with Jupiter splitting into different parts and one landing on the surface. But that would corroborate the meteor theory.

I think the most compelling cases are the two that involve people coming away with radiation poisoning. You can fake a sighting or a photo, but it would take serious balls to fake a life-long and potentially terminal illness.

Are these 2 from the same case?

Edited by Shouldthisexist
  • Like 1

Hudson Valley boomerang, early 80's. Thousands of witnesses from every walk of life. Books written, TV shows made. There are a few pics and videos, but cause it was a time when no one carried cameras or video recorders with them, that's the only thing lacking.

This maybe a extremely dumb question merc but could a meteor show up on a planes radar if they are close enough to it?

Theoretically yes, but meteors are generally too short lived to get a lock. That isn't the case here, though, as the lock was moving very slowly, like 125 knots of closure according to a story I read, so not a meteor. I know it is possible to get false locks in the F-4 but I am not sure how long the radar would hold that lock and track it. I did use an F-4 radar once when the squadron we were training with gave me a ride and it was great fun, especially since they had a stick and throttle in the back so I could actually fly the beast. I managed to run the radar fairly well and locked up my squadron mates in a 4v4 training mission but I didn't know much about the quirks of the system, just how to get it tuned and run it.

• Like 1

Are these 2 from the same case?

Nope, I don't remember the names of the cases off the top of my head but could find out easily enough with some digging.

One involved a middle-aged woman, her son, and her mother in a car coming across a strange unidentified craft on a highway that was being chased by choppers.

The other was about a surveyor who came upon a landed craft and got blasted by air from a vent on it and had a pattern burned into him.

Both suffered from radiation sickness.

Nope, I don't remember the names of the cases off the top of my head but could find out easily enough with some digging.

One involved a middle-aged woman, her son, and her mother in a car coming across a strange unidentified craft on a highway that was being chased by choppers.

The other was about a surveyor who came upon a landed craft and got blasted by air from a vent on it and had a pattern burned into him.

Your right it poses a big question. I personally don't have the Gaul to poison myself with radiation. But I would want to know there jobs the year of these sightings and maybe a few other factors to see if maybe they already were already infected.

Lightning (and ball lightning quite common on some trips) does not affect the instrumentation of aircraft in general, let alone military aircraft. The only instrument affected is the magnetic compass.

If you could cite these cases including actual medical diagnoses showing that it was in fact radiation sickness/burns (along with the type and amount of radiation), then you might have something. All radiation sickness/burns stories I've ever seen have all been told only by the 'victims' or by reporters, with all the diligence and verification that both of those imply...

Reilly - you might mean the The Cash Landrum/ Piney Woods Incident ?

http://science.howst...fo-incident.htm

Apparently - the two women also tried to sue the US government for $20 million because of their injuries/sickness - but lost the case

due to denial from the military - that helicopters had been deployed to the area that night - or they were in possession of a huge

diamond shaped UFO/craft.

So the judge ruled in the military's favour..... (not really surprising) :sm

The little boy btw - was Vicki Landrums young grandson.

• Like 3

Yeah, I think the Cash/Landrum incident is one of the best supported UFO cases I've seen.

Also the 2000 Illinois triangle case is very compelling as well.

http://www.ufoeviden...ses/case277.htm

Yes - the Illinois UFO case is also interesting - and still - no clear definate answers.

In considering the already 'pre-existing' credibility - such as multiple police officers - it only stands to good reason that communities on a

whole - should take more notice of what they witness - and what they have to say.

• Like 2

Another well documented UFO incident - is the Trans - en - Provence Case.

It took place in a provence in France on the 8th January 1981.

It wasn't so much about the sighting of the disk like object - it was about the physical evidence that it left behind.

It was the key aspect in regards to the case.

http://www.ufoskeptic.org/trans.html

Edit to add -

Return to Trans - en - Provence.

Jacques F. Vallee (1990) J. Scientific Exploration..vol 4. No 1, p 19

Scientific paper - abstract:

The site of the 1981 Trans-en-Provence UFO case was visited again during 1988. Soil samples taken at the time of the initial investigation were analyzed in an American laboratory in an effort to validate the Centre National d'Études Spatiales (CNFS) study of the case. The results of the interviews with the witness and his wife, and the examination of samples taken at the surface and below the surface of the physical trace support the findings of the CNES team and the truthfulness of the witness' testimony.

Edited by Astra-

I think any encounter that leaves evidence, physical observable evidence (close encounter of the second kind?) are the most compelling.

While I still say there's something 'hinky' about the Rendelsham Forest business, there's not concrete evidence, just radio recordings.

I saw an episode of Mysteries at the Museum recently that had a police patrol car that'd had a run in with 'something', you had all the traditional components, engine trouble, radio messages veering to the weird, time-loss BUT you also had the physical evidence of an impact on the car and no evidence on the road etc of the same. No debris from what he hit was ever found. Now, I've seen cars hit by Kangaroos, the damage was similar, so he could have hit a deer and the deer limped off to die somewhere.

• Like 1