Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An alleged UFO in Peterborough

Anomalocaris

The source for this one appears to be here:

http://www.peterboro...rough-1-6860760

I am currently composing an email to them. I'll be (politely!) asking several pretty basic questions but will also raise a number of issues about the report that have me scratching my head, not the least of which being the inconsistencies in the photos she is holding versus the one that leads the story...

I'd also like to see the images taken just before and after her 'sighting' (she never actually saw anything at the time????)

hmm.

• Like 2

On first impression - it resembles a 'flying double ice cream cone'.

I feel it might be some digital software paint job.??

The ice cream globby circles look painted onto something? - which is then layered onto a back ground

such as an image of a sky.

Anyway - just a guess - as the dear old lady holding the pic's up looks very innocent :innocent:

:unsure2:

• Like 2

Disappointingly this has gone nowhere. Apparently the person does not use email.. and I'm not going to use my phone credit ringing the UK...

If anyone is in the UK and wishes to follow this up, contact the Peterborough times link above.

As for me, given the no-email situation and a few other things that just don't quite look / sound right, I've thrown away enough of my time and have now lost interest.

• Like 2

On first impression - it resembles a 'flying double ice cream cone'.

Vanilla flavor too. :w00t:
  • Like 1

Shape is no indicator.

1966: Portage County, Ohio UFO Chase

portage-397x288.gif

• Like 1

Part of the pilot/tow vessel from the Fesarius! :D

Or, a couple of large helium balloons strapped together. ;)

I thought you were against ridiculing witnesses, no matter how whacky the description?

• Like 2

I thought you were against ridiculing witnesses, no matter how whacky the description?

Psyche - not all "believer skeptics" - buy into everything that is either claimed - or insinuated to be of alien origin.

Being broad minded - doesn't always equal - being dumb :)

Edited by Astra-
  • Like 2

haha... :tu:
  • Like 1

Shape is no indicator.

1966: Portage County, Ohio UFO Chase

portage-397x288.gif

OK, Vanilla flavor with a dap of chocolate. :rofl:

• Like 1

Psyche - not all "believer skeptics" - buy into everything that is either claimed - or insinuated to be of alien origin.

We separate the chaff from the wheat don't we Astra. :tu:

• Like 1

Astra

That has nothing to do with what I said at all.

I did not ask AZDZ why he did not believe the witness or even if he questions the sighting at all, I questioned his comments regarding the witness and her tale, he just chastised me - well all skeptics - in another thread saying this is what skeptics do all the time, it is wrong and chases people away. The thread is now closed, but he never bothered to reply to that post which I thought rather clearly outlined the situation as I see it.

He just entirely contradicted his own philosophy which he claims to feel rather strongly about. I feel it is a fair question considering the last discussion was abruptly cut off.

Yet again you have jumped in on half the story and got it wrong. Are you bored or something? You cannot stand me, and AZDZ is a big boy,and I am sure can speak for himself, he does not need a girl to step in for him I am sure.

LINK

Is it OK for AZDZ to answer the post? I did after all directly reference that very poster as I wish to understand what he is insinuating here. It is somewhat confusing. Or do you feel a need to interject yet again?

Believer gang mentality.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

Astra

That has nothing to do with what I said at all.

Psyche - I'm not going to argue with you - as that would put you in your element.

My post was pretty self explanatory.

I did not ask AZDZ why he did not believe the witness or even if he questions the sighting at all

Why would you ask ?

From what I gathered - everyone took the womans sighting with a grain of salt.

I questioned his comments regarding the witness and her tale, he just chastised me - well all skeptics - in another thread saying this is what skeptics do all the time, it is wrong and chases people away.

Do you realize just how childish and immature that sounded ? - you sounded like a little kid 'tittle tattling' on the bully in the school playground :passifier:

The only posters that get chased away - are those who don't agree with the skeptics.

So lets not try and twist things around :geek:

The thread is now closed, but he never bothered to reply to that post which I thought rather clearly outlined the situation as I see it.

I'm not surprised that it was closed - it was predictably getting nowhere - which was a shame.

I feel it is a fair question considering the last discussion was abruptly cut off.

No - you mean the arguing was abruptly cut off.

Yet again you have jumped in on half the story and got it wrong.

Oh - I didn't realize you kept score :)

Are you bored or something?

No - between working and other commitments in life - it's nice to pop in - when I find the time to do so.

I can't be here 24 hours a day.

Why psyche ?..........are you bored ? :hmm:

AZDZ is a big boy,and I am sure can speak for himself, he does not need a girl to step in for him I am sure.

