Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Man Cut Up Parents With Chainsaw...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 04 December 2004 - 12:48 PM

Besides who here hasn't considered killin' their parents at some point

I for one have never, even in my dreams, considered killing my Mom or Dad. In fact I would nominate them for sainthood if it was in my power to do so.

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#17    Hotoke

Hotoke

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(Kellalor @ Dec 4 2004, 08:32 AM)
And the world is going to hell on a sled.  disgusted.gif

View Post

Edited by Hotoke, 04 December 2004 - 11:40 PM.

So you have come this far and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness! Behold the endless abyss! Within it lies the heart of all worlds

#18    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,033 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 04 December 2004 - 01:03 PM

That statement was uncalled for Hotoke. It does not happen just in America and if you think it does your ignorance is showing.

#19    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 04 December 2004 - 01:05 PM

Hotoke
    Hello, I am not sure where in nirvana you live but in the real world people have been killing each other for as long as there have been people. India correct, wasn't there a lot of blood shed during the transition from British rule to home rule. Despite to best efforts of Ghandi......

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#20    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 04:01 PM

This chain saw carrying butt head should be chopped up with the same chain saw. But, you cry, he did not kill with the chain saw. Yes, I respond, you are correct. I also add who cares. Lets just skip the shooting part and move straight to the chain saw, and lets do it in public. I will provide the gas and the beer.

#21    Hotoke

Hotoke

Psychic Spy

• 1,923 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 11:30 PM

cat.gif

Edited by Hotoke, 04 December 2004 - 11:41 PM.

So you have come this far and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness! Behold the endless abyss! Within it lies the heart of all worlds

#22    Hotoke

Hotoke

Psychic Spy

• 1,923 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(twpdyp @ Dec 4 2004, 08:31 PM)
This chain saw carrying butt head should be chopped up with the same chain saw. But, you cry, he did not kill with the chain saw. Yes, I respond, you are correct. I also add who cares. Lets just skip the shooting part and move straight to the chain saw, and lets do it in public. I will provide the gas and the beer.

View Post

Edited by Hotoke, 04 December 2004 - 11:41 PM.

#23    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,033 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 10 December 2004 - 06:01 PM

OMG, here's an update...

Badowski says killed parents because "God told me to"
Said he had a conflict with them the night before.

Phillip Badowski told police he killed his parent because "God told me to," according to testimony at his preliminary hearing in General Sessions Court Friday morning.

The 22 year-old Hixson man calmly told of shooting his parents with a 30-30 Winchester rifle, then dismembering them. He said he shot his father first as he lay in bed, then shot his mother after she screamed and struggled with him.

He became emotional near the end, saying, "That's the story. I'm not dreaming this, am I?"

He asked officers, "You're not going to tell my sister and brother about this are you?"

The sister, 19 year-old Jennifer, and brother, 24-year-old Russell sat on the front row of the courtroom.

Judge Bob Moon bound the case to the grand jury on no bond.

Chattanooga Police officer Johnny Rogers said he was called to 6409 Fox Den lane on Big Ridge late in the morning of Dec. 2 after co-workers of Chet and Christina Badowski became concerned that they had not shown up for work and had not called in.

He said two co-workers of the couple flagged him down at the upscale home off Riverchase Road. He said they told him they had been unable to get anyone to the door.

The officer said a neighbor supplied a key, and he and Officer Micheal Hart went inside after looking in all the windows and knocking at the door for about two minute.

He said Phillip came halfway down the stair and said, "Hey, what's going on?"

The officer said Badowski said his grandmother had died, and he had taken his parents to the airport earlire that morning.

Officer Rogers asked if they could look around, and Badowski to them, "Go ahead." He found that a bedroom door was locked upstairs and a garage door was locked.

He said Badowski told them his parents kept the door locked because he had a drug problem and they didn't want him in the room.

