Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

At the bottom of my bed.

Mark One

Years ago in my early teens I awoke one night and turned over. As I did this I caught sight of something odd at the bottom of my bed. At first I just lay there on my side with some panic and "what-ifs" passing through my mind. I then began to hear quiet noises too that sounded like something leaning against the bed. I had a small dog with me who was asleep on the pillow so I knew it wasnt him. So after a few minutes of trying to explain the thing away to myself I turned onto my back and decided to have a look. As my eyes adjusted in the darkness I could see a small figure which seemed to have plenty of hair. It had long looking pointy ears and a dog like nose. It was approx 2.5 feet in height and was leaning into the bed. It small claw like hands pressed into the duvet, its eyes never blinked as it stared at me in silence. It did seem to be having problems standing though as it swayed from left to right. But after around 5 minutes of this the silent figure faded away in front of my eyes.

In one of Simon Parkes recent answers to questions vids he described the Djinn and what he did share sounded just like my sighting at the bottom of my bed. Im going to sketch the creature from memory and add it here soon. Thanks for teading X.

• Like 4

You should have shot it.

• Like 2

I'm am very much looking forward to the sketch of this mysterious creature.

Just one question though (and please do not take this as offensive at all :) ). It is simply to rule this out >>> Had you consumed any alcohol or drugs prior to this particular sighting? :)

edit: I just wanted to include that I think it's great that you questioned yourself for logical reasoning first.

Edited by pixiii

I'm am very much looking forward to the sketch of this mysterious creature.

Just one question though (and please do not take this as offensive at all :) ). It is simply to rule this out >>> Had you consumed any alcohol or drugs prior to this particular sighting? :)

edit: I just wanted to include that I think it's great that you questioned yourself for logical reasoning first.

No worries pixiii, a fair question. No there was no booze and Ive never taken drugs. The sighting happened at my nans house.

• Like 1

gallery_155080_9_58523.png

Its the best I can produce from memory. It didnt seem nasty, nor un-friendly...just weird.

• Like 1

You should have shot it.

Violence solves nothing young padewan. :)

Violence solves nothing young padewan. :)

Yeah right! - says Outlaw Josie Wales ;)

Btw - I like your sketch - no stuffed toy animals at the end of your bed that night ?

• Like 1

Yeah right! - says Outlaw Josie Wales ;)

Btw - I like your sketch - no stuffed toy animals at the end of your bed that night ?

He was a good guy though and there wernt any lightsabres so....:)

I was 13-14 yrs old, c`mon - cuddly toys :D The only thing at the bottom of the bed was a small gap and then the radiator on the wall.

He was a good guy though and there wernt any lightsabres so.... :)

I was 13-14 yrs old, c`mon - cuddly toys :D The only thing at the bottom of the bed was a small gap and then the radiator on the wall.

lol...well I hope someone else can help shed some light on your strange experience.

Maybe you were dreaming ? sometimes dreams can feel very real to us - especially when young - and puberty alone - can be a topsy

turvy time :blink:

Was wide awake buddy and spent 30minutes trying the sleep after it had gone.

This is an interesting story. If it faded away it must be a spirit or ghost.

Sounds like the monster under the bed thing does exist.

Did you ever see it again? that is kind of spooky. At times I wonder what kind of monster lurk in the darkness

as we sleep. In a way it's a comfort to know they are there! That way we know we are not completely alone.

This is an interesting story. If it faded away it must be a spirit or ghost.

Sounds like the monster under the bed thing does exist.

Did you ever see it again? that is kind of spooky. At times I wonder what kind of monster lurk in the darkness

as we sleep. In a way it's a comfort to know they are there! That way we know we are not completely alone.

It never happened to me again but my aunt awoke in the same house and she saw something similar sat/stood on her bedroom carpet. I wasnt there at the time but she screamed everyone awake. When my nan found her hidden under her sheets the visitor was gone.

Edited by Mark One
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_155080_9_58523.png

Its the best I can produce from memory. It didnt seem nasty, nor un-friendly...just weird.

Wow thanks so much for taking the time to sketch it from memory. I know it's hard to do sometimes, especially after it's been a while. It has fox or dog looking features don't you think? What a strange thing to see. I guess you can now (thankfully) know that at least it wasn't un-friendly!

It never happened to me again but my aunt awoke in the same house and she saw something similar sat/stood on her bedroom carpet. I wasnt there at the time but she screamed everyone awake. When my nan found her hidden under her sheets the visitor was gone.

Oh dear! You're poor Aunt must've gotten quite a fright. I expect the "visitor" did as well after she screamed everyone awake. :unsure2:

1) It looks like a dog. Might it actually have been one? You said you had a small dog with you.

2) That small dog you mentioned, did it react to this "thing"?

3) "Faded away..." You had just woken up. You most likely were just imagining things. Happens all the time.

1) It looks like a dog. Might it actually have been one? You said you had a small dog with you.

2) That small dog you mentioned, did it react to this "thing"?

3) "Faded away..." You had just woken up. You most likely were just imagining things. Happens all the time.

1) Our dog was asleep on the bed.

2) read above.

3) I rubbed my eyes and glanced around but the "thing" remained where it was. Im not prone ti imagining things when I wake up.

1) Our dog was asleep on the bed.

2) read above.

3) I rubbed my eyes and glanced around but the "thing" remained where it was. Im not prone ti imagining things when I wake up.

And yet your dog still slept through the entire "event".

Still, nothing you have posted has convinced others that you weren't just dreaming ("rubbing your eyes" isn't a solution, and just because you're not prone to imagining things doesn't mean you don't imagine things). I sympathize with you, I've had something similar happened before. But, using a good does of critical thinking, I was able to understand what was actually happening and I didn't have to jump to the wildest and most un-provable answers. Approach these things with an open mind, explore the mundane possibilities first and foremost.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard