Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant ping pong robot

Anomalocaris

This ad from Omron Automation & Safety intends to make advanced automation seem fun, but the execution makes it seem like your future will depend on whether you win your sudden death table tennis match with a robotic version of the Aliens xenomorph.

Our robot overlords will excel at ping-pong

• Like 2

Finally all the thrill of ping pong with none of that abysmal dread of human interaction.....

Watch "Golan the Insatiable - Season 2 Episode 5 - On Golan Pond" there is a drink mixing robot named PartyBot who is haunted by what happened in Azerbaijan.

• Like 2

That looks fun. I haven't played table tennis since I was a kid, it would be interesting to play against an actual robot. Where do I sign up? :D

• Like 1

I don't think they are marketing a ping-pong robot... The company makes industrial "pick and place" robotic assembly machines...

I use to program a couple lines of robots from the Quad company... They are used to assemble electronic circuit boards, etc...

This video shows another companys P&P system, but all of them basically work the same way... This one is MUCH nicer than the

old system I had to deal with...

• Like 1

I don't think they are marketing a ping-pong robot...

No they're not. I still like the idea of playing against one though.

Edited by Still Waters
  • Like 2