The officer said he checked with neighbors and asked if it was unusual for the couple to lock their bedroom door. He said Officer Hart then went into the bedroom, then came down and took Badowski into custody.

Officer Rogers said he went up to the bedroom and saw the father's body on the bed next to a chainsaw. He also said, "I saw body parts in the bathroom. It was very gruesome. We backed out."

He said they did a check through the rest of the house to look for other victims after seeing large pictures of the brother and sister in the living room.

Officer Rogers said he then got inside the locked garage door and spotted a large metal container on the floor. He said it was beer.

The officer said he shined the flashlight inside to see what the object was. He said, "It was a head." He said it was the head of Mrs. Badowski.

Officer Hart said he became suspicious of Badowski' story about the grandmother dying after spotting the father's cellphone at the house. He said he believed he would have taken that with him if he had left town.

He said he also saw a spot of blood near the jaw of Badowski.

He said co-workers and neighbors had told him and Officer Rogers, "You need to go look inside that room."

He said as he went toward the bedroom he smelled an odor like a burnt motor.

Officer Hart told of finding the father's body with a towel over the face and apparent saw marks above the knee.

disgust.gif The unofficial story from people that know the family say that he was into meth. I have seen that stuff ruin more lives than I care to think about. Talk about WMD... meth is swiftly becoming one. disgust.gif

#24    Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

• A Fool's Paradise Is A Wise Man's Hell...

Posted 10 December 2004 - 06:06 PM

wow, that is just gruesome........I don't think  I'll even look at this thread anymore..........

"Art Vandelay", Marine Biologist, Architect, Importer/Exporter of Corn Chips and Owner of Latex Products Manufacturing Co. Vandelay Industries....at your service.

#25    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,033 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 06:17 PM

I know it is Art, I just really want to try to get the point across to ANYBODY and EVERYBODY just how bad meth is. It has cost, personally, and my family a lot. It is one of the most addictive drugs that can be made from everyday household items and the police have even made a special task force just for meth. sad.gif

I'm not opposed to a little pot or maybe even a lot. Hell, I fried some of my own brain cells,but it is nothing compaired to what is out ther now. sad.gif

#26    princessmommy

princessmommy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:03 AM

I know Philip Badowski. I went to school with him. I know this is old, but honestly this still keeps me up at night at times. We were not close friends. I took a Spanish class with him and he was a grade below me. We were both Spanish nerds. He was  a quiet guy, but nice and seemingly completely normal. He was a good student. Had a wonderful family at least from what I could tell. His brother was super popular and very good looking and nice too. He was a couple years ahead of me but I was at school when he was there too. Never met the sister. I was literally shocked to hear this and reading the article's details makes me sick. I wish I could have known what made him go from being the guy I knew to being the guy who would do something like this. It is very much an unexplained mystery. I feel so bad for the parents and his siblings. As awful as what he did is, I get sick thinking about him getting the death penalty and honestly I actually feel sorry for him.  What he did was not who he was. There are so many jerks in high school that I wish would end up in jail and on death row or something and then there is people like Phillip who were nice who you only want good things to happen to them, but alas....

#27    alakasam

alakasam

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:18 AM

You know this happened in my neighborhood right when I moved here. I remember the police all being in front of his house and having to take a different route home, he lived right by my neighborhood pool. I was so suprised a man from my neighborhood in hixson TN could make it to national. TV.