I'm sure he can - and he does speak for himself.

My post was meant generally for all "believer skeptics" - not just AZDZ.

Is it OK for AZDZ to answer the post?

Sure - if that's his choice to do so.

I did after all directly reference that very poster as I wish to understand what he is insinuating here

Oh - I see.... B)

Sooo! - you never stick your beak in - when a poster has directed reference to another poster here ???

OMG - that's classic :rofl:

Or do you feel a need to interject yet again?

Well no - but I did.

I also expect one of your long retorts back - but please forgive me for not responding - as I will be painting my nails instead :-*

• Like 1

OK, Vanilla flavor with a dap of chocolate. :rofl:

Hey! - lets not forget the candy sprinkles on top.

portage-397x288_zpszkmssrb6.gif

:P

• Like 2

he does not need a girl to step in for him I am sure.

Care to elaborate on that?

Psyche - I'm not going to argue with you - as that would put you in your element.

My post was pretty self explanatory.

Astra

This is a discussion forum, and you do not expect debate? I do feel you may well be in the wrong place if that be the case.

Your post was incorrect, as per your incorrect assumptions.

Why would you ask ?

From what I gathered - everyone took the womans sighting with a grain of salt.

I asked because it directly contradicted what AZDZ said earlier, I am seeking clarification, which I see nothing wrong with at all, that is a given when a comment is made.

Do you realize just how childish and immature that sounded ? - you sounded like a little kid 'tittle tattling' on the bully in the school playground :passifier:

The only posters that get chased away - are those who don't agree with the skeptics.

So lets not try and twist things around :geek:

How can I be tattling when it was a direct question to one person? Nobody else saw the need to get involved, just Astra, Super-heroine of the FTB's.

Absolute nonsense. The posters that leave have had their agenda exposed and are embarrassed about it, lets cal a spade a spade shall we.

I'm not surprised that it was closed - it was predictably getting nowhere - which was a shame.

Not all of it, and that discussion only moved to another thread anyway.

No - you mean the arguing was abruptly cut off.

No, I had left that discussion as the details were more than my time allows to analyse.

Oh - I didn't realize you kept score :)

Again is not a number in case you did not realise. Repetition is not score, it is a repeated occurrence, no number involved. How it add's or resolves the conundrum I seek unfolded is beyond me, sounds like you just wanted to have a crack at a skpetic, which does seem to float your boat from what I get from your posting.

No - between working and other commitments in life - it's nice to pop in - when I find the time to do so.

I can't be here 24 hours a day.

Why psyche ?..........are you bored ? :hmm:

Anything but. I just don't like talking to you much, but feel it necessary when you reply to my posts at least to clarify the points you gleefully twist. We are here for different reasons, I am here too learn and understand.

I'm sure he can - and he does speak for himself.

My post was meant generally for all "believer skeptics" - not just AZDZ.

Then you should have made a general post as opposed to directly referencing that particular discussion. Not that I believe you for one second.

Sure - if that's his choice to do so.

He seems to be hiding behind his own discrepancies. That is his choice too, and it says a great deal.

Oh - I see.... B)

Sooo! - you never stick your beak in - when a poster has directed reference to another poster here ???

OMG - that's classic :rofl:

I correct erroneous information and if I interject into a conversation, I often make mention that the post is not directed to me, so I hope the poster does not mind my answer - you never seen me state that? Thing is, you were not correcting information and you were not adding to the discussion, you tried to police it when you had no reason to do so and just made a so and so of yourself.

Well no - but I did.

Yes, Astra, saviour of the FTB., he is a big boy and that he needed a girl to stand in for him is completely unimpressive, you may have tried to help out here, but you made him look even worse IMHO.

I also expect one of your long retorts back - but please forgive me for not responding - as I will be painting my nails instead :-*

I would consider that a favour if you are willing to keep your word.

• Like 1

Care to elaborate on that?

Nah, you annoy me and you never answer my questions, consider the favour returned.

Wait, what? By all means of respect, but I have yet to see you being able of that otherwise not too complex task, examples showing otherwise are numerous and pretty explicit.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 2

Hey! - lets not forget the candy sprinkles on top.

portage-397x288_zpszkmssrb6.gif

:P

So into seeking the truth yet nothing to say but childish remarks about one of the most difficult cases to crack in all time.

Very hard to believe you are actually serious about the subject. It seems that your claims do not fit your postings.

• Like 1

Seems psyche is leaning a tad more on the believer side. Do you suppose... :w00t:

post-103357-0-42323800-1438316214_thumb.