Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Suspected Russian mini sub found

bmk1245

PRESS RELEASE 2015-07-27

A Russian mini-submarine has been discovered at Swedish territorial waters not far from the Swedish coast. The submarine is about 20 meters long and three and a half meters wide. It is unclear how old the submarine is and how long it has been laying at the sea floor, but the Cyrillic letters on the hull indicates that it is Russian.

The discovery was made previous week by the Ocean X Team and Ixplorer.

– The submarine is completely intact, have no visible damage to the hull and the hatches are closed. Therefore do we fear that the crew have not been able to save them self when the sub went down, says Stefan Hogeborn, divers in Ocean X Team.

The submarine was found during an expedition where a camera equipped, unmanned mini-submarine of the model ROV, Remote Operated Vehicle, was sent down.

Swedish Armed Forces was informed earlier today.

More here

Article in Expressen.se with video (in Swedish)

Well... There was sub, after all. Lets see story development...

Edited by bmk1245

Looks like they were staying silent for a long time, untill i guess the crew ran out of air

Some experts say its 100 year old Russian Som class submarine "Catfish" (sank in collision, May 10, 1916).

• Like 1

The problem is, this sub looks intact and looks mordern. And the photo of the sub is white which matched the photo of the elusive sub

The problem is, this sub looks intact and looks mordern. And the photo of the sub is white which matched the photo of the elusive sub

Yeap, not to mention that it appeared (from the footage) to be bit too clean for something that spent century under the water. But I'm not an expert on such issue...
  • Like 1

Yeap, not to mention that it appeared (from the footage) to be bit too clean for something that spent century under the water. But I'm not an expert on such issue...

The state it is in can depend on many factors, like water temperature, oxygen content, acidity and so on. Having said that, it looks a bit too good for south Sweden. A little further up North I could believe the age.... Guess we will find out soon enough.

The state it is in can depend on many factors, like water temperature, oxygen content, acidity and so on. Having said that, it looks a bit too good for south Sweden. A little further up North I could believe the age.... Guess we will find out soon enough.

Swedish government is stating its Russian. The wreck is thought to be a World War One vessel. Military have handed the case over to the Government.

Hmm, Ocean-X-Team again. Remember the Baltic Sea Ufo case? The case vanished from the screens and wasnt

updated since then. I cannot take Ocean-X-Team serious for at least 2 reasons: 1.) the baltic Sea Ufo case and

2.) due to a vid that they have published on their HP, named Peruvian Alien Skull Baltic Sea UFO. Its a woo-woo

company to me.

And as for the submarine I`m wondering that the object has no visible encrustation and natural vegetal cover even

if (supposed) at the ocean bed for 100 years now. I might be wrong, but anyway.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1