#28    Johnson86

Johnson86

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

This is an old topic but I was a close friend of Philip's sister and an acquaintance of Philip and I've wanted to discuss the details of what happened from what I and others close to the case observed. I feel it's finally been long enough to talk about it without be disrespectful to the Badowski's surviving son and daughter. First off, Mr. and Mrs. Badowski were very good people and excellent parents. They were very involved with their church and very dedicated to their children. Out of their 3, their oldest and youngest are both very successful, popular, hard working, and college educated. What happened to Philip, I have no idea. He was the opposite of them. He was lazy, demanding, flunked out of school, and mooched off his parents. He would have big parties every time his parents would go out of town and invite tons of people from out school over. The last party I went to was on Halloween a couple months before the murders. I arrived early and Phillip was going out to get beer, I asked if he would get me a particular kind (since I was underage) and he said yes, so long as I rode along. He seemed normal enough so I went. Big mistake. He was extremely socially awkward and inappropriate during the ride. He drove very erratically, through stop signs and lights.. and all the while mumbled to himself under his breath. In hindsight I don't doubt for a second that he was suffering from schizophrenia. He also kept trying to put his hand on my lap and repeatedly said, "I like you" "your hot" "I'm really into you right now" "lets not go back to the party, lets go somewhere more private" "do you want me to pull over somewhere quiet". He was SERIOUSLY freaking me out. Once we made it to the gas station he went in and I immediately called a friend from the party to come down and pick me up right away. There was no way in hell I was getting back in the car with him. When he came out I told him an emergency had come up and that I couldn't go back with him to the party. He got extremely upset so I apologized and ran inside the store to the bathroom to wait. I did eventually go back to the party and was relieved to not see him around. With at least 40 or so people there (that he invited), he spent his time upstairs locked in his room. He didn't come out until around 3am when only a few of us were still up drinking. He didn't seem to remember who I was or what had happened earlier that night and I was glad for it. I do believe he was one of the last people to go down that night, he had crazy energy! Now, for some of the details this article didn't include. Philip had a huge party in the days before his parents came home from doing mission work in Haiti. They came home to find their house completely destroyed and many broken valuables. They also found he had broken into their room, stolen money from them, and found drugs all over the house. They got into a huge fight and I believe they were going to make him move out. Another poster mentioned he was on meth. I don't know much about that, but I do know he did A TON of hallucinogenics. Mostly acid, but also mushrooms and weed. He also did a lot of cocaine and prescription drugs. Form my understanding he'd been bingeing out on acid and coke before his parents got home. According to Philips testimony during the trial, his parents had just gone to bed. He got his fathers rifle from the hall closet and went into their bedroom saying he need an Advil for a headache. He then raised his gun and first shot his father in the chest as he lay in bed. He said he knew he had to kill him first because if he'd have shot his mother, his father would have quickly overpowered him. He cocked the gun and immediately took a shot at his mother. She had already jumped up and he missed. He stated that she was screaming his fathers name. She attacked him before he could take aim again and tried to get the gun away. He hit her with the butt of the rifle and knocked her to the ground. She raised up onto her knees and asked him why he was doing this. He stated that he then told her "be quiet now mom, it's time for you to go to sleep", put the barrel under her chin, lifter her face upward, then pulled the trigger. He said brains went all over the wall and then he wasn't sure if he was dreaming or if it was really happening. He took her body to the bathroom and used a chainsaw to dismember her body, leaving her limps behind and putting her head inside a metal beer keg in the basement. He then poured a flammable liquid on her remaining limbs and tried to burn them (inside the house) but they wouldn't stay lit. He then moved on to his father. He covered his face with a towel and tried to start up the chainsaw again, but it threw a belt and quit working. He tried a hacksaw starting just above his knees but he found it quite exhausting and decided to go downstairs for a meal, some tv, and a nap before resuming. It was the next morning that a neighbor gave the cops a key and let them in. They said he was completely calm and composed during the search and discovery. He did say that he didn't want the cops to tell his brother and sister what he had done and that it would be very emotional for them if they did (and of course, it was.. they lost their parents and brother all in one day).

Edited by Leighann87, 20 September 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#29    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,784 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

I don't know if it's possible for a chemical substance to open the way for demonic possession but that is exactly what meth sounds like.  I have talked to a couple of people recovering from it and the description of the high and the withdrawal is horrendous.  And they talked about the hallucinations that come after several days without sleep.... the "shadow people" that can be seen just on the periphery of their vision...it's like being in a nightmare to me.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users