Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dental patient developed '90-minute memory'

UM-Bot

A British soldier who went to the dentist in Germany became afflicted with a strange memory condition.

Known only by his first name William, the serviceman had been stationed in Germany in 2005 when, upon visiting a dentist to undergo a routine root canal, he went in to a trance-like state and had to be taken to hospital where he ended up staying for three days.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/283502/dental-patient-developed-90-minute-memory

OMG, almost like 50 First Dates. How terrible for him! I didn't even think that was possible. :unsure2:

Edited by MJNYC

:no:

I was always scared of them dentists but now... I just can't continue going there lol

:no:

I was always scared of them dentists but now... I just can't continue going there lol

no worries, you probably won't remember it. ;)

Well... guess I can drop the dental insurance as I'm NEVER going back

• 3 months later...

Wow this is messed up. I am already kinda fearful of the dentist, this just seals it haha

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. He has anterograde amnesia which is the inability to form new memories past the a certain date (i.e. his root canal). I'm really interested in knowing if he was allergic to novacaine or possibly whatever form of anesthesia was used. Turns out that anterograde amnesia can be a complication of a benzodiazepine (tranquilizer) that is sometimes found in anesthesia. Fascinating. Never thought about